Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:41:29 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Vault Coin (Physical Cold Storage) Online Store Now Live  (Read 7426 times)
AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1348

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 05:56:17 AM

Yay, thanks for the contest
And I already receive my coin now Smiley
But I don't really understand how this works.. I read your faq but it's still hard to understand Smiley
So I receive:
1. Coin
2. A sticker, I believe you call this tamper evidence label?
3. Some card..

So, I don't really understand..
First, I create address at bitaddress.org right?
Then after I create it, I print both the address and the secret key?
Then after I print them, I share my address and fold the secret key and put it at the back side of the coin? After I fold it I secure it with the sticker?
Is that it?
Then, how can I withdraw my bitcoin?
What's the function of "void" word when the tamper evidence label pull out?
What's the card that I receive functional for?
Thanks Smiley

I'll wait for OP to confirm, but it seems like all your stages are correct. Once you share your public address, people can send you some BTC. Nobody can access the BTC without the private key that you stick under the tamper evident sticker.
When you want to redeem the wallet, simply peel the sticker and then enter the private key on either a Bitcoin client or online wallet such as blockchain.
If you'd want to reuse the coin again for cold storage, you'd need to follow the steps from the beginning but you may need to buy some more stickers as once it's been peeled the sticker can no longer be stuck on.

The void function shows people that the coin has been redeemed. Once the back is peeled, you can see that either you or someone else peeled the sticker and has accessed the private key.
bigtimespaghetti
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2015, 09:06:08 AM

Nice coin, good work Smiley

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
Physical Coin Making Guide Book and eBook- Make your own physical crypto coins and wallets!
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2015, 10:37:30 AM

I knew there was a topic I forgot to look into....Will make work of it asap Smiley
mycryptovault (OP)

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2015, 10:25:02 PM
Last edit: May 05, 2015, 01:03:21 AM by mycryptovault

Yes your steps are correct.  When you go to bitaddress.org the bitcoin address ("SHARE" in green) is the public address.  You can give that alpha numeric string of letters and numbers, or the QR Code to anyone you wish to receive bitcoin payment from.  The private key ("SECRET" in red) is the key you need to keep secure.  Print that string of letters/numbers out and cut it out.  Fold the paper in half or thirds so that the the print is on the inside of the folds (you dont want the label to stick to the print but it doesnt matter if it sticks to the white part of the paper).  Place that on the back of the coin and place the label over top.  The idea behind the tamper evident "VOID" is just for piece of mind.  If your roommate peeled it off he would not be able to put it back on without you knowing.

You can send as many bitcoins as many times as you want to that public key.  There are many ways to redeem the bitcoins when you are ready too, too many to list here (its pretty easy though).  You would simply remove the label and enter the private key into whatever wallet or app you are using for your bitcoins (a few more steps are required but its different for each app/wallet).

I probably made it more confusing that it really is.

If you are new to bitcoin in general and are in need of a bitcoin wallet, I would google or ask around on this site.  I am probably not the best one to give advice there.  I'm still using the good ol fashioned bitcoin qt wallet, lol.

The cards are just business cards, with QR codes directing to our website =)

"Analogue Security for a Digital World - Cold Storage Solutions for any Crypto-Currency"
www.mycryptovault.net
mycryptovault (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2015, 10:26:50 PM

I knew there was a topic I forgot to look into....Will make work of it asap Smiley

LOL, no worries.  Let me know if you need more info!  Its been hectic for me too.  We were just looking for some more advertising and social media ammo =)

"Analogue Security for a Digital World - Cold Storage Solutions for any Crypto-Currency"
www.mycryptovault.net
davidmancap

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 04:08:13 AM

Thanks very much Cheesy
Looks like security priority here
jdebunt
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2015, 09:14:53 AM

Got an article coming up in a day or so about Vault Coin, will keep you informed Smiley
defcon23
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 01:24:20 PM

looks  like really interesting  !  watched !  Cheesy
mycryptovault (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2015, 12:20:24 PM

Awesome! Look forward to seeing it.  You did a great job on our first one back in our kickstarter days.

www.mycryptovault.net
AT101ET
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 12:22:51 PM

Hey, I'm expecting my package and wanted to know what to look out for.
Where do you guys ship from and what packaging do you use?
Thanks
mycryptovault (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2015, 11:49:10 PM

Should be delivered today according to tracking.  Its in a brown bubble envelope.  Sent you an email =)

www.mycryptovault.net
jdebunt
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2015, 12:31:50 PM

Well as promised, here is the article:

http://digitalmoneytimes.com/crypto-news/vault-coin-a-cheap-cold-storage-solution-for-bitcoin-and-altcoins/

Let me know if I forgot something Smiley
mycryptovault (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2015, 09:38:10 PM

Great article!  You have a writing style that is easy to follow especially in such a confusing arena.  We posted a link to it on our site too.  Thanks so much for that contribution and helping us get the word out.  We appreciate it!

www.mycryptovault.net
AT101ET
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 09:46:14 PM

I was just wondering, why on the customs form is the price of the coin marked at a higher cost than what it sells for on your site?
I was taxed a hefty amount because the postage label said the coin was valued at $25.
On your site the coin sells for $15 (which would be exempt from UK tax had that been marked on the label).
However, since the label read that the coin value was $25, I was taxed for more than the price of buying a new coin... (Roughly $18).

I really don't understand the point of doing that. It's extremely unprofessional to say the least!
mycryptovault (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2015, 10:50:40 PM
Last edit: May 12, 2015, 11:03:36 PM by mycryptovault

I am sorry for that.  When I get busy I have my shipping manager send these from time to time and I don't know what happened. I don't believe he has sent a coin overseas before yours.  I did speak with him before we even went live and we had decided on 2.00 and an HS Code that would not incur customs charges.  Shoot me an email at 3kingsltc @ gmail . com and I will fix this for you!  Once again sorry for the tax, we had originally set this up to avoid this situation.

*edited for spelling

www.mycryptovault.net
jdebunt
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2015, 09:43:26 AM

Great article!  You have a writing style that is easy to follow especially in such a confusing arena.  We posted a link to it on our site too.  Thanks so much for that contribution and helping us get the word out.  We appreciate it!

You're welcome, glad you like it Smiley Hope it brings you a few customers!
mycryptovault (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2015, 11:11:20 PM

Now shipping worldwide.  Its a little more expensive than the specific countries listed because we just took an average from a few far away countries to come up with the cost.  Otherwise we would have to enter every single country individually and that would take forever.  If you have been looking for a while but we didn't have shipping available to your destination, now is your chance!  If we start to see lots of orders coming in from specific countries I will go back in and add that country manually to help bring costs down.  Thanks, and happy ordering!

www.mycryptovault.net
AT101ET
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 05:30:57 AM

I just want to say that an order of mine had a few issues with customs for some reasons. I made CryptoVault aware of the problem and they were very professional and patient and helped sort it out. Many Thanks! Smiley
mycryptovault (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2015, 11:36:26 PM

Gauging interest on two new versions of our coin.  They would be an ultra limited release.  We need to know if it is going to be worth it to give these a try:

1: 24k Gold Plated
2: Solid .999 Fine Silver .5oz

What are your thoughts opinions? 

www.mycryptovault.net
bithalo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1017

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 01:50:51 AM

Gauging interest on two new versions of our coin.  They would be an ultra limited release.  We need to know if it is going to be worth it to give these a try:

1: 24k Gold Plated
2: Solid .999 Fine Silver .5oz

What are your thoughts opinions?  

Depending on price, I'd be in for both.   How limited are you thinking? 

Co-author to the Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins.  More details can be found at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2767515.0
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: