Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:01:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Teen coaxed friend to commit suicide, then tweeted how much she missed him  (Read 3937 times)
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2015, 11:40:26 PM
Last edit: March 03, 2015, 04:00:50 AM by TECSHARE

http://q13fox.com/2015/02/27/investigators-say-teen-coaxed-friend-to-commit-suicide-then-tweeted-how-much-she-missed-him/

I am absolutely disgusted by this. This woman believes that men are nothing but disposable tools meant to end their lives in order to provide her with sympathy and attention from her peers. Michelle Carter should kill herself.

"Days prior to Roy’s suicide, Carter was allegedly telling her friends “it’s her fault that Conrad is dead, even though he was still alive and speaking and texting with her regularly,” police said.

South Coast Today reported that on July 11, 2014, Carter texted a friend saying she couldn’t locate Roy and was “a mess,” then an hour later texted Roy and allegedly said, “Let me know when you’re gonna do it.” "

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PenguinFire

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

That Darn Cat

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 11:49:58 PM

If you feel so strongly about suicide don't tell someone else to kill themselves.  Roll Eyes  Pro tip.

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2015, 11:51:05 PM

She's clearly a sociopath but that guy had control over himself and was capable of thinking for himself too, I'm not really sure she can be blamed for manslaughter, women like that you just stay away from and don't communicate with at all, he could have gone to the police if it was that big of a problem.

And yes LOL penguin Tongue it's like gun control advocates saying they think someone should be shot Tongue
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 12:40:13 AM

Psychopaths, they're everywhere...

thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 02:29:06 AM

What's shocking is how people are able to tweet and post shit on social media pretty much after such traumatic event.
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2015, 03:30:59 AM
Last edit: March 03, 2015, 04:04:21 AM by TECSHARE

If you feel so strongly about suicide don't tell someone else to kill themselves.  Roll Eyes  Pro tip.

She's clearly a sociopath but that guy had control over himself and was capable of thinking for himself too, I'm not really sure she can be blamed for manslaughter, women like that you just stay away from and don't communicate with at all, he could have gone to the police if it was that big of a problem.

And yes LOL penguin Tongue it's like gun control advocates saying they think someone should be shot Tongue
Protip: Get off your high horse. (also maybe try having an original thought instead of just a cliche)

Suicide sucks, and suicidal people should get help, but I am not disgusted by this just because of the suicide. In fact I am for euthanasia in a lot of circumstances, especially when terminally ill people no longer have any quality of life and choose to do so of sound mind. I am disgusted by the fact that she not only influenced him to do it as a close friend of his, but clearly did so with the intent to use his death as a way to gain attention, social status, sympathy, and donations for her organizations.

The circumstances surrounding her use of social media, and her behavior before the fact clearly indicate she knew there was a good chance he would go thru with it, and she intended to use his death for her personal gratification. He might have done it anyway without her help, but her actions indicate to me she was toying with him for some time trying to push him over the edge, and making plans for the resulting actions while she posed as his friend (as opposed to overt bullying). Also as a young man, of course a plastic looking pretty girl like herself will have undue influence on his sense of self worth. He clearly was not old enough to have had the experiences to teach him to stay away from manipulative sociopathic barbie dolls.

Additionally, think for a minute if the genders were reversed... the nation would be crying and invoking cyberbullying legislation and condemning the man for acting in such a way, but when a women does it there are plenty of empty headed people ready to make excuses for her regardless of the evidence that she had clear intent to influence him to end his life for her own personal gain. Why is a man's life worth less than a woman's?
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2015, 07:12:33 AM
Last edit: March 03, 2015, 08:35:06 AM by Lethn

Yeah, this has nothing to do with social media or genders, look it sucks, don't get me wrong, but I'll let you into a little bit of my personal life, while thankfully not as extreme I've had to deal with sociaopathic socialites like her back in my school days, the guy who's been on the receiving end of this clearly had the misfortune of being too young or not knowing any better to know about her type. They are easily intimidated creatures who try to play innocent in society while targeting the people they perceive as weak so they can get away with their shitty treatment of people. In this case it was a guy who clearly had some serious issues and it ended up backfiring on her badly, when everything goes horribly wrong, they fall back and try to pretend about how friendly they are with the victim as she is doing now to cover themselves.

In regards to the whole gender thing, you've also got some fucked up situations like Amanda Todd ( wouldn't recommend googling it if you don't want your day ruined ) and yes, social media is the weapon of choice for these people but it's easily avoided by staying the fuck away from these places, don't go near them unless you know how to handle them. I've pretty much psycho-analysed these people from what they tried doing to me in school and because they're socialites they'll hang out at the obvious places where they can meet new people or rather victims and social media just happens to be the best platform for that right now.

I know it's shitty, but they break no laws, the best defence against them at least on the internet is to block them or if they get nasty report them to the police, or better yet, record all the shit they say and post it on the internet these are the same people who celebreties mistakenly call 'trolls' when in reality they are nothing more than a bunch of hilariously brain-dead sociopaths that can't bend people to their will so they try manipulating everyone instead.

In other words, vigilance, always vigilance.
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2015, 12:54:54 PM

words

Did you even read the article fully, or my responses for that matter? The issue was not that she was attempting to overtly bully him via social media, her use of social media was simply evidence of her intent to drive the man to suicide while she pretended to be his friend and tried to elicit sympathy for herself. So IMO it is not appropriate to make a direct comparison to "cyberbullying", because this was not that situation. I do however agree that "cyberbullying" legislation, or laws against "trolling" are not able to be justly enforced, are moronic and shouldn't exist.

However, this is a unique and clear cut case of harassment with INTENT to cause harm to the man along with MOTIVE. In law intent and motive are very important factors in prosecution, and I believe the information gleaned from her social media activities and texts clearly show her intent and motive to cause harm to the boy via psychological manipulation and abuse in order to serve her own twisted purposes. There are plenty of laws on the books about harassment, stalking, and abuse of disabled (aka psychologically ill people) that could easily be invoked in this case without using "cyberbullying" legislation.

As far as the gender issue, I disagree. This is very clearly an issue of gender bias, at least in your personal interpretations if not on a national scale.
You brought up Amanda Todd, and this is a perfect example how a similar situation, when it happens to a female is almost universally considered to be a travesty and predictably people cry out for the perpetrators to be brought to justice. Given Amanda Todd was a minor, so I am not sure a direct comparison is appropriate because of this, but it does demonstrate how when such events are perpetrated on a female the reaction is to immediately seek reprisals. Then in the same vein when an even more purposeful attempt to drive someone to suicide for personal gain (rather than just mindless bullying with no real specific intent for result, or evident motive) is perpetrated by a female against a male, people such as your self are immediately dismissive and place the blame squarely upon the victim without a second thought. When a female commits suicide because of harassment there is a national outreach and push to find the perpetrators far more often then when a male is in a similar situation.

Some examples of how these cases are handled differently according to gender:

Females:
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/16/us/felony-charges-for-2-girls-in-suicide-of-bullied-12-year-old-rebecca-sedwick.html
http://cyberbullying.us/criminal-charges-filed-two-involved-rebecca-sedwick-suicide/
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-27076991
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2010/mar/29/teenagers-charged-girls-suicide
http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/23/us/new-york-girl-death/

Males:
http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/02/us/connecticut-teen-suicide/
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/no-evidence-of-bullying-in-teens-suicide-investigators-say/31486066
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/22/jamey-rodemeyer-suicide-n_n_1108458.html
http://www.startribune.com/local/271533511.html
http://www.lep.co.uk/news/local/family-call-for-ask-fm-to-be-shut-down-1-5629088
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/daniel-perry-suicide-teenage-blackmail-2172896
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20783199,00.html

General debate over whether bullying resulting in suicide is a crime: http://www.debate.org/opinions/should-bullies-be-charged-with-murder-if-their-victims-commit-suicide

As you can see almost none of the cases relating to male suicides result in criminal investigations let alone charges, while many if not most of the cases related to female suicides result in criminal investigations as well as criminal charges. I believe personal responsibility is important, and also that freedom of speech should be carefully protected, yet when there is clear intent with motive to convince some one to commit suicide there are plenty of laws that can be invoked and SHOULD be invoked in cases such as in the OP. Unfortunately even though the suicide rate for males is much higher, it is not often that investigations related to bullying are carried out when the victim is male. Why is no one asking why pushing a male suicide is some how less of a crime?
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2015, 01:01:23 PM

I'm just telling you what is actually going on, yes it is a shitty thing to do to a person, the people involved in such things are scum, the fact is though they haven't tried to physically harm them even if they may have tried coercing them into doing it, the problem is if she's prosecuted it will set another precedent where people can't take responsbility for their own actions and therefore somebody else or something else is to blame. I don't bullshit people, I'm not going to coddle you and tell you she's a monster and a horrible person and should be thrown into jail for what she did, she's certainly a horrible person, but unfortunately if we jail people for that we're all going to be put in at one point or another.

That's just the reality of the world we live in and why we have to limit ourselves from becoming a mob that randomly lynches people we don't like.
kitarohotono

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 02:48:40 PM

That's why stay away from social media whores  Smiley
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2015, 04:26:47 PM

I'm just telling you what is actually going on, yes it is a shitty thing to do to a person, the people involved in such things are scum, the fact is though they haven't tried to physically harm them even if they may have tried coercing them into doing it, the problem is if she's prosecuted it will set another precedent where people can't take responsbility for their own actions and therefore somebody else or something else is to blame. I don't bullshit people, I'm not going to coddle you and tell you she's a monster and a horrible person and should be thrown into jail for what she did, she's certainly a horrible person, but unfortunately if we jail people for that we're all going to be put in at one point or another.

That's just the reality of the world we live in and why we have to limit ourselves from becoming a mob that randomly lynches people we don't like.

I agree with you to a degree. I don't think we need new or existing cyberbullying legislation, but I do however believe that existing well established laws on the books cover what she did as I previously stated, such as harassment, stalking, abuse of the disabled, and potentially manslaughter. I think the key in this particular case is that she demonstrated intent as well as motive, which are both primary tenets of law enforcement, making this not such a gray area case like most of the other cases I linked.
sickhouse

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 04:44:18 PM

Wow, relationship gone wrong? What could drive a women to do such a thing? Psycopath for sure, but even them usually don't do stuff like that during high school age unelss there's really fucked up family conditions (I know a guy who had to beat someone with a baseball bat til he almost died at 10 years of age because hes father forced him to). This women if guilty should be executed, she will just keep killing. No turning those people normal...
I'd like to see the evidence, was there someone with her? Maybe a he owed drug money?

Turn off the news and read. Watch Psywar, learn something important about our society and PR, why and how it got started and how it brainwashes you.
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2015, 04:53:46 PM

Wow, relationship gone wrong? What could drive a women to do such a thing? Psycopath for sure, but even them usually don't do stuff like that during high school age unelss there's really fucked up family conditions (I know a guy who had to beat someone with a baseball bat til he almost died at 10 years of age because hes father forced him to). This women if guilty should be executed, she will just keep killing. No turning those people normal...
I'd like to see the evidence, was there someone with her? Maybe a he owed drug money?

Read the article, it describes her detailing her responsibility for his death before it happened to friends along with several encouragements for him to follow thru with the act as well as her taking advantage of the situation for personal gain after the fact.
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2015, 06:28:42 PM

That's why stay away from social media whores  Smiley

lol yes, you get it Tongue sadly the UK in particular is filled with women like this so I know a lot about it.
bitgeek

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 07:33:14 PM

Nowadays things like death funerals and mourning are becoming something fashionable comparable to normal everyday things like going to a party or shopping.
A couple years ago I read about a teenager, who crawled into a cremation furnace in Auschwitz to get a good picture she later posted on facebook. Funeral selfies are also becoming popular not to mention girls comparing their funeral dresses... wtf is wrong with these people.

███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████

Online.BTC.Bingo

.*500%.CASH.BACK.+.INSTANT.BONUS
..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2015, 07:48:26 PM

WTF?! That's a thing now?! No wonder I suck at being my age group, most people my age or younger are lunatics! O_O
Baghead

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 08:36:55 PM

Woha what is she is that is sick and only one sentence for someone like that and that is life, so twisted and evil i just do not understand how some people can be so wrong in the head  Huh Roll Eyes
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2015, 03:12:25 AM

Woha what is she is that is sick and only one sentence for someone like that and that is life, so twisted and evil i just do not understand how some people can be so wrong in the head  Huh Roll Eyes
Its called sociopathy (complete lack of empathy).  It is primarily genetic but can also be learned. You can't understand it because you are not mentally ill. This is how these types of people thrive, everyone would like to believe that people could never be this twisted, but unfortunately according to studies up to 20% of the population are sociopaths to varying degrees.

The world is becoming a very sick place, and people like her are the result as well as the cause. There is no reform for sociopaths like this. Unfortunately society seems to give women more of a pass on this kind of behavior because no one wants to examine the implications of our society's mothers (who should be nurturers) as potentially being predators. It is almost too horrible to examine from this perspective, therefore almost no one does.
manis

Activity: 303
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 03:24:23 PM

A pity that such things aren't punishable.
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 03:42:43 PM

Its time we create meninism, opposite for feminism to support our fellow bro dudes around the world.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: