Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 02:53:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This message was too old and has been purged  (Read 26053 times)
HinnomTX

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 04:55:35 PM

From weak hands to strong.

"One can only solve so much with cryptography. The rest of the solution will prove to be economic in nature." -Evan Duffield
Dash is Digital Cash.  https://www.dash.org

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 05:05:09 PM

lol
so ... ?
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 05:06:52 PM

this doens change anything for darkcoin
perhaps in future he will rise to some bigger point

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

CryptoChronic

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 05:07:44 PM

what evilknievel doesn't know is there're not just 3 people in each mixing...not from start to end Wink
However we do need more discussions like this!
RW-Stott

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 05:20:09 PM

We should set up a BTC donation fund for Evil-Knievel to build a Darkcoin python deanonymizer!

I pledge 1 BTC if Evil-Knievel successfully builds a Darkcoin python deanonymize.  

I'll add another 1 BTC to that.
MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 05:27:47 PM

what evilknievel doesn't know is there're not just 3 people in each mixing...not from start to end Wink

Yes, I find this fascinating. Even if something could show a vulnerability, with the Darkcoin dev being here and working on it constantly, any vulnerabilities can turn into strengths, when things get fixed (if they need fixing).
alex-ru
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 05:29:44 PM

In nearest future the only chance to buy big volume of DRK will be finding new temporary bugs.  Grin

g4q34g4qg47ww

Activity: 478
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 05:36:47 PM

OP when he finally gives up on his de-anonymizer..

Meanwhile masternode blinding is already on testnet and looking amazing.

LucD88

Activity: 525
Merit: 510

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 05:44:55 PM

Loving the conversations!

"Exposures" like this makes Darkcoin even stronger, whatever the outcome will be. Whether this is valid or not, thanks Evil-Knievel for pointing this out! Smiley

Yes, I find this fascinating. Even if something could show a vulnerability, with the Darkcoin dev being here and working on it constantly, any vulnerabilities can turn into strengths, when things get fixed (if they need fixing).
+1, amen to that! Cheesy
Longenecker

Activity: 226

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 05:46:00 PM

Can I have whatever koolaid you're drinking?  

What is more fascinating is that the Darkcoin dev has possibly been building upon a flawed foundation the entire time, unknowingly.  This should lead you to question his capability and credibility.
CryptoChronic

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 05:49:36 PM

What is more fascinating is that the Darkcoin dev has possibly been building upon a flawed foundation the entire time, unknowingly.  This should lead you to question his capability and credibility.

LOL hows holding my shadow cash bags? I dumped THOUSANDS at 40k 36k and 29k... you all will never see that again Wink
Edit: BTW the guardian recommends our anonymity http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/mar/06/tips-tricks-anonymous-privacy
Longenecker

Activity: 226

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 05:56:07 PM

LOL hows holding my shadow cash bags? I dumped THOUSANDS at 40k 36k and 29k... you all will never see that again Wink
Edit: BTW the guardian recommends our anonymity http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/mar/06/tips-tricks-anonymous-privacy

Yes, I'm sure the Guardian is cryptographically qualified to make such an endorsement.
Havelivi

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 05:57:31 PM

that is really shocking to hear for me, DRK is not anonymous?
i don't understand well what op want to tell exactly Roll Eyes
etoque
Legendary

Activity: 1974

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 05:58:23 PM

Bitcoin is still patched,nothing is perfect,and look the price... If dev are here to patch thing fast,where problem ? Its a big 'plus' from all other coin/dev does nothing and take life to correct any problem...
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 05:59:36 PM

Is like you are trying to ignore the conversation that just happen between Evil-Knievel and Evan.  I think you are projecting what you were hoping was the outcome of this excercise. Evil-Knievel acknowledged it was as Evan said, now he believes that even though he was not correct in all his assumptions he may still do something with it.  To which Evan invited him to try and report his results.

This is no different than having auditors checking on your system, this guy thought he had something but he didn't, I think he should wait for a few days and test on the next version which will be released soon because it includes many updates and it would be better to test the latest one.
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 06:03:03 PM

I just hope Evan & Evil-Knievel will make a good brainstorm conversation Wink we need more people like E-K.
As Minotaur26 stated before I`m with every his word and at the end all weaknesses are darkcoin future strenghtens.

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 06:10:07 PM

Is this the guy that claimed to be able to crack ECDSA keys last year and was trying to flog an "app" for it ?

This guy here ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TC43aOdsf4g

(Because if he's right then bitcoin has a lot more to worry about than Darkcoin has)

P.S. Whether you believe him or not, at least you'll be well entertained  Wink
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 06:23:00 PM

Is this the guy that claimed to be able to crack ECDSA keys last year and was trying to flog an "app" for it ?

This guy here ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TC43aOdsf4g

(Because if he's right then bitcoin has a lot more to worry about than Darkcoin has)

P.S. Whether you believe him or not, at least you'll be well entertained  Wink

Well that was funny.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 07:05:05 PM
Last edit: March 06, 2015, 09:05:31 PM by toknormal

Evil-Knievel is generally a genuine technical interrogator, and has made the odd useful insight (well, one at least) that's been accepted by devs, it's just that he also has a tendency to draw conclusions bordering on hyperbolic melodrama from benign philosophical observations.

According to his findings:

References:

[1] https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=345619.msg5663483#msg5663483

[2] http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1wf5qb/possible_warning_btc_addresses_with_known_public/

[3] http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2ukp87/researcher_discovers_major_dos_vulnerability_in/

[4] https://bitcointa.lk/threads/private-key-cracker-apparently-demonstrated.248285/page-2

fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2015, 07:08:10 PM

There's a very simple solution to this. Instead of idiotic "dev worship" (especially when said dev demonstrates a key lack of understanding with respects to game theory, the nature of incentives, and basic cryptography) the responsibility should be on Darkcoin to prove, cryptographically, that their transactions are anonymous. Here is an example of a cryptographic proof of anonymity in transactions:

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: