Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:54:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [FHC] FiveHundredCoins - An honest attempt at a terrible altcoin.  (Read 1239 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
NexxusDrako (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 05:24:43 AM

Meet FiveHundredCoins, an altcoin printed straight off of CoinCreator with just 500 coins, using their free service. This means no unique Merkel root or Genesis block, which may cause problems for reasons I don't know. And yes, it still uses the CoinCreator logo.

Anyway, I'm not going to bluff about this altcoin attempt, it is shit and I urge you to only download it if you really want to. It will most likely never sell for any amount, and will most likely fail within hours, but I at least wanted to say "I made a coin!" even though I never physically made one. heh

Wallet links will go directly to CoinCreator, because why not? I don't have a website to put them on, so we'll have to make do with what we have. Why did I say we? I'm probably talking to myself because everyone's been scared off by the horrifying terribleness of the coin. Tongue

Windows Wallet - Only for Windows, because Linux is not compiled with CoinCreator. No source either, CoinCreator doesn't give it for free. Yes, I know I'm violating GPL, I'm just gonna casually get taken down, to be honest. Algorithm is SHA256, go ahead and ASIC this to death, I don't care. Tongue

Instructions:

To Run: Download, Extract, Run
To CPU Mine using Wallet: Type "setgenerate true" (no quotes) into console, type "getmininginfo" into same console to get mining info (duh?)
To ASIC Mine: I don't know, figure it out yourself. Tongue
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jimlite
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2015, 05:29:41 AM

Can you please at least make an ANN logo as good as 2015 coin?

Binance, hottest/largest alt exchange, 2BTC daily no verification. https://www.binance.com/?ref=13309371
NEED TO RENT A RIG? All algos at http://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=627

✵ Super FAST block times      ✵ Block Explorer right in the wallet!     ✵ Stealth Addresses     ✵ PoW/PoS hybrid  
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Ancient Money