Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 11:00:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [TAABL] The original Bitcoin lottery is back...  (Read 3888 times)
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3934
Merit: 2201

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 07:00:02 PM

Snorek, that's an easy question. Dice websites have already proven themself to be a good way to get people's money. Why try something else? You never know if it works. So people and companies play it safe and create yet another dicing website.

I'm going to try out this website once I get home. Looks different and I like it.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
nelisky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 08:48:53 PM

Well, first off I'd like to thank everyone for the kind words. But I feel there's some disclosure lacking; this is one of the first bitcoin games created, and granted the original rules were different but still it hardly is a novelty. The problem is our skill lay on the technical development, not on the UI or advertisement, so the game lost all visibility when others began creating copies of copies of copies of games.

We also run a dice site, one that suffers from the same issues as TAABL, as in UI is less than perfect and we don't do any organised advertisement. On the other hand it is not a copy of any other dice game and has the needed edge to make it separate from everyone else (and yes, it is also several years old). We're finishing an upgrade on that one and you'll hear about it soon Wink
Tsquared

Activity: 500
Merit: 501

http://digitalcoin.org/

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 09:50:04 PM

No lack of disclosure with TAABL, nelisky. Everything about it is an open book and it has a great history. I just finished reading the introductory thread from 2010, and it's really interesting to see how this game came to be. It's a good read, even just to skim over, because it brings you back to a different time in Bitcoin history. Crazy seeing you guys talking about betting hundreds of BTC, and this one: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=896.msg17739#msg17739 where you say "just a quick note that someone just won the 2250 BTC pot". That's great stuff!

I look forward to seeing your dice game.

TT
nelisky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 10:17:34 PM

Unfortunately I just found a bug in our chain processing code (not the game code, but the one that stores all the blockchain data for use in our multiple services).

Nothing really major but still needs to be fixed asap, and given the volume of information it is going to take a few hours to do. All bets will be processed once that's done.

Sorry about that, but it really must be done now.
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3934
Merit: 2201

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 10:20:30 PM

Unfortunately I just found a bug in our chain processing code (not the game code, but the one that stores all the blockchain data for use in our multiple services).

Nothing really major but still needs to be fixed asap, and given the volume of information it is going to take a few hours to do. All bets will be processed once that's done.

Sorry about that, but it really must be done now.
Just my luck, I just sent a small bet, hahaha. I can totally understand your reasoning though. Good luck!

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
nelisky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 10:23:16 PM

Just my luck, I just sent a small bet, hahaha. I can totally understand your reasoning though. Good luck!

Never worry! It will be processed as if nothing had happened, only a bit later. Good luck!
Tsquared

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2015, 11:49:51 PM

Never worry! It will be processed as if nothing had happened, only a bit later. Good luck!

So is everything working normally nelisky?  No hits on any of the games in the last couple days, but it looks like that's because mine is the only bet on the Pick 2, and a game won't have a winner unless there's at least 2 players, right?  And the Pick 3 and Pick 4 because there just hasn't been a block with the correct last 3 or 4 characters?

TT
nelisky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 12:13:14 AM

Everything is still in full lock down mode, apologies to everyone. The time scale involved forced me into hardware and system upgrades, and damn, the bitcoin blockchain is huge!

Hopefully this resync will complete tomorrow, but since my estimates have failed miserably thus far I'll just have to ask for a bit more patience. The problem is that the further we go into the blockchain, the more transactions there are to process which basically means my time estimation was biased towards smaller blocks of data. And we are supporting 5 different blockchains...

I will let everyone know once we return to normality, and again sorry for this mishap.
Tsquared

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 11:48:00 AM

Having trouble nelisky?

Not a big deal, just wondering.

TT
nelisky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 02:54:28 PM

Having trouble nelisky?

TT

Oh where to start... We're really close but we've had a few mishaps, including failed hardware in the process. This has been the most ridiculous database resync I've ever experienced, ever!

So close now...
asuryan180

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 03:09:19 PM

Having trouble nelisky?

TT

Oh where to start... We're really close but we've had a few mishaps, including failed hardware in the process. This has been the most ridiculous database resync I've ever experienced, ever!

So close now...

I have just seen this and will be making a few bets when you get back on track so i will keep an eye out, good to see you are doing that as we speak so won't be long before i can do it. Unlucky on the mishaps am sure you will sort them soon enough.

Great to see a legendary member creating a game it will become popular in time most of the other games out can be very boring except poker so even if it is not a lot i will be making bets.

Good luck  Cool

Tsquared

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 03:13:41 PM

Thanks for the update.
nelisky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 04:19:00 PM

We are back!

And not a moment too soon, this little software bug fix turned into a full blown hardware update due to some unexpected failures... But we're back and better than before underneath the hood.

All running games have been matched against all blocks that passed since we went down, and of course all of them ended. I'm pleased to say I didn't win everything Smiley

Thanks for everyone's patience, and let the betting begin... again!

Best of luck to all.
nelisky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 04:05:31 PM

I have now seeded all BTC games again.

Good luck!
Tsquared

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 12:26:29 PM

Thinking something isn't working right, or I'm missing something.

Sent .05 BTC bets on each game last night. I got the 5502 SAT from Pick 2, and won the Pick 3, receiving .099 BTC. Everything seems to be working, but none of this is reflected on the website and it still reflects only your initial bets.

TT
nelisky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 01:14:51 PM

Tsquared: Yes, something was wrong. The web frontend and the processing system are separate for security and the backend side experienced a bunch of network outages from late last night to this morning (UTC).

But all bets were processed and handled and the web UI is once again linked to the processing side of things.
Tsquared

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 05:11:51 PM

Awesome. Yes, looks like everything is back to normal now. Cool. Got new bets on Pick 2 and Pick 3 now.

TT
nelisky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 02:38:21 PM

Almost 0.15 BTC on the Pick 4...
nelisky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 12:19:07 PM

Almost 0.15 BTC on the Pick 4...

And... it's gone. Congrats to the winner! There's still very little volume around TAABL but slowly and surely someone's getting the higher hand (and it isn't me, honest Smiley ).
Tsquared

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2015, 10:11:51 PM

Damn. Should check my wallet more often because I think I'm that someone.

Just sent more bets.

It's nice to win, but would be awesome to have more players. Come on folks, place your bets and take my BTC.

TT
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: