Print  
Author Topic: CLOSED  (Read 1414 times)
Cascaders28 (OP)

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 05:43:57 PM
Last edit: March 15, 2015, 05:05:56 PM by Cascaders28

**CLEANING UP AND CLOSING DOWN** Due to a complete and total lack of interest lol. Thanks folks

I'll start with the obvious bit since I've been away for awhile. This account still belongs to me and me alone and this is a legitimate posting. I realize simply typing that doesn't count for much but I'm absolutely willing to handle this sale through escrow and ensure the legitimate nature of this listing.

With that out of the way this is primarily to gauge interest, but if people want I can certainly post pictures including my name and the date, etc.

I have an HP ProBook 4440s laptop that I've done considerable modification to and turned into a Hackintosh. The specs are as follows

Intel Core i5 3210m
8GB DDR3 Memory
256 GB SSD
CD/DVD Burner
1600x900 Screen (which took some real hacking over the standard 1366x768 screen)
Running OSX 10.9.5 Mavericks

This is a pretty nice little laptop and the hardware upgrades I've done have made it pretty powerful. I did some tinkering with CS6 and it was very responsive. I built it to help myself learn the Mac OS and I'm just ready to move on and find another project.

It is important to note that this system is a Hackintosh and will not behave exactly the way a true Apple Laptop would. Some of the keyboard combinations won't work the way you would expect them to and the touchpad gestures are not all there. However for a fraction of the cost you can get some pretty potent hardware and enjoy using the Mac OS if you're into that sort of thing.

I'm looking for offers around 1.8BTC which I realize may be a bit aggressive, but there is a lot of hardware here and 14" laptops don't typically come with the higher resolution screen. In the event that someone is interested but would prefer a Microsoft OS I could load Windows 7 x64 Pro instead.

Thanks!
Cascaders28 (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 06:01:02 PM

I figured I'll give this a bump. If anyone is holding out for pictures or more information please just let me know! It's a unique little system but like I said I've had my fun with it and I'm ready to move on.

I'll also mention that I'm US based and would prefer to ship it within the country but I imagine we could work something out for an international buyer.

Thanks!
Just Magicmann

Activity: 377
Merit: 250

https://keybase.io/magicmann

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2015, 11:48:06 PM

Pictures would be fantastic.

Don't deal with me until I verify with Keybase.io.
Cascaders28 (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 05:54:36 PM
Last edit: March 15, 2015, 05:05:08 PM by Cascaders28

Here are some photos. I forgot to mention that I will be including the battery and the power cord.

There is a scratch on the back of the lid but it's light and I didn't get a picture of it. This isn't terribly noticeable, but the inside of the hinge covers on the screen bezel were removed in frustration while getting the bezel back on. It isn't obvious, but the hinge covers aren't perfect is the short version.
armedmilitia

Activity: 562
Merit: 506

We're going to need a bigger heatsink.

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2015, 08:47:49 PM

What does the other side of the lid look like?

Always use escrow. OgNasty is pretty sweet.

Help me out with compiling a list of mining datacenters!
Cascaders28 (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 11:38:02 PM

I'm sorry I'm already at home and I left the laptop at work since that is where I've been tinkering with it. The lid of the laptop looks just like any normal HP 4440s, but as mentioned there is a very light scratch on it. I can certainly take another picture of that specifically on Monday for you if you'd like.
Cascaders28 (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 01:16:08 PM
Last edit: March 15, 2015, 05:05:14 PM by Cascaders28

Last shot at this before I take it elsewhere. Here are pictures of the lid with the scratch visible in the second photo. I took these on Monday (hence the date) but haven't had a chance to upload them until now.

Thanks!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: