Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:21:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Fair Price of Bitcoin: $518?  (Read 4605 times)
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 03:45:25 PM

The thought of the price of Bitcoin being stable is a sad one. I don't know a thing about this model, but life doesn't tend to be fair.
I'd like the price to be stable for a longer while and i'm sure all business owners would appreciate it.

Of course they would prefer it, all currency at the start of it's life is going to be extremely volatile though just take a look at the past and you will see, the thing is it will stabilize in time maybe when we have enough user adoption but there will always be those that manipulate the price unfortunately. Is manipulation the reason why the price is said to be low? I am not sure i very much doubt it is low to be honest the market is a free market and will give the price it thinks is fair not someone writing an article.    

Exactly, just writing down opinions in articles isnt going to make bitcoin more valuable, but the content of recent articles is kind of a public opinion right now.
It indeed is a free market, and with its grow the possible manipulations will also eventualy stop.
Enjoy the ride while it lasts, there is momentum in bitcoin price now, and its going to need some good reason to stop now.

cheers
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Btcvilla

Activity: 1078
Merit: 270

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 03:46:49 PM
Last edit: March 04, 2015, 03:59:58 PM by Btcvilla

Its hard to give a stable price to bitcoin. Sometimes I used to think 100$ would be it. But hard to put a price on it.
A stable price of $5000 would be great to, but we should try to focus on a realstic price, like $350-$550.
$5000 stable price is just a sweet dream and I don't think the price will go there but I hope the price become stable at around $500
You heard him China, wake up guys, get us to $500 by Monday Morning! /s But I think most of us can agree that $500 is a good price to be stabled at.
opossum

Activity: 924

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 03:56:12 PM

The thought of the price of Bitcoin being stable is a sad one. I don't know a thing about this model, but life doesn't tend to be fair.
I'd like the price to be stable for a longer while and i'm sure all business owners would appreciate it.

Of course they would prefer it, all currency at the start of it's life is going to be extremely volatile though just take a look at the past and you will see, the thing is it will stabilize in time maybe when we have enough user adoption but there will always be those that manipulate the price unfortunately. Is manipulation the reason why the price is said to be low? I am not sure i very much doubt it is low to be honest the market is a free market and will give the price it thinks is fair not someone writing an article.    

Exactly, just writing down opinions in articles isnt going to make bitcoin more valuable, but the content of recent articles is kind of a public opinion right now.
It indeed is a free market, and with its grow the possible manipulations will also eventualy stop.
Enjoy the ride while it lasts, there is momentum in bitcoin price now, and its going to need some good reason to stop now.

cheers

Agreed although i am one of the guys who dumped half of my holdings at 287 and a little lower Smiley

Well that is all that matters that the articles are close to public opinion as it is where the price is made, to be honest i have seen a lot recently that it should be around the $500! Does this mean people will keep buying at $500 or is this where they would like it to be because 2 different things but i hope it is where people keep buying.

That is something to look forward to i guess but i enjoy the games of the manipulators if i am honest with myself i think it keeps you on your toes and it can also help you increase your stash, like you say enjoy it while it lasts! I do i do lol

If this auction does not slow it down then i agree will need a good reason to slow it down.

▄▄█████████▄▄
      ▄█████████████████▄
   ▄████▀            ▀████▄
  █████                █████▄
 ███████████████████████████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████        ██████        ████
 ████▄      ██████      ▄████
  ▀████     ██████    ▄████▀
    ▀████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████▀
      ▀▀██████████████▀▀
TIDEX

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 03:58:06 PM

Its hard to give a stable price to bitcoin. Sometimes I used to think 100$ would be it. But hard to put a price on it.
A stable price of $5000 would be great to, but we should try to focus on a realstic price, like $350-$550.
$5000 stable price is just a sweet dream and I don't think the price will go there but I hope the price become stable at around $500
You heard him China, wake up guys, get us to $500 by Monday Morning! /s But I think we can all agree that $500 is a good price to be stabled at.

You speak for everyone?

Well I don't agree.

Btcvilla

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 03:59:19 PM

You heard him China, wake up guys, get us to $500 by Monday Morning! /s But I think we can all agree that $500 is a good price to be stabled at.

You speak for everyone?

Well I don't agree.
What is a price you would like to realistically see? But I will correct it to most.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 04:02:26 PM

You speak for everyone?

Well I don't agree.
What is a price you would like to realistically see? But I will correct it to most.

within 5 years i would like to see $10,000.

Btcvilla

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 04:03:45 PM

You speak for everyone?

Well I don't agree.

I said realistically.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2015, 04:03:52 PM

@ Btcvilla

2012 it was at five dollars. only 3 years later at $1200. so what is unrealistic Cheesy ?

MegaHustlr

Activity: 601
Merit: 500

Vote 4fryn :)

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 04:40:37 PM

It might surely be Underpriced , People are realzing that slowly , just watch it grow.
*Munches some popcorn Wink

▄  ▀▄▄   ▀▄▄ ▀▄ ▀▄
             ▀█▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████ ▄
         ▀████▀▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀███▄
 ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▀      ██▀▀     ▄██▀▀▀   █     ██
██    ▀█  ▄█▀▀▀▄  ▀█   ▄█▀   ▄▄▄ ▀██  █▀▀▄▀▄

▀▀▀   ▐█ █▌    ▐▌  █  ▐█ ▄█▀▀   █ █  ▄▀ ▄█ ▌
      ▐▌ ▀█ ▄▀▄█  █▀  █  █      ▐▌ █▀ █    ▀▄
      █     ▄█▀  ▀▀▀▀▄█  ▀█▄▄▀ ▄▀  █▄ █  ██ ▐▌
     █   ▄███▄▄███▄▄▄▄       ▄█▄▄▄▄ █▄    ▀  █ ▄
   ▄█▀▀▀▀     █▀      █   ▄█▀▀███    ▀▀▄▄   ▄██
  ▐█         ▐▌       ▐▌▄▀     ██        ▀███ ▐█
  █           ▀▄      ▐█▀       ▀█           ▀▀
  █▄           ██     ██         ██▄
   █▀            ▀     ▀          ▀█▀

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▄████████
    █████▀▀▀▀
   ▐████
   ▐████
████████████
████████████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████

▄██▄▄                ▄▄██▄
  ████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
▄████████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████████▌
█████▀                  ▀█████▌
████    ███▄      ▄███    ████▌
████   ▐████      ████▌   ████
 ███    ▀██▀      ▀██▀    ███▀
  ▀██▄                  ▄██▀
    ▀▀██████████████████▀▀

▄██▄
     ▄      ▐████   ▄▄
   █████     ██████████
    █████████████████▀
 ▄████████████▀████▌
██████████     ▀████    
 ▀▀   █████     ██████████
      ▀████▌▄████████████▀
    ▄▄▄███████████████▌
   ██████████▀    ▐████
    ▀▀▀  ████▌     ▀▀▀
         ▀███▀
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 04:48:10 PM

I don't quite understand how people think that Bitcoin is worth more than what you can buy it for at any given time.  I just think of say like a gas station, if they said, well actually the gas price is 3 dollars more than what is posted outside, we are going off speculation here, how many people would actually pay that?  They wouldn't, they would go to the next gas station forcing that gas station to lower its price.  Just like Bitcoins.  No one is going to buy for that much when they can buy for half the cost of it.  Thus the speculation will have to change.

You sir "get it". If you can't sell a bitcoin for $518 then it is not worth $518. Unless someone wants to prove me wrong and buy bitcoins from me at $518? I'll do up to a few hundred BTC if your interested?

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Realpra

Activity: 815

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 04:51:10 PM

Is it just me, or did this "Fair Price" calculation use the Labor theory of value? That's the discredited Marxist notion that the value of an item is based on the amount of work to produce it. For example, if we could somehow assign my labor a value of $10/hour, and I spent 100 hours hacking at a hunk of rock with a chisel, the resulting sculpture would be supposedly valued at $1000 - even if it was an unrecognizable mess (which is what I would expect).

Assigning value to bitcoin based on the costs involving in mining it is going at it backwards, IMHO.
Exactly right, its pretty stupid.

It's widely agreed that Bitcoin's value is utility and speculation based.

Cheap and sexy Bitcoin card/hardware wallet, buy here:
http://BlochsTech.com
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 05:01:56 PM

@ Btcvilla

2012 it was at five dollars. only 3 years later at $1200. so what is unrealistic Cheesy ?
Accurate statement.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a jump to $10,000 if there's an event on the same scale of the 2013 jump.

However, if you're asking me to chose a 3-figure number, $680.19. We've got to be honest, Bitcoin is worth far more than any slip of paper (or plastic) that you get from the gov't, but you have to think about how the masses would be able to use Bitcoin as well. If they're going to be converting their fiat away from... Well... Fiat, we can't have an astronomical barrier of entry.
Kazimir
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 05:16:19 PM

Considering Bitcoin's possibilities, potential, advantages, and huge space for improvement and market growth and new businesses, I'd say $518 is ridiculously low. I'd be happy to buy bitcoins for $5000 a piece or more, if it were not for the fact that (fortunately, for me) I can currently get them even cheaper!

As other people have said before: the order of magnitude of the current price really makes no sense in the long term. Bitcoin's value is most certainly NOT between $10 and $1000. It's either zero, or much higher.

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Insert coin(s): 1KazimirL9MNcnFnoosGrEkmMsbYLxPPob
mlferro

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 05:28:55 PM

You speak for everyone?

Well I don't agree.

I said realistically.
certainly at the moment one stable price would be between 450$ and 550$.
But I have no doubt that in the coming years we will be hitting the home of the 1000$.

jh0w4n1z

Activity: 340

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 05:34:15 PM

350$ is really fine price i used to love it when it was this but Should be stable only
rikkie

Activity: 574

Richard Coleman - Chief Executive @ CloudThink.IO

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2015, 05:38:20 PM

It should be nice that BTC could reach that price at the end of the year.
And than hoping for a further higher price the next years.
Everything is possible.
Btcvilla

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 05:38:55 PM

You speak for everyone?

Well I don't agree.

I said realistically.
certainly at the moment one stable price would be between 450$ and 550$.
But I have no doubt that in the coming years we will be hitting the home of the 1000$.

5 years for $1000, 15 years for $2500. Bitcoin had its huge growth, its not gonna go up 49900% again.
jbrnt

Activity: 672

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 05:45:27 PM

Cost of production sets the expected selling price of an individual may be. The market price is set by spply and demand. There is low demand now and supply is huge. That is why we get a low market price now.
elephantas1

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 05:47:38 PM

pfff i would be happy if it comes back to 300 dollars im not even thinking about 500
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 05:55:40 PM

I'd like the bitcoin ecosystem to develop to the point where it stands ready to take the place of fiat currencies, if and when the managers of fiat currency run them into the ground through mismanagement and deficit spending. It would (will?) be cataclysmic watching the US Dollar and other major currencies go thru a hyperinflationary spiral, but that's really what I expect at some point (granted, the Euro will probably go first).

I keep wondering who on earth imagines that the US Government will be able to repay them on their 30 year T-bills with dollars worth more than the initial investment today? It doesn't make any sense. That's why the Fed has had to step in and buy government debt on a large scale since 2008. The whole system is a dead corpse being kept "alive" with a mess of financial IV tubes and respirators, but at some point even that farce will wear out, and the toolbox is looking pretty empty for further "fixes."

So what is the value of bitcoins as a hedge against currency collapse? If the Euro goes down and the fallout triggers the collapse of the Yen and USD (all facing the same debt situation), who is going to be stupid enough to trust some alternative fiat if bitcoin stands ready to take its place? It would be a lot of work to convert things like equities markets over to being denominated in bitcoin and so forth, but things can happen quickly in a real crisis, if the foundation is laid. And it's being laid every day now.

Think of it this way. Considering America alone, there are <330,000,000 Americans and only ~14 million bitcoin at the moment. So ignoring altcoin possibilities for the moment, each bitcoin would grow to encompass the savings and income of over 20 people. This is why people talk about bitcoin being potentially worth a $1 million each or similar figures. It all comes down to whether a scenario like this plays out. But if there was even a 1% chance of it playing out, that would lead one to reasonably conclude that buying  a few bitcoins at today's prices is a prudent step.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: