Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:22:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you "scared" that Bitcoin might actually succeed?  (Read 3751 times)
Bit_Happy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 09:06:15 AM

In April/May 2011 (and earlier) this forum was much quieter, and great conversations were easy to find. Those days are gone forever.
I want Biction to succeed "all the way", but that journey will not be easy. The establishment will fight back and the going could get rough.
Hopefully we will be flooded with a new group of honest people who have no intention of setting up more "failed companies".

Do you think the huge wave of venture capital will continue without big setbacks?
Are you "scared" that Bitcoin might actually succeed (and then have serious issues), or are you focused on the bright side?

calme

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 09:11:41 AM

I think a lot of the fear concerning BTC is that ppl are scared the price will shoot up before they accumulate enough. And enough is never enough.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 09:18:22 AM

For a complete success the FIAT values should "die" because the bitcoin is not compatible with this actual bitcoin system based in an high fee and corruption. However I think bitcoin will be a valid alternative for send a large quantity of money without the use of the banks.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2015, 09:23:53 AM

Being truly indpendent is always the most difficult thing to do, especially if it's away from any government or other institution, I'm not too worried though, if these people who claim to be our leaders truly care about Democracy, then they willl let Bitcoin flourish on it's own and leave it alone as it harms no one and it is something purely participated in by choice. If they don't, then they are nothing more than dictators and frauds and I will gladly fight them.
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 09:25:47 AM

In April/May 2011 (and earlier) this forum was much quieter, and great conversations were easy to find. Those days are gone forever.
I want Biction to succeed "all the way", but that journey will not be easy. The establishment will fight back and the going could get rough.
Hopefully we will be flooded with a new group of honest people who have no intention of setting up more "failed companies".

Do you think the huge wave of venture capital will continue without big setbacks?
Are you "scared" that Bitcoin might actually succeed (and then have serious issues), or are you focused on the bright side?

bitcoin had potential til the VC types came along, don't see how anyone would consider vc's as positive, they are leeches that make bitcoin no better the the bank controls fiat....of course that plays into gov hands so thats where btc is heading anyways.

most people consider btc success vs its price in USD  Embarrassed so as a fiat maker well u'll get the success as a currency success will never come for it.
calme

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 09:34:45 AM

if these people who claim to be our leaders truly care about Democracy
Cheesy

The ones who actually win elections are the ones who are willing to win/gain by any means necessary (or puppets for the use of such ppl). They don't know us or care about us any more than we know or care about them. They do care about money, though, b/c that is something they very much know.

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2015, 09:36:35 AM

if these people who claim to be our leaders truly care about Democracy
Cheesy

The ones who actually win elections are the ones who are willing to win/gain by any means necessary (or puppets for the use of such ppl). They don't know us or care about us any more than we know or care about them. They do care about money, though, b/c that is something they very much know.

I know, but I'd like to give them a chance and see for myself, if they're going to fuck us over like I bet they're planning to I'll gladly cause some chaos for them, I don't care for a hypocritical society and the people who vote these scumbags in are bad enough.
calme

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 09:49:02 AM

bitcoin had potential til the VC types came along, don't see how anyone would consider vc's as positive.
They build the infrastructure through providing necessary capital, startup expertise, connections, etc. They are accredited investors who are allowed to invest in private companies, unlike most ppl. They also provide confidence in BTC through the very fact that VCs are the ones who make careers out of betting on future technology. They also tend to invest long term instead of dumping for a quick buck. How are they not a positive thing?
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 10:15:41 AM

bitcoin had potential til the VC types came along, don't see how anyone would consider vc's as positive.
They build the infrastructure through providing necessary capital, startup expertise, connections, etc. They are accredited investors who are allowed to invest in private companies, unlike most ppl. They also provide confidence in BTC through the very fact that VCs are the ones who make careers out of betting on future technology. They also tend to invest long term instead of dumping for a quick buck. How are they not a positive thing?

as many here may know already irl i'm part owner of a company that raises capital for companies wanting to be listed, in our industry we KNOW vcs across the board are leeches., they are renowned for trying to make the quick buck.

we know most the tec crowd get delusional when vcs come along..
calme

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 10:21:49 AM

as many here may know already irl i'm part owner of a company that raises capital for companies wanting to be listed, in our industry we KNOW vcs across the board are leeches., they are renowned for trying to make the quick buck.

we know most the tec crowd get delusional when vcs come along..
So is it better for global BTC adoption if Sand Hill Rd. and Israel just stay away from BTC companies and instead, those companies only contact you? Or is it just better for you?
Monetizer

Activity: 812

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 10:23:15 AM

I think the definition for success is variable. For many bitcoins success means it becoming it's own stabilized currency not being pegged to another external fiat value. I would love to see bitcoin succeed but I don't think I am ready for something this drastic.
Silly Money

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 10:32:31 AM

Why would we be scared it will suceed? We should be scared that it wont and I think progress is severely going to be hampered by the reluctance of the general public to adopt it. I believe its use as a currency will grow over time but very slowly. And what do you mean by "setting up more "failed companies"". I think most bitcoin based companies don't get set up to fail unless they're a scam or something.

newflesh

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 10:44:51 AM

Not that bothered about vc's but I suppose they are a necessary evil for bitcoin's adoption.

I'm sure btc will succeed, whether or not it replaces $$$ is anybody's guess. One thing's for certain, the powers-that-be aren't going to give up their fiat system without a fight.
Sheldor333

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 10:48:47 AM

Sure there will be setbacks, there are always setbacks, but I think Bitcoin has real potential to succeed. Still that will only happen if it continues to evolve as technology improves. That way it will ensure it's survival and most importantly thrive.

SargeR33

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 11:49:39 AM

Why would I be scared? Its not that it "might" suceed. Its already on the right path and its done more than succeed. Its survived numerous tests in my opinion.

HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2015, 12:18:11 PM

I am scared because I will no longer be able to afford it without fear of coming back to $200 again

DeboraMeeks

Activity: 588

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 12:22:05 PM

Don't know what you actually meant by saying "scared", but if you would say "excited", yes I am.
There are actually many reputed ventures who are adopting Bitcoins as a method of payment, and so seeing the dark side only doesn't make sense.
Cult

Activity: 479
Merit: 100

Enter the future of gaming

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2015, 12:26:39 PM

I'm read for it, always loved technology, it revolutionize the we live.

RedCatMetaverse   
    ●  Play Learn and Earn blockchain game  ●   
Instagram  ◣ Discord  ◣Twitter  ◣Reddit
Beliathon

Activity: 784

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2015, 01:48:36 PM

As far as I'm concerned every day the bitcoin network is online bitcoin has succeeded.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
rtrtcrypto

Activity: 627

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 01:50:12 PM

I'm afraid this forum might succeed.  Roll Eyes
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: