Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 07:04:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bryce Weiner attempted to tip ISIS!?  (Read 6549 times)
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 03:58:19 AM

http://www.coindesk.com/changetip-user-banned-isis/

Not sure what to make of this.
I understand the point he was making (see coin desk article) but think that what he did or attempted to do does not justify it.
BTC has a mixed picture in the outside world. This only portrays it worse not to mention the effect that supporting terrorists can have!

What do you think?

I think he didnt attempt, he did sent them so btc.
http://bitforum.info/t/fbi-arrested-teenager-for-assisting-isis-recruitment/383/1

All that makes me think about is how much financial waste exists in the government. How many people are required to monitor, research and act on every little thing that happens on the Internet. It probably violates the privacy of fewer citizens and costs less to just let one of these groups blow up a building and pay every victim and survivor family $100 million each. Sometimes the decisions of the U.S. government seem almost sophomoric to me.

shogdite

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

LIR Dev. www.letitride.io

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 12:25:04 PM

Send him to GITMO or else execution for treason. His choice.

So wait. You're suggesting he should be either tortured or murdered for sending $1 to someone?  That sounds like a completely rational and reasonable response. 

You know, ISIS would probably approve of your methods and disregard for free speech.  Roll Eyes

I think (hope) he was being sarcastic.

Surprized there hasn't been a Jihad coin made yet, good diversion to take some of the heat off bitcoin Wink

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
calci

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 12:32:31 PM

In todays news we had , FBI Arrest a Teenager For Assisting ISIS Recruitment, who was somewhat related to Crypto
http://bitforum.info/t/fbi-arrested-teenager-for-assisting-isis-recruitment/383
cassius69

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 03:35:40 PM

bryce weiner is certainly an interesting hillbilly.  Grin

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 03:46:37 PM

The law is quite clear on this. He could face years in prison for providing material support to a terror group. Since we are currently fighting them he may also face treason charges. The amount is not the issue, giving even a penny to dasch COULD result in a death sentence.

I think he knew that. It was his choice and now he will pay a huge, life changing price. If he was making some kind of political statement then he should do his time. If he is going to whine about how unfair the government is for punishing him because he is aiding our enemy... well, That little boy has a lot to learn about running with the big boys. They will teach him in prison. Or he can always go to the glorious Islamic State. That would also be educational.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 04:00:22 PM

The law is quite clear on this. He could face years in prison for providing material support to a terror group. Since we are currently fighting them he may also face treason charges. The amount is not the issue, giving even a penny to dasch COULD result in a death sentence.

I think he knew that. It was his choice and now he will pay a huge, life changing price. If he was making some kind of political statement then he should do his time. If he is going to whine about how unfair the government is for punishing him because he is aiding our enemy... well, That little boy has a lot to learn about running with the big boys. They will teach him in prison. Or he can always go to the glorious Islamic State. That would also be educational.

The G20 member nations should just nuke these damn heathen countries and turn all that sand into a giant glass parking lot for a mega Walmart. They could split the profit. LOL

Seriously though, doesn't it seem a little silly for a great and powerful nation to run in fear of a 17 year old child? Are we that fragile? Should I be packin heat every time I visit the grocery store? lol

RodeoX
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 04:13:06 PM

Seriously though, doesn't it seem a little silly for a great and powerful nation to run in fear of a 17 year old child? Are we that fragile? Should I be packin heat every time I visit the grocery store? lol
I have worked training troops and a 17yo. is the scariest solider you will ever face on the battlefield. That is the prime age for a fighter to enter the fight. They are young enough to be excelent learners in good physical shape, and inexperienced enough to not recognize the danger of fighting. it's hard to know what a 17yo. is going to do next in a battle. They can't be counted on to play it safe. They might just foolishly attack and die, but kill you in the process.
There are thousands of kids like this currently fighting in Syria, Iraq, Mali, Nigeria, Sudan, etc...

AT101ET (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1348

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 04:15:51 PM

I have worked training troops and a 17yo. is the scariest solider you will ever face on the battlefield. That is the prime age for a fighter to enter the fight. They are young enough to be excelent learners in good physical shape, and inexperienced enough to not recognize the danger of fighting. it's hard to know what a 17yo. is going to do next in a battle. They can't be counted on to play it safe. They might just foolishly attack and die, but kill you in the process.
There are thousands of kids like this currently fighting in Syria, Iraq, Mali, Nigeria, Sudan, etc...

I regard age as a minor factor. Yes you can't hold kids responsible for all their actions, however someone who has the capacity to know what they're doing and is in full control of their actions should be held responsible for whatever it is they have done.
This guy deserves whatever punishment he gets. He'll probably get off lightly but I believe he should be treated just like a 30 year old would be in the same situation.
applesRyummy

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 04:22:18 PM

The G20 member nations should just nuke these damn heathen countries and turn all that sand into a giant glass parking lot for a mega Walmart. They could split the profit. LOL
There are too many innocent people in countries occupied by ISIS for this to make sense. The collateral damage would make up 99%+ of the dead.
The point is that we do not want terrorist orgs getting any financial support whatsoever. They are already targeting a lot of young people to fight for them
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 04:56:07 PM

This guy is an idiot. You can't be ambiguous ironical or anything with this, you fuck up by trying to being a smartass by not directly condemning the ISIS rats.
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1353

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 05:02:56 PM

Though tipping a small amount will not hurt significantly, the point is somewhere inside your brain, you're supporting terrorist. $1 costed him legal actions and disgust from the public. Not worth it.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 05:11:34 PM

Well, I guess I should be packin heat then. Come to think of it, some of those grocery bag boys are pretty creepy lookin. I can see this little bastard chopping someones head off and storing it in his grandmothers freezer.

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 05:35:43 PM

There are too many innocent people in countries occupied by ISIS for this to make sense. The collateral damage would make up 99%+ of the dead.

Um, yeah. I don't think there's anyone that doesn't know that was a pointed joke aimed at our militaristic country. But you're scary though.

The point is that we do not want terrorist orgs getting any financial support whatsoever. They are already targeting a lot of young people to fight for them

I guess just stopping the aggression and constant manipulation of countries where we don't belong is a stupid idea. You know how I kept crazy bullies from beating me up when I was a child? I had no contact with them and avoided messing in their affairs.

RodeoX
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 05:42:34 PM

How dangerous could she be? She's just a little girl?

SPOILER ALERT:
She is damn dangerous!

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 05:55:14 PM

SPOILER ALERT:
She is damn dangerous!

But what fuels her hate?

dsly

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 06:05:08 PM

Though tipping a small amount will not hurt significantly, the point is somewhere inside your brain, you're supporting terrorist. $1 costed him legal actions and disgust from the public. Not worth it.

I doubt it costed him any legal actions. It only costed him public disgust. But yeah was definitely not worth it, even as a joke.

RodeoX
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 08:00:24 PM

SPOILER ALERT:
She is damn dangerous!

But what fuels her hate?
I fear that it is love that drives her. A love of killing.  Cheesy

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 08:56:43 PM

SPOILER ALERT:
She is damn dangerous!

But what fuels her hate?

Yeah, ok. She popped out of her mothers womb with an assault rifle and fatigues. Governments fuel hate and no government is better at it than murrica. No country in the world has more armed citizens than the murrican crazy land.

J. J. Phillips

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Islam and Nazism are belief systems, not races.

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 09:16:03 PM

SPOILER ALERT:
She is damn dangerous!

But what fuels her hate?

Yeah, ok. She popped out of her mothers womb with an assault rifle and fatigues. Governments fuel hate and no government is better at it than murrica. No country in the world has more armed citizens than the murrican crazy land.

Just in case anyone missed it, QuestionAuthority switched from arguing that 17-year olds aren't dangerous enough to worry about (they're just nice young buys working at the grocery store!) to arguing that child soldiers exist but are only dangerous because of 'murrica. Maybe a better handle for QuestionAuthority would be QuestionBasicLogic.

If Israel is destroyed, I will devote the rest of my life to the extermination of the human species. Any species that goes down this road again less than 100 years after the holocaust needs to be fucking wiped out.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Affair_of_the_Gang_of_Barbarians
Ilan Halimi: tortured and murdered in France by barbarian Jew haters who'd be very comfortable here at bitcointalk.
J. J. Phillips

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Islam and Nazism are belief systems, not races.

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 09:18:56 PM

SPOILER ALERT:
She is damn dangerous!

But what fuels her hate?

Just in case anyone missed it, QuestionAuthority switched from arguing that 17-year olds aren't dangerous enough to worry about (they're just nice young buys working at the grocery store!) to arguing that child soldiers exist but are only dangerous because of 'murrica. Maybe a better handle for QuestionAuthority would be QuestionBasicLogic.

QuestionBasicLogic also switched from referring to the U.S. as a "great and powerful nation" to "murrican crazy land." Or maybe he's just misspelling "Moroccan."

If Israel is destroyed, I will devote the rest of my life to the extermination of the human species. Any species that goes down this road again less than 100 years after the holocaust needs to be fucking wiped out.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Affair_of_the_Gang_of_Barbarians
Ilan Halimi: tortured and murdered in France by barbarian Jew haters who'd be very comfortable here at bitcointalk.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: