Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 09:00:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Auction Results Thread!  (Read 5017 times)
Ezmoneyezlife

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 01:44:44 PM

it usually sells at a price higher than market price.....
Im suggesting it sells at around 30% higher, they know they can make a shit ton in the long term and intelligent whales don't want to miss this opportunity.

These are financial companies they won't buy those coins if its %30 higher they would made a instant loss already..

Yep, there were major dumps after every previous auction which means that they bought much lower then market price, i saw some info about Draper who gave a sort of a hint confirming that assumption. No wonder if we have sort of bilderberg wannabe "elite" http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-elite-meet-secret-island-bilderberg-style-retreat/
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 01:53:50 PM

Im suggesting it sells at around 30% higher, they know they can make a shit ton in the long term and intelligent whales don't want to miss this opportunity.

These are financial companies they won't buy those coins if its %30 higher they would made a instant loss already..

Yep, there were major dumps after every previous auction which means that they bought much lower then market price, i saw some info about Draper who gave a sort of a hint confirming that assumption. No wonder if we have sort of bilderberg wannabe "elite" http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-elite-meet-secret-island-bilderberg-style-retreat/

Sounds good but let's think that through. So if you bought 50k bitcoins below exchange price would you a) sell gradually to obtain the most profit or b) dump thousands in huge tranches and smash the price down?
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 02:23:54 PM

it's good that they bought at 30%  higher price, this mean that current value is somehow safe, and the price will rise by 30% before any dump occur, because of that auction

Can you provide us the link to your claim that the bidders bought at 30% higher price ? As far as I concern, it's just a rumour

well yes just a rumor, i read it somewhere in the forum, don't remember know, there was a guy that said it

ok here you go

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=960634.msg10679456#msg10679456

After the previous auctions took place, I've heard the price was actually lower than the market price.

It is bidding after all.. they might have been sold for $100 , otherwise, why would you bid higher then the market price ? (you always have the option to buy off the market..)

The US Marshals are less likely to scam their buyers, by that basis alone it would make sense to pay more.
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 02:28:24 PM

it's good that they bought at 30%  higher price, this mean that current value is somehow safe, and the price will rise by 30% before any dump occur, because of that auction

Can you provide us the link to your claim that the bidders bought at 30% higher price ? As far as I concern, it's just a rumour

well yes just a rumor, i read it somewhere in the forum, don't remember know, there was a guy that said it

ok here you go

After the previous auctions took place, I've heard the price was actually lower than the market price.

It is bidding after all.. they might have been sold for $100 , otherwise, why would you bid higher then the market price ? (you always have the option to buy off the market..)

The US Marshals are less likely to scam their buyers, by that basis alone it would make sense to pay more.

Don't see how it's relevant, you have plenty of legit exchanges to buy from without paying 30 or even 10% above the market price.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 02:30:58 PM

Hahaha, you know what else used to be a legit exchange? Plenty of whales went there...
bf4btc

Activity: 568
Merit: 500

Smoke weed everyday!

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 02:32:46 PM

ok here you go

Don't see how it's relevant, you have plenty of legit exchanges to buy from without paying 30 or even 10% above the market price.

They never payed over the market price imo if anything they paid quite abit under the price or about the same if that was the case that they was willing to pay higher, why would they? I mean they could have just set buy walls and brought what they needed over a week or 2 and paid quite abit less. They paid under market rate and so they should.

████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████▄▄▄█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
████████▀▀▀██████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████▀▀▀▀████████

mishax1
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 02:35:49 PM

ok here you go

They never payed over the market price imo if anything they paid quite abit under the price or about the same if that was the case that they was willing to pay higher, why would they? I mean they could have just set buy walls and brought what they needed over a week or 2 and paid quite abit less. They paid under market rate and so they should.

They could as well bid a lower price while at the same time also bid on an exchange, 2 bids have better chances to be filled than one bid Smiley
bf4btc

Activity: 568
Merit: 500

Smoke weed everyday!

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 02:40:35 PM

ok here you go

They could as well bid a lower price while at the same time also bid on an exchange, 2 bids have better chances to be filled than one bid Smiley

Yep this is what i mean by buy walls ^^ not just a buy wall it would have been needed to be done across the top 4 exchanges over a week or 2 and they would without a doubt be paying less than market. The price would only rise buying 50k at one time but if someone has that sort of money they are far from stupid so they would not have done that or paid over the market. It was probably a bull spread the rumor trying to start a run which i take my hat of to and find funny Smiley

████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████▄▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
████████▀▀▀██████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████▀▀▀▀████████

bri912678

Activity: 348
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 03:16:52 PM

The rumor was started by a tweet from a twitter account called cryptokees. It's based on nothing but his claim that an "anonymous source" told him before the winners had even been notified. His corresponding bitcointalk account was tweeting for free giveaways of low value plankton shit coins last summer so he can't be rich.

He mentions a coindesk article in his tweet, but there is nothing about 30% above market price in it. I think he just added the coindesk article link to con people into believing it backs his rumor up, which it does not.

That it was sold 30% (!!!) above market price?  Could someone find any news links or any person from say CoinDesk confirm this?

Rumor only for now:

https://twitter.com/CryptoKees/status/573577241235423232

No confirmation from any news source yet.

Why would anyone trust this?

The Sparood bitcointalk account links to the twitter account that the rumor came from (https://twitter.com/cryptokees)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=673734.msg7889951#msg7889951

He's not even a senior member.

The link in his tweet unshortens to http://www.coindesk.com/third-usms-bitcoin-auction-bidder-interest/ which makes no mention of 30% above market price.

Everything is based on the word of a full member account who was promoting a shitcoin like plankton.
mishax1
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 03:26:56 PM

hehe, great work Sherlock !  Wink   
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1353

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 05:46:43 PM

people who were buying those coins are billionaires and can probably wait a little before they start selling those coins but they eventually will, just question which concerns us is when and how fast

But unfortunately, we cannot predict because we don't know how much more was the price of the auctioned coins compared to the price of the coins in the market. If only we know how much it was, we can predict when will they probably sell those coins and when will the auctioned coins really take into effect in the market.
dothebeats
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 05:50:02 PM

Forgive me for being such a noob but why are the coins sold above the market price when those bidders could buy the same quantity of coins in market price? I mean, isn't this such an insane move or am I missing something about their logic?  Huh
dothebeats
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 05:52:44 PM

ok here you go

I'm also quite confused why would the bidders buy beyond the market price when they could have bought it on much lower rates? I COULDN'T GET THE LOGIC BEHIND IT!  Huh  Huh  Huh  Huh
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 07:23:31 PM

ok here you go

I'm also quite confused why would the bidders buy beyond the market price when they could have bought it on much lower rates? I COULDN'T GET THE LOGIC BEHIND IT!  Huh  Huh  Huh  Huh

If you are a investor in need of 50.000 btc it will be very hard to buy it from the market or otc.
The main problems are slippage and risks regarding counterparty.
 Both of it and more doesnt apply here

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
yefi
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1511

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 07:29:00 PM

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/19512/us-marshals-auction-participant-price-not-significantly-market/

According to Kardashev Capital, whose bid of $221.51 per bitcoin was approximately 17 percent under the market value of the coins as of the close of bidding on Thursday, it did not win any lots.

“While we’re disappointed to learn that we weren’t a winning bidder, I’m glad to hear that the bitcoins sold closer to or even above market price,” said Kardashev Capital partner Greg Gum.

That's pretty impressive if true. Not much room left on the downside for now.
Aboveyourass

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 07:33:56 PM

it's good that they bought at 30%  higher price, this mean that current value is somehow safe, and the price will rise by 30% before any dump occur, because of that auction

ok here you go

I'm also quite confused why would the bidders buy beyond the market price when they could have bought it on much lower rates? I COULDN'T GET THE LOGIC BEHIND IT!  Huh  Huh  Huh  Huh

If you are a investor in need of 50.000 btc it will be very hard to buy it from the market or otc.

no one needs 50,000 BTC, that's why you troll this shit since $6xx but no one bought those 1000k+ " $600 500 400 300 200 cheap coins" and the price always go lower
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 07:39:38 PM

it's good that they bought at 30%  higher price, this mean that current value is somehow safe, and the price will rise by 30% before any dump occur, because of that auction

ok here you go

I'm also quite confused why would the bidders buy beyond the market price when they could have bought it on much lower rates? I COULDN'T GET THE LOGIC BEHIND IT!  Huh  Huh  Huh  Huh

no one needs 50,000 BTC, that's why you troll this shit since $6xx but no one bought those 1000k+ " $600 500 400 300 200 cheap coins" and the price in the other hand always go down

Then just sell and forget bitcoin.

But i know u cant. Your addiction and believe in bitcoin is so big that you even have to make atleast 1 new account per day on this forum Roll Eyes

Who are all this people selling their bitcoin to if nobody buys? Huh

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
  ██████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Aboveyourass

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 07:45:29 PM

ok here you go

no one needs 50,000 BTC, that's why you troll this shit since $6xx but no one bought those 1000k+ " $600 500 400 300 200 cheap coins" and the price in the other hand always go down

Then just sell and forget bitcoin.

But i know u cant. Your addiction and believe in bitcoin is so big that you even have to make atleast 1 new account per day on this forum Roll Eyes

Who are all this people selling their bitcoin to if nobody buys? Huh

there are always bag holders and losers like you to buy those "cheap coins" to lose money.
however greater fools are not enough for over price coins so the price goes lower and lower!
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 08:17:16 PM

there are always bag holders and losers like you to buy those "cheap coins" to lose money.
however greater fools are not enough for over price coins so the price goes lower and lower!

Yeah, like it is purely visible from 220 to 275 that we are loosing money, and we seem to lose more money tonight, right? Keeping your screen upsidedown much?
There is undeniable buying pressure, a horde of "greater idiots" if u will, and were packed and ready to roll, and dumping ..well..we will dump when u finally decide to buy, and be ultimate trolls :]

cheers
Aboveyourass

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 08:45:10 PM

Yeah, like it is purely visible from 220 to 275 that we are loosing money, and we seem to lose more money tonight, right? Keeping your screen upsidedown much?
There is undeniable buying pressure, a horde of "greater idiots" if u will, and were packed and ready to roll, and dumping ..well..we will dump when u finally decide to buy, and be ultimate trolls :]

cheers

Sure, get ready for the incoming next $97 to $120 to $60 pump and dump scheme
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: