Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 02:07:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BETwitter - Bet & Win Bitcoins - Data source is Twitter - Promo coins  (Read 7286 times)
kusumadewi

Activity: 826
Merit: 517

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 04:29:14 PM

username : crytoboost
hope i enter at time, i too would like to take this offer.

Sorry, min post 200 Sad Still plenty of winning opportunities on the games.

min post 200? it mean i'm can participate with this giveaway
my username kusumadewi

Will i get the another 0.1 to try your site ?
btcfaucet (OP)

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

Bitcoin Faucet

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 04:33:42 PM

How is this opposite when all have different bets ? Everyone will surely go after immediate available game to place bet on . You didnt say before all the players can't place bet immediately .

I did. See:

When you have wagered at least 0.1 BTC in total (and don't put all on one game) I'll lift the withdrawals.

^^^^^
That's what I said when I agreed to giving out free coins. Someone even asked me to confirm it and the 'opposites of opposites' thing could have been confusing but my initial (and I think pretty common sense) request not to bet it all on one game was hard to misunderstand.

If you had put a double bet on every game, I wouldn't have minded so much as putting it all on one game.

newcripto

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 04:36:58 PM

How is this opposite when all have different bets ? Everyone will surely go after immediate available game to place bet on . You didnt say before all the players can't place bet immediately .

I did. See:

When you have wagered at least 0.1 BTC in total (and don't put all on one game) I'll lift the withdrawals.

^^^^^
That's what I said when I agreed to giving out free coins. Someone even asked me to confirm it and the 'opposites of opposites' thing could have been confusing but my initial (and I think pretty common sense) request not to bet it all on one game was hard to misunderstand.

If you had put a double bet on every game, I wouldn't have minded so much as putting it all on one game.

Sorry I didnt understand well. So I can't put all the amount on one game this is the issue. But How can i find the wager in final ?
amiryaqot
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 04:45:35 PM

admin i don't understand why 0.20BTC wagered for me? i just won there now balance is 0.18BTC
so how can i check my wagered there, and what is minimum withdraw?
btcfaucet (OP)

Bitcoin Faucet

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 04:53:04 PM

Sorry I didnt understand well. So I can't put all the amount on one game this is the issue.

More like... attempt to care is the issue Smiley Give all games a bit of attention, keep coming back to bet on more games, and if you bet smart you get to take home more coins than what you started with. It's not a big request :-)

But How can i find the wager in final ?

I'm guessing you mean the one at https://betwitter.com/account - "Total bets" if I remember correctly.

btcfaucet (OP)

Bitcoin Faucet

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 05:00:46 PM

admin i don't understand why 0.20BTC wagered for me?

Not for you specifically (nothing personal), but 3 users out of the 11 who put all the 0.1 they got for me on one game, avoiding all that very-very hard work of at least attempting to make a reasonable bet on all games, which would be more fun anyway. I have raised the limit to 0.2 which means you'll still need to place some sensible bets on games and whatever remains (more or less) you get to keep.

i just won there now balance is 0.18BTC

Yes, you started with the 0.1 I gave you, ended up with 0.18 apparently, winning on that game.

See https://betwitter.com/account

When it says "Bets: 0.2 BTC" or more (and not from betting it or most of it on one game but making a bit of effort to use more games) then I'll happily enable withdrawals. For the remaining 8 beta testers this limit is still 0.1 only.

amiryaqot
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 05:05:10 PM

admin i don't understand why 0.20BTC wagered for me?

Not for you specifically (nothing personal), but 3 users out of the 11 who put all the 0.1 they got for me on one game, avoiding all that very-very hard work of at least attempting to make a reasonable bet on all games, which would be more fun anyway. I have raised the limit to 0.2 which means you'll still need to place some sensible bets on games and whatever remains (more or less) you get to keep.

i just won there now balance is 0.18BTC

Yes, you started with the 0.1 I gave you, ended up with 0.18 apparently, winning on that game.

See https://betwitter.com/account

When it says "Bets: 0.2 BTC" or more (and not from betting it or most of it on one game but making a bit of effort to use more games) then I'll happily enable withdrawals. For the remaining 8 beta testers this limit is still 0.1 only.

thanks admin for kind reply, oh i understand now never put all amount in 1 bet, so now i will place my in different bets,
anyway i am enjoying to there that is really like having fun Wink
twister

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 05:05:34 PM
Last edit: March 07, 2015, 05:18:25 PM by twister

I won a game Cheesy So happy.
That's 1/11, still 10 remaining and I have half amount on bets, so even if I lose all which is very unlikely I'd still have half as back up.  
I am gonna go follow your twitter and do some RTs. This is an awesome game. +1 to you.

EDIT: You don't have twitter?  Huh Shocked

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
btcfaucet (OP)

Bitcoin Faucet

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 05:09:18 PM

EDIT: You don't have twitter?  Huh Shocked

There is a Twitter account, but I'm still waiting for a logo. I prefer IRC, a few of us are there on Freenode @ #betwitter

btcfaucet (OP)

Bitcoin Faucet

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 05:12:30 PM

hello admin, is there any problem to put 0.10 as bet on your site Huh what is mean of that players can't bet opposite him? or all players have to bet on a same words? what method for draw result there?

Hi

I will assume that you are asking what happens if there are no opposing bets. In such a case, the game is cancelled on the deadline, and every gets back their money. No fee is taken for cancelled games' payouts.
CryForMeSky

Activity: 210
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 05:12:46 PM

Thoughts:

1. This is a very interesting concept

2. You never explain anywhere specifically how the wagering/payouts work.  THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART!  I can assume that these are parimutuel pools but I have no clue if that's correct or not.  

3.  In your OP you say that affiliates get 25% commission but on your site you say "If you were referred to the site by a friend, we only take 0.5% and give the remaining 0.5% to your friend.".  So is it 25% or 50%?

4.  The scoreboard doesn't auto-update, that's a little annoying, I'd like to be able to see a bet update in real time without having to jam the refresh button.

5.  The scoreboard doesn't auto-sort.  The top item on the scoreboard should be the thing that is currently winning.  Right now it's in alphabetical order, which is confusing.

6.  The scoreboard is out of order.  Right now it say "Tweets" in large font (number of tweets) and then "(by) in much smaller font.  But I'm lead to believe that the total tweets doesn't matter (because multiples aren't counted), only the unique number of tweeters is counted.  Therefore the "(by)" number should be the relevant metric used to decide the winner and should obviously be the more in-front number.

7.  This seems redic easy to manipulate.  People can buy twitter followers for something like $5/10000.  Seems like there are bots who are capable of mass manipulating the twitter format.  What is preventing someone from placing a bet on an underrepresented choice and then paying one of these companies a small amount of money to tweet out that word/phrase from a ton of bots?  Is there a way you are protecting against this?  
twister

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 05:12:57 PM

EDIT: You don't have twitter?  Huh Shocked

There is a Twitter account, but I'm still waiting for a logo. I prefer IRC, a few of us are there on Freenode @ #betwitter

I don't use IRC man! Imma wait till your twitter goes live. And then I'll start RTing with my affiliate link.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
btcfaucet (OP)

Bitcoin Faucet

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 05:24:59 PM

2. You never explain anywhere specifically how the wagering/payouts work.  THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART!  I can assume that these are parimutuel pools but I have no clue if that's correct or not.

For selection & true/false it's kind of a given, in the latter one group wins the coins of an opposing group in the ratio of their bets. For estimate type games, the par is twice the median average of all bets, anything outside that gets zero points, anything exactly the resulting number gets maximum points, coins are redistributed based on these points and the bet amounts.

3.  In your OP you say that affiliates get 25% commission but on your site you say "If you were referred to the site by a friend, we only take 0.5% and give the remaining 0.5% to your friend.".  So is it 25% or 50%?

Nice catch, thanks. It was changed to 25% but the text remained there. It's fixed now.

4.  The scoreboard doesn't auto-update, that's a little annoying, I'd like to be able to see a bet update in real time without having to jam the refresh button.

I didn't find it annoying but if the site gets a bit more popular then something will be implemented I'm sure.

5.  The scoreboard doesn't auto-sort.  The top item on the scoreboard should be the thing that is currently winning.  Right now it's in alphabetical order, which is confusing.

It would need to have AI to interpret the formula and know what is most interesting. The formula could be a multiplication of 3 variables for all we know.

6.  The scoreboard is out of order.  Right now it say "Tweets" in large font (number of tweets) and then "(by) in much smaller font.  But I'm lead to believe that the total tweets doesn't matter (because multiples aren't counted), only the unique number of tweeters is counted.  Therefore the "(by)" number should be the relevant metric used to decide the winner and should obviously be the more in-front number.

I went with how it makes more sense in everyday text rather than to go with how we currently happen to describe most games of this type. But it's still just one type of game and variable of many.

7.  This seems redic easy to manipulate.  People can buy twitter followers for something like $5/10000.  Seems like there are bots who are capable of mass manipulating the twitter format.  What is preventing someone from placing a bet on an underrepresented choice and then paying one of these companies a small amount of money to tweet out that word/phrase from a ton of bots?  Is there a way you are protecting against this?  

I'm not sure about that $5 / 100000 number. There's no real protection. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it. Some games may be manipulated by getting celebrities to tweet something. If you're good with social engineering, why not? Smiley

CryForMeSky

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 05:35:19 PM

Thanks for the reply.  Still a couple of confusing things:

For selection & true/false it's kind of a given, in the latter one group wins the coins of an opposing group in the ratio of their bets. For estimate type games, the par is twice the median average of all bets, anything outside that gets zero points, anything exactly the resulting number gets maximum points, coins are redistributed based on these points and the bet amounts.

Yeah, you probably need to clearly explain all of that (with examples) on your site.  You really didn't answer my question though.  Here's an example: there is a true/false question.  75% of the money is bet on "true".  25% of the money is bet on "false".  For an average person, it is reasonable to assume that since it is a "50/50" bet, that they will double their money (less vig) on a win.  For an experienced bettor, it is reasonable to assume that the pools are parimutuel, so the winning pool will win the losing pool (less vig) at the corresponding %.  So you'll have one person who bet 3BTC on true who is expecting a 2.97BTC return and another who bet 3BTC on true who is expecting a .99BTC return.

It would need to have AI to interpret the formula and know what is most interesting. The formula could be a multiplication of 3 variables for all we know.

I'm not following.  One thing is ahead of all the other things.  That thing should be at the top of the scoreboard.  Just have it sort by number of tweeters instead of alphabetical order.

I went with how it makes more sense in everyday text rather than to go with how we currently happen to describe most games of this type. But it's still just one type of game and variable of many.

You want people to see at-a-glance what is winning.  The relevant number, for the bet, is the number that is in smaller font.  That doesn't make sense.

I'm not sure about that $5 / 100000 number. There's no real protection. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it. Some games may be manipulated by getting celebrities to tweet something. If you're good with social engineering, why not? Smiley

I just googled "how to buy twitter followers" and that was the first result. , I honestly don't know how accurate it is.  I just think it's important to be clear: is manipulation of the bets allowed? 
btcfaucet (OP)

Bitcoin Faucet

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 07:05:21 PM

For an average person, it is reasonable to assume that since it is a "50/50" bet, that they will double their money (less vig) on a win.

There is no house except me placing bets on games to make sure they run and so there's something to win. This means that players play against each other. It also means that it's not 50/50 if the game shows 0.2 on one side and 0.8 on the other side.

One thing is ahead of all the other things.  That thing should be at the top of the scoreboard.  Just have it sort by number of tweeters instead of alphabetical order.

I might add sorting, but it will not know automatically what to choose, because technically it the formula/result doesn't have to be one thing.

You want people to see at-a-glance what is winning.  The relevant number, for the bet, is the number that is in smaller font.  That doesn't make sense.

The relevant number could be something complicated in theory. But showing the current result is a good idea and it will be added down the line.

I just googled "how to buy twitter followers" and that was the first result. , I honestly don't know how accurate it is.  I just think it's important to be clear: is manipulation of the bets allowed? 

Yes. Whatever makes it as a tweet remains there. I also retain the option to be able to cancel / undo games, but I'll prefer it to learn from games and possibly add filters. All rights reserved! Smiley

CryForMeSky

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 07:14:36 PM

There is no house except me placing bets on games to make sure they run and so there's something to win. This means that players play against each other. It also means that it's not 50/50 if the game shows 0.2 on one side and 0.8 on the other side.

Again, I understand that because I've been betting horses for years.  The average bitcoin user isn't going to understand parimutuel pools.  You need to explain it to them.

Yes. Whatever makes it as a tweet remains there. I also retain the option to be able to cancel / undo games, but I'll prefer it to learn from games and possibly add filters. All rights reserved! Smiley

Saying "everything is allowed unless I say after the fact it isn't" is a horrible policy to have in place.  Especially since you just admitted that you play your own game. 

btcfaucet (OP)

Bitcoin Faucet

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 07:40:33 PM

I've posted some new games and bets!
Havelivi

Activity: 896

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 08:58:22 PM

when i tried to withdraw i got that message Code 0014: Please contact support
admin fix it there, i think i wagered 0.10.
amiryaqot
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 06:22:05 AM

Code 0014: Please contact support

my wagered is 0.23BTC now and i can take withdraw as per your statement after 0.20BTC you will lift the limit to withdraw.
trafficolaa
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 08:04:29 AM
Last edit: March 08, 2015, 08:21:03 AM by trafficolaa

Code 0014: Please contact support

my wagered is 0.23BTC now and i can take withdraw as per your statement after 0.20BTC you will lift the limit to withdraw.

me too have same problem with 0.12 Btc, admin kindly lift limit from withdraw, Grin
i am in little profit there, that really interesting way of betting.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: