Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:49:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Zeus Thunder X3 VS Antminer s3?  (Read 2374 times)
Referbo (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 01:45:15 AM

Anyone have these specs?

I have the opportunity to buy 10 Zeus Thunder X3s for $1,000, profitable venture?

I have no experience with mining
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ezeminer
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1118

Lie down. Have a cookie

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 02:56:51 AM

zeus do 28mH for 920watts of power. Scrypt mining is also very risky because there is always a new coin that is the most profitable and you have to time it right.
with the antminers, you'll most likely mine bitcoin, and they are a stable investment if you have $0.03 per kw/h or less power.
If you don't apply to these, just buy bitcoins and sit on them, or use them for daily activities.

Also since you don't have experience mining you may want to look around the forums for some help
i.e the mining support board https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=40.0

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 12:47:20 AM

I would do some ROI sadly I think the Scrypt option will cost more then you make.

S3 depends on price and your electricity price.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 07:02:47 PM

I just bought a Thunder X3 and they're pretty easy to mine with and set up with a PI, the only issue is they are LOUD, and be prepared for the noise, power and heat.

I think power is something to worry about.  I suggest doing ROI math for anyone thinking about it. 
armedmilitia

Activity: 562
Merit: 506

We're going to need a bigger heatsink.

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2015, 05:03:43 AM

At $0.15/KWH, you are losing money with the Thunder.  (typical power cost)
At $0.10/KWH, you are barely breaking even on the Thunder. (pretty cheap power)
At $0.05/KWH, you are making $1.50 per day per miner. (very cheap power)
At free power, you are making $2.50 per day per miner.

If you have free power, you will be making $25 a day (in total) if you can actually run those miners (and trust me, people will notice 9 extra kilowatts of power). You actually will probably make your money back, provided you have free power, if your $1000 is the cost of all the miners combined.

But power is almost never free, and when it is, you're probably stealing it. You should buy something better.

Always use escrow. OgNasty is pretty sweet.

Help me out with compiling a list of mining datacenters!
armedmilitia

Activity: 562
Merit: 506

We're going to need a bigger heatsink.

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 05:29:39 PM

At $0.15/KWH, you are losing money with the Thunder.  (typical power cost)
At $0.10/KWH, you are barely breaking even on the Thunder. (pretty cheap power)
At $0.05/KWH, you are making $1.50 per day per miner. (very cheap power)
At free power, you are making $2.50 per day per miner.

If you have free power, you will be making $25 a day (in total) if you can actually run those miners (and trust me, people will notice 9 extra kilowatts of power). You actually will probably make your money back, provided you have free power, if your $1000 is the cost of all the miners combined.

But power is almost never free, and when it is, you're probably stealing it. You should buy something better.

I pay $.06 winter rates and then $.10 but with multipools you have a better chance on making money that and with crypto going up it's nice.

My estimate there was from the most profitable coin on coinwarz at the time, so roughly the payout of a good multipool.

Always use escrow. OgNasty is pretty sweet.

Help me out with compiling a list of mining datacenters!
Walker-D-Plank

Activity: 83
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 04:19:26 AM

be careful with those miners, I have 2 and both melt at power supply plug in, they messed up on the build with them.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 09:57:34 AM

To be blunt, both are outdated tech that are at best VERY VERY marginal to unprofitable even if you have very cheap electric.

I really can't recommend either, though an S3 at least has a good rep for reliability and MIGHT manage RoI if you have free electric (and Sidehack is working on boards that should upgrade an S3 to competatively current sometime in the next few months or so).

There's a reason Zeus quit selling miners - they never managed to make a competative product, and the ones they DID get made were very inefficient for the timeframe they came out (even their later X6 models couldn't match the Innosilicon A2 machines despite showing up quite a bit later).

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
newcoins1978

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 07:25:11 PM

To be blunt, both are outdated tech that are at best VERY VERY marginal to unprofitable even if you have very cheap electric.

I really can't recommend either, though an S3 at least has a good rep for reliability and MIGHT manage RoI if you have free electric (and Sidehack is working on boards that should upgrade an S3 to competatively current sometime in the next few months or so).

There's a reason Zeus quit selling miners - they never managed to make a competative product, and the ones they DID get made were very inefficient for the timeframe they came out (even their later X6 models couldn't match the Innosilicon A2 machines despite showing up quite a bit later).

Yeah don't bother about the profit, if your miners will break down within a period of just a few weeks.
I know Bitmain is quality but really buying a 2 year old miner? Why would you do that?
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 10:13:14 PM

Yeah don't bother about the profit, if your miners will break down within a period of just a few weeks.
I know Bitmain is quality but really buying a 2 year old miner? Why would you do that?
If you really didn't have money, an s3 would be a great idea as they have decent gh/w ratios and are very.. good. OP has 1k to spend on miners, I would suggest buying a S7 miner and sticking with it until block halving. It's now or never with current generation miners, as soon as halving comes and goes, profits will take a nosedive and these "current" miners we have now won't profit much anymore.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: