Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 12:12:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] bitcointalk full member account  (Read 2081 times)
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 2339

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 01:40:01 AM

If you cannot sign a message for any reason then there is going to be a risk to the buyer that the account is hacked.

Sorry to butt into this thread, but can someone explain how signing the message from the account would verify that OP was the original owner? Is there anything stopping him from changing the bitcoin address on the account to his address, and then signing from that, if the account was hacked? (not accusing you of anything OP, just curious on how this proves the original account owner)
It does not prove that the seller is the original owner, but it does generally prove that the account is not hacked, or at least not hacked since the address was posted.

Say for example that an account posts a specific address on Jan 1 2015, and the post is never edited. It would be reasonable to believe that the owner of the account controlled the private keys to that address when the address was posted. Therefore as long as the post is not edited you can reasonably say that the account has not been hacked since Jan 1 if they can sign a message from that address. With a lot of time passing and a lot of posts being made since such post had been made, then it would be reasonable to say that the account was not hacked.

It would be possible for the account to have been sold by then as the seller could include the private keys with the account when it is sold, but buying a sold account really is not a big deal (as long as it is not hacked)
guitarplinker
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2015, 01:44:24 AM

If you cannot sign a message for any reason then there is going to be a risk to the buyer that the account is hacked.

Sorry to butt into this thread, but can someone explain how signing the message from the account would verify that OP was the original owner? Is there anything stopping him from changing the bitcoin address on the account to his address, and then signing from that, if the account was hacked? (not accusing you of anything OP, just curious on how this proves the original account owner)
It does not prove that the seller is the original owner, but it does generally prove that the account is not hacked, or at least not hacked since the address was posted.

Say for example that an account posts a specific address on Jan 1 2015, and the post is never edited. It would be reasonable to believe that the owner of the account controlled the private keys to that address when the address was posted. Therefore as long as the post is not edited you can reasonably say that the account has not been hacked since Jan 1 if they can sign a message from that address. With a lot of time passing and a lot of posts being made since such post had been made, then it would be reasonable to say that the account was not hacked.

It would be possible for the account to have been sold by then as the seller could include the private keys with the account when it is sold, but buying a sold account really is not a big deal (as long as it is not hacked)
Ah ok that makes more sense then. I thought you guys were referring to the address on the user's profile. (ex. the address on record for my profile is 16MxMGxEvJeTdzajMS74QLHgi8NZD3opbm) Had me wondering because I figured there wasn't any way to see when that address had been set and such. Thanks for filling me in!
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 01:51:55 AM

Ah ok that makes more sense then. I thought you guys were referring to the address on the user's profile. (ex. the address on record for my profile is 16MxMGxEvJeTdzajMS74QLHgi8NZD3opbm) Had me wondering because I figured there wasn't any way to see when that address had been set and such. Thanks for filling me in!
No you should never accept a signed message from an address filled in the BTC address field in your profile. Many people will offer that and that is not sufficient proof as you can change/modify that without any kind of public record.
Brimskie

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 02:22:29 AM

No you should never accept a signed message from an address filled in the BTC address field in your profile. Many people will offer that and that is not sufficient proof as you can change/modify that without any kind of public record.

then what IF the case is account sold? if the new owner cant verify the old address linked to that account meaning the account is hacked?
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 02:25:02 AM

then what IF the case is account sold? if the new owner cant verify the old address linked to that account meaning the account is hacked?
The new owner can provide the previously provided signed message along with a second signed message confirming ownership of the account that was used to purchase the account, or could provide a signed message from a more recent address.
wealthy$

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 02:48:20 AM

If you can prove that isn't hacked by signing a messege and  using any trusted escrow to hold the account before Ill pay you my offer will be 0.17. Let me know if accept by here. Won't talk about this over PM. Thanks.

austinsimonson (OP)

Activity: 140

http://pastebin.com/YXriDWW2

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2015, 04:46:28 AM

If you can prove that isn't hacked by signing a messege and  using any trusted escrow to hold the account before Ill pay you my offer will be 0.17. Let me know if accept by here. Won't talk about this over PM. Thanks.
Accept your offer.
Devthedev escrow ?
And I should sign in address that posted in my account right ?

Cloudminr.io full original database: http://pastebin.com/YXriDWW2
80.000 accounts   SEND 0.5BTC to: 1GgxS8kWKNsyNxbSGjqBMLng9M8Br2qK1U
arnab

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 04:55:11 AM

is the account sold or u r still selling it.if yes then pm me
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 04:55:39 AM

If you can prove that isn't hacked by signing a messege and  using any trusted escrow to hold the account before Ill pay you my offer will be 0.17. Let me know if accept by here. Won't talk about this over PM. Thanks.
Accept your offer.
Devthedev escrow ?
And I should sign in address that posted in my account right ?
You should sign a message with an address that was posted several months ago if possible. The farther in the past the address was posted the better. The address in the profile does not have any permanent association with the account and should mean nothing when it comes to proving ownership
austinsimonson (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2015, 05:16:36 AM

is the account sold or u r still selling it.if yes then pm me
PM sent
Thanks Quickseller

austinsimonson (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2015, 03:22:09 PM

Sent you PM and posted in this thread
Hope you reply soon

austinsimonson (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 08:55:42 AM

bump

chronicsky
Legendary

Activity: 2800
Merit: 1222

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 09:03:59 AM

bump

Check PM
austinsimonson (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 03:16:19 PM

PM sent

Berau

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 10:38:40 PM

It has light green trust?

What is the trust score?
austinsimonson (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2015, 04:20:51 AM

What is the trust score?
Posted on previous page u can check

Berau

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 04:23:15 AM

What is the trust score?

You didn't post the trust score. You only said light green trust.
chronicsky
Legendary

Activity: 2800
Merit: 1222

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2015, 04:26:33 AM

What is the trust score?

@Berau , i see you posting on most of the auction/selling , all over the market place .
You enquired about my BCT acount sale and thus i have PM'ed you , though you are online but you don't seem to be replying .
Instead you're spamming everywhere , just for you info , be careful with spamming , people are getting Banned.
~Regards Sky

Also , The account he is selling doesn't have Green trust on DefaultTrust Depth 2 but on 4
Just letting you guys know , to avoid the hassle i went through
Berau

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 04:56:09 AM

What is the trust score?

@Berau , i see you posting on most of the auction/selling , all over the market place .
You enquired about my BCT acount sale and thus i have PM'ed you , though you are online but you don't seem to be replying .
Instead you're spamming everywhere , just for you info , be careful with spamming , people are getting Banned.
~Regards Sky

Also , The account he is selling doesn't have Green trust on DefaultTrust Depth 2 but on 4
Just letting you guys know , to avoid the hassle i went through

I don't think I'm spamming. I found a seller already.

Also about the pm, I was just on mobile and it's hard to type on it. Will reply to you after I get home.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 06:10:26 AM

I would like to add that according to a PM that I received from the OP that the trust is only positive when the trust depth is set to '4', however when it is set to '2' (the default) the trust rating is 0/0/0/0
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: