Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:28:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Any mod willing to help me ?  (Read 1450 times)
HelpMePls (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 10:54:29 AM

Hello, I just login using my computer and got this message. Any mod can help me explain what did I do wrong? If the problem come from me, I will ask for apology and will wait for the 14 days but I don't get it what is wrong.

14 days is very long as that my only account and I use it to join campaign signature and that money really help me in my real life

http://i.gyazo.com/f7217cf6a93e744492886a411e1f9918.png

Thanks for give me some of your time read this thread
Gisado

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Yoohoo

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 11:00:09 AM

You have to move this to meta first. Any posts outside meta will be considered ban evasion.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 11:02:47 AM

However what is your nickname? Maybe "we can determine" if you are a spammer or not , I'm sure you were enrolled in a signature campaign.
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2015, 11:06:49 AM

However what is your nickname? Maybe "we can determine" if you are a spammer or not ,

Yes, please give username if banned account.

I'm sure you were enrolled in a signature campaign.

It is a usual thing but sometimes signature containing ref links or other links maybe misinterpreted as paid sig but it is also advertising. So I think accounts having such sigs would also be banned for 'Insubstantial posts+sig ad'.

-MZ

The Degentleman

Activity: 20

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 11:07:27 AM

Hello, I just login using my computer and got this message. Any mod can help me explain what did I do wrong? If the problem come from me, I will ask for apology and will wait for the 14 days but I don't get it what is wrong.

14 days is very long as that my only account and I use it to join campaign signature and that money really help me in my real life

http://i.gyazo.com/f7217cf6a93e744492886a411e1f9918.png

Seems like you got served a ban for some reason.. Instead of playing victim here can you tell us what you were doing?
redsn0w
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 11:10:23 AM

Seems like you got served a ban for some reason.. Instead of playing victim here can you tell us what you were doing?

The reason is wrote " insubstantial posts + sig ad" , it is surely a question of spam.
HelpMePls (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 11:12:42 AM

On the photo you can see my username fildza. I just active here and if I not mistaken I not do any short, spam post which not relevant to the topic
abacus

Activity: 618
Merit: 500

a clockwork miner

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 11:13:41 AM

However what is your nickname? Maybe "we can determine" if you are a spammer or not ,

Come on, guys, isn't his username big enough?  Tongue Tongue Tongue

EDIT: about one minute too late...
redsn0w
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 11:15:38 AM

Come on, guys, isn't his username big enough?  Tongue Tongue Tongue

Oh you are right , this is his forum account : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=136986

I didn't read the username .
dbshck
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 2440
Merit: 1616

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 11:20:07 AM

Any mod can help me explain what did I do wrong? If the problem come from me, I will ask for apology and will wait for the 14 days but I don't get it what is wrong.

You were making 45 posts in 2 days (4-5 March), almost each post only consist of one line comment. I guess it's clear why you got banned.

Another user, Madness, which made 58 posts on 4th March also got banned today. Even though I think Madness's post is constructive, but somehow mods decided to ban him for 14 days.

Everything is subjective, sometimes 100 meh quality posts spammed in a 1 day time frame catches a moderator/admin's attention more than 10 poor quality posts. There aren't post limits, however it goes without saying that at a certain point its hard to maintain post quality. People aren't banned on a whim, time is spent investigating especially in these situations where it isn't copy and paste/quote/smiley face/ +1 spam. Sometimes people spam meh - ok quality posts, but when you read the threads they are posting in, their posts aren't completely related or they are just reiterating prior posts to get the post count up or they are posting in threads that have already drawn a conclusion, and they are just reiterating points. People that post very frequently especially those with paid advertising signatures catch more attention sometimes than small spammers. Trust has no impact on bans or ban duration, while admittedly account age/status does minimally if I'm being honest. No one has a free ticket to spam, but a newbie with 5 of 10 of their post count being low quality are more likely to get a severe ban, than a member who has been active and posting high quality posts for a while, and slips up and spams a bit.

As I said, there are no rules on post count, you can post every 10 seconds if you wish, but the chances of your posts being quality decrease when you impose quotas.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
HelpMePls (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 11:20:47 AM

Seems not only me got it but madness and izanagi also got banned for active post
redsn0w
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 11:30:35 AM

You were making 45 posts in 2 days (4-5 March), almost each post only consist of one line comment. I guess it's clear why you got banned.

Another user, Madness, which made 58 posts on 4th March also got banned today. Even though I think Madness's post is constructive, but somehow mods decided to ban him for 14 days.

I do not think it is the question of the 58 post in one day, if you "surf" in his latest post you will see he (Madness) also made 80 posts in one day. The problem (I think)  is the content of these posts.

Maybe it is better to wait a reply from an admin.
Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2015, 11:32:18 AM

Some of Madness' posts are replies to other posts which isn't really on-topic.

-MZ

dbshck
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 2440
Merit: 1616

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 11:39:21 AM

I do not think it is the question of the 58 post in one day, if you "surf" in his latest post you will see he also make 80 posts in one day. The problem (I think) it is the content of these posts.

Agreed, the main reason is the content itself. Like SaltySpitoon said, few low quality post is okay, but a lot like 50 low quality post in a day will surely caught mods/admin attention and will make them review your post history.

IMO, SaltySpitoon response in Madness's thread has explained a lot about this matter.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2015, 11:54:46 AM

I make around 10 posts daily but I think I should now reduce it to 5 else I'll get banned for 2 weeks  Roll Eyes

Sorry but I don't feel it's a valid reason as it's better to ban the people who sell illegal goods or scam people of their money as they all seem having their accounts intact here.

Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2015, 12:29:42 PM

I make around 10 posts daily but I think I should now reduce it to 5 else I'll get banned for 2 weeks  Roll Eyes

Keep the quality of your posts normal and only make on-topic posts. You will be safe. redsn0w is a good example fo this.

Sorry but I don't feel it's a valid reason as it's better to ban the people who sell illegal goods or scam people of their money as they all seem having their accounts intact here.

Like hilariousandco asked, would you mind them coming with a new account? If we don't ban them, they will likely continue their scam in that account and will prevent some users from getting scammed but if we bane them, they will come with a new clean account and may scam a few people.

-MZ

erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2015, 12:35:46 PM

Keep the quality of your posts normal and only make on-topic posts. You will be safe. redsn0w is a good example fo this.

Like hilariousandco asked, would you mind them coming with a new account? If we don't ban them, they will likely continue their scam in that account and will prevent some users from getting scammed but if we bane them, they will come with a new clean account and may scam a few people.

-MZ

Ok Thanks for the reply. I post replies (if any) received in my thread in the digital goods section so that was a concern for me.

I don't want scammers coming with a new account but unfortunately I have seen them coming with new accounts almost instantly after scamming someone. But in this case, was it a scammer or spammer?

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 2339

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 01:35:53 PM

I do not think it is the question of the 58 post in one day, if you "surf" in his latest post you will see he (Madness) also made 80 posts in one day. The problem (I think)  is the content of these posts.

I will say that you are almost certainly correct. I have made more posts then that over longer periods of time and have never been banned.

Fizda had not caught my attention as much as madness did but if you make low quality posts then you will likely eventually get banned.
Big0Bang

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 05:23:17 PM

Lot of people got banned recently, all you could check this post made by BadBear:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=974620.msg10644168#msg10644168

So that you could figure out why you had been banned.
HelpMePls (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 04:06:43 AM

I will say that you are almost certainly correct. I have made more posts then that over longer periods of time and have never been banned.

Fizda had not caught my attention as much as madness did but if you make low quality posts then you will likely eventually get banned.
Because I think this is new and i never see people got banned because join signature campaign and active post.

I hope the time will be reduce as it first warning to me and all user. Thanks mod for doing your job Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: