Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:27:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you "scared" that Bitcoin might actually succeed?  (Read 3751 times)
specgamer

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

I love bitcoins.

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 07:22:01 PM

Yes, just like when bitcoin first came out in 2008. People never have enough of what they wanted. If bitcoin did succeed, that would be good for those who have an abundant amount, but for newbies it's going to be very hard.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 07:31:28 PM

I will be happy when Bitcoin is fully mainstream and accepted by all mainstreet shops that way I can buy good products and food where ever I am within the UK and around the globe. The sooner this happens when more and more shops accept it and I can go down to my local cig shop and say id like to pay by Bitcoin would be amazing and give me and many others freedom to spend BTC as we please.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 07:43:21 PM

yep ... i want buy food, too ... with bitcoins !  Grin
leex1528

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 07:45:33 PM

I am not scared if it succeeds, why would anyone be scared?  I am assuming most people have something invested into Bitcoin, well all of us here do, if not money at the very least it is time invested.  There are a lot of hiccups that could happen but I guess you just have to roll with the punches and hope for the best.  I am hoping Bitcoin takes off this year, I would love to actually have some coins and see it take off.  I missed it the first time around so here is hoping!
DestroyerEpic

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 08:23:28 PM

They have been fighting back since a couple years back. I hope it will one day succeed, yet I don't think it will be alone. Quite a few of the alts will become established as well. Not really a way around it. I realize that LTC will hold its own and maybe something like DRK.

I would actually like prices to stay low for the next few years so that I can accumulate.
Btcvilla

Activity: 1078
Merit: 270

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 08:25:21 PM

Why would I be scared? It would be amazing to be able to use my Bitcoins everywhere...
najzenmajsen

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 08:31:52 PM

I think a lot of the fear concerning BTC is that ppl are scared the price will shoot up before they accumulate enough. And enough is never enough.
indeed , we're greedy bastards Sad
Op , why would we be scared of bitcoin succeding ?
i have no doubt bitcoin / some other cryptocurrencry will take over the world's economy by year 2030.
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 08:39:20 PM

Yes, just like when bitcoin first came out in 2008. People never have enough of what they wanted. If bitcoin did succeed, that would be good for those who have an abundant amount, but for newbies it's going to be very hard.
You still have plenty of time as a newbie to amass a decent amount of BTC and call yourself a pioneer, this low price is a great opportunity.
Slaxt

Activity: 476

Gone......

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 12:06:50 AM

Why would I be scared? It would be amazing to be able to use my Bitcoins everywhere...

That's right there is no reason to be scared, there is no reason to be scared about anythin in life. It will not be long until it is everywhere so hold on Smiley I give it till this summer before it starts picking up faster than ever.

TC is the worse thing to happen to default, needs to open his eyes and not jump to conclusions, not everyone lies!!! Anyway as promised I have left, pass word changed to long random which I will forget like that plonker who ruined a perfectly fine account.
Berau

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 03:45:41 AM

In April/May 2011 (and earlier) this forum was much quieter, and great conversations were easy to find. Those days are gone forever.
I want Biction to succeed "all the way", but that journey will not be easy. The establishment will fight back and the going could get rough.
Hopefully we will be flooded with a new group of honest people who have no intention of setting up more "failed companies".

Do you think the huge wave of venture capital will continue without big setbacks?
Are you "scared" that Bitcoin might actually succeed (and then have serious issues), or are you focused on the bright side?

I'm too focused on the bright side I guess, as a bitcoin holder.
Btcvilla

Activity: 1078
Merit: 270

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 03:55:14 AM

That's right there is no reason to be scared, there is no reason to be scared about anythin in life. It will not be long until it is everywhere so hold on Smiley I give it till this summer before it starts picking up faster than ever.
Yep I think trading will pick up alot this summer, hopefully bringing the price to 500's. That would be amazing.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 06:06:10 AM

i think crypto currencies are here to stay.  no doubt. 

sakira

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 06:31:41 AM

the greater the success achieved, the greater the challenge that will hit it Smiley
Kimowa

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 06:49:26 AM

the greater the success achieved, the greater the challenge that will hit it Smiley

Positive information as progress occurs then people will deal with it differently.

Soros Shorts
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1617
Merit: 1011

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 01:17:53 PM

I am somewhat concerned that as a result of mass adoption Bitcoin will become over regulated and you won't be able to use it as freely as you can today. Some bad things that could happen as a result of regulation:

- government sponsored blacklisting/tainting of coins and addresses
- license required to trade and exchange
- license required to mine
- license required to run full nodes
- registration of addresses used
- ban criminals from using Bitcoin (it's already illegal to be one - so don't drag Bitcoin into the picture)
- changes in protocol to support some or all of the above

If Bitcoin did end up evolving into a regulated cryptocurrency that everyone uses I would not consider that a success.
Bralex

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 01:30:00 PM

I am somewhat concerned that as a result of mass adoption Bitcoin will become over regulated and you won't be able to use it as freely as you can today. Some bad things that could happen as a result of regulation:

- government sponsored blacklisting/tainting of coins and addresses
- license required to trade and exchange
- license required to mine
- license required to run full nodes
- registration of addresses used
- ban criminals from using Bitcoin (it's already illegal to be one - so don't drag Bitcoin into the picture)
- changes in protocol to support some or all of the above

If Bitcoin did end up evolving into a regulated cryptocurrency that everyone uses I would not consider that a success.

How ever scarey this sounds if you take the stock market as a base line example you will find that you are probably right that started with not many regs but look at it now Shocked

Is it right hell no and if it does that will be the end for me at least, because i will not hang around with those regulations.

To add though i to can see them coming as well, i suppose we do need a few regs but i would aim them at some of the businesses that hold our coin not us individually this will be another attack on our rights and i hope we will all step up and say f no to these financial bullys.

We are a group that is most likely to and they probably know this, have to add though some will like these regs and being controlled.   

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
havecoch

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 02:07:53 PM

"Are you "scared" that Bitcoin might actually succeed?"

Why will I be scared of it ?

Beatkoyn

Activity: 25

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 03:51:41 AM

"Are you "scared" that Bitcoin might actually succeed?"

Why will I be scared of it ?

Correct. We are all here for Bitcoin's success right?
We are here because we believe that Bitcoin will create a major change in the world and we want to be part of that change right?
Then why should I be afraid?
Somekindabitcoin

Activity: 518

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 03:55:22 AM

I think bitcoin will succeed, albeit possibly not the way we want it to, but with new technology slowly comes widespread adoption. I think Bitcoin is taking this change for the better.
litecamel

Activity: 25

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 11:22:35 AM

Nah, Bring it on Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: