Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:48:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you "scared" that Bitcoin might actually succeed?  (Read 3751 times)
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 01:55:49 PM

I am scared because I will no longer be able to afford it without fear of coming back to $200 again

I feel the same.
BTC had many ups and downs in the past, so nobody can predict what will happen in the future.
Hoping the best Smiley

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Silly Money

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 01:56:39 PM

Are you "scared" that Bitcoin might actually succeed (and then have serious issues), or are you focused on the bright side?
As far as I'm concerned every day the bitcoin network is online bitcoin has succeeded.

True, but what was once a success can become a failure, though people have differing opinions of what is a success or a failure. Even if bitcoin fails or collapses at some point people may still think it was a success because of what it achieved.

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 01:59:02 PM

Yeah, I'm scared it's going to succeed in China a little too well and not succeed in other parts of the world that really need it. The Chinese are setting the stage to be the worlds Bitcoin miner. I don't know if that's bad or not. The U.S. is becoming fairly ambivalent toward Bitcoin. They seem to be against it and want to regulate it to death while arresting people for trading Bitcoin but commerce seems to be the best in merrica. Europe seems to be taking to Bitcoin pretty well, that's good. Some countries seem overly scared of it like Russia and I don't understand that. I'm kind of scared that Bitcoin will succeed itself out of existance from lack of participation in some areas.

Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 02:00:22 PM

I am scared because I will no longer be able to afford it without fear of coming back to $200 again

I feel the same.
BTC had many ups and downs in the past, so nobody can predict what will happen in the future.
Hoping the best Smiley
I think that price of bitcoin not  the point of this discussion. I think it is rather about social and financial changes that bitcoin will bring when more and more people will start using it.
abyrnes81

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 02:02:25 PM

I am not scared of bitcoin I am scared about the "bag holder" aka early miners/adopters. They can ruin all in less than one month. Bitcoin is a good technologi (blockchain) and I think it will succeed for sure.
mistercoin
Legendary

Activity: 1044
Merit: 1000

https://r.honeygain.me/XEDDM2B07C

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2015, 02:04:35 PM

The only thing I am afraid of, is that BTC will go >$1000 again and I will only have 0.02BTC to my name Tongue

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 02:04:50 PM

I am not scared of bitcoin I am scared about the "bag holder" aka early miners/adopters. They can ruin all in less than one month. Bitcoin is a good technologi (blockchain) and I think it will succeed for sure.

There's only one person that could crash Bitcoin to nothing and I'm convinced he's dead.

abyrnes81

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 02:49:51 PM

There's only one person that could crash Bitcoin to nothing and I'm convinced he's dead.

I don't think he will dump all his bitcoin, after has created this "currency" (peer-to-peer electronic cash system). He will be very crazy if he will do this thing. Bitcoin will succeed only when all the governments will "shut down".
neoneros

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

I can draw your avatar!

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2015, 02:53:58 PM

We should all focus on the bright side, positive thinking, the self fullfilling prophecy. Bitcoin has a bright future, but it is still a future, the present is still a primordial soup of trash and gems. We should be polishing bitcoin so the future will look bright for bitcoin and for those who can profit in daily life of the blockchain

trackstarleah

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 03:19:38 PM

In April/May 2011 (and earlier) this forum was much quieter, and great conversations were easy to find. Those days are gone forever.
I want Biction to succeed "all the way", but that journey will not be easy. The establishment will fight back and the going could get rough.
Hopefully we will be flooded with a new group of honest people who have no intention of setting up more "failed companies".

Do you think the huge wave of venture capital will continue without big setbacks?
Are you "scared" that Bitcoin might actually succeed (and then have serious issues), or are you focused on the bright side?

bitcoin had potential til the VC types came along, don't see how anyone would consider vc's as positive, they are leeches that make bitcoin no better the the bank controls fiat....of course that plays into gov hands so thats where btc is heading anyways.

most people consider btc success vs its price in USD  Embarrassed so as a fiat maker well u'll get the success as a currency success will never come for it.

Please, please shut the fuck up. Every one of your posts I've read has been stupid as fuck. Companies around Bitcoin is what helps grow the currency. It's what gives Bitcoin it's economy. Without VC's, Bitcoin would be nowhere and going nowhere.

I'm just gonna put your dumb ass on ignore, cause reading your ill-thought out, retarded ass posts makes my blood boil.

dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1353

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 03:25:49 PM

In April/May 2011 (and earlier) this forum was much quieter, and great conversations were easy to find. Those days are gone forever.
I want Biction to succeed "all the way", but that journey will not be easy. The establishment will fight back and the going could get rough.
Hopefully we will be flooded with a new group of honest people who have no intention of setting up more "failed companies".

Do you think the huge wave of venture capital will continue without big setbacks?
The thing is, most of the people are concerned to the price of bitcoin alone, and not for the whole of bitcoin. Whether or not it will succeed, the main concern of most--if not all--the people who use bitcoins is the price.
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1353

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 03:27:32 PM

I don't think he will dump all his bitcoin, after has created this "currency" (peer-to-peer electronic cash system). He will be very crazy if he will do this thing. Bitcoin will succeed only when all the governments will "shut down".

And the truth is, governments wouldn't simply "shut down". It would be very hard too to cope up for the changes it might give. Admit it, most of the people nowadays can't live without the government.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 03:35:09 PM

I feel the same.
Hoping the best Smiley

no need to be scared. once we don't use the term 0,01btc anymore every one will count in bits.
then no one have to be affraid of no longer being able to afford it.
but before the change make sure you hold enough coins to be happy with.
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 03:39:34 PM

I just hope bitcoin doesnt get few other mega bubbles that burst too fast, it is nothing but wrong in the longterm.
Also, i am scared that it will take off too fast, not allowing us to grab enough before the prices excees our abilities, before corporate money gets involved at large scale.
Doubt it will ever replace fiat in true meaning of the word, but it can live symbioticaly with it, giving the people a choice, a freedom to choose how they want to store their value.

cheers
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 03:53:04 PM

And the truth is, governments wouldn't simply "shut down". It would be very hard too to cope up for the changes it might give. Admit it, most of the people nowadays can't live without the government.

I agree with dothebeats , but maybe this time we will be victorious. We are really very annoyed of this crisis and bitcoin would be a "sword" for hit this economic system (based on corruption).
OpenOcean

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 03:54:53 PM

I honestly don't think "establishments" are personally out to spite the innovations of others. For me it's the belief that a lack of knowledge/education is the reason for most of the backlash.

That's true for our community, too, as a lot of us don't know the ins and outs of the bureaucracies that decide on what policies move forward.

There will be issues with everything. If we were scared bitcoin would succeed, then we wouldn't be in the movement, and large governments would not be giving it the attention and clout it's already now receiving.  
TrailingComet

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 04:02:36 PM

I am anxious, not scared. And i remain convinced that the success of btc is inevitable

koelen3
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1007

Sooner or later, a man who wears two faces forgets

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 04:11:57 PM

There has always been a dark side for everything and will always be , though we tend to ignore the dark side in things we like .
Most people do not accept it but it's true.
The more companies coming and announcing to adopt bitcoin is sure giving bitcoin a boost but as soon as they crumble , they bring btc with it .
But let's not think about the price for now , though price does/will matter but let's look at the bigger picture.
How easy would it be if you are in a line , you don't have change and you could simply pay with your bitcoins. Let's hope for that Smiley
Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2015, 04:33:56 PM

I don't know about the rest here, but I definitely don't have doubts when it comes to the future of bitcoin and whether it can succeed. The only thing I'm afraid of right now is not getting the opportunity to buy as many coins as I can afford before the price actually shoots up too high for me to get a good bargain price.

Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 04:51:48 PM

in certain sense you are right.

if Bitcoin succeeds some good things will disappear, like the relative anonymity and some easy ways of making money
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: