Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:15:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: XBTFreelancer.com - A new Bitcoin freelancers platform  (Read 4941 times)
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 04:15:44 PM

DeboraMeeks, amounts are in USD for better understanding of price. I think its more appropriate to state milestone amounts in USD especially due the crpto-currency's current fluctuations. I might add XBT based milestone amount support in the future, tough, if there is demand for it.

Friend, BTC freelancer means IMHO, default should be BTC in all things. You can check signature campaigns for instance, they pay in BTC and show the amount in BTC not in USD or any ither currency.

Muhammed Zakir, YES, funds are escrowed with the site. We have no hot wallet, actually no wallet on server at all. All deposits go to a cold storage and withdrawals are manually processed once a day following manual verification of accounts involved to be on the safe side.

How many employees do you have and how many of them have access to cold storage? Don't want it to get stolen or to get stuck for long time. It should atleast be twice(recommended) or thrice a day.

-MZ

daviswilla

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 04:32:08 PM

its really a great site.
DeboraMeeks

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 05:04:22 PM

DeboraMeeks, amounts are in USD for better understanding of price. I think its more appropriate to state milestone amounts in USD especially due the crpto-currency's current fluctuations. I might add XBT based milestone amount support in the future, tough, if there is demand for it.

Friend, BTC freelancer means IMHO, default should be BTC in all things. You can check signature campaigns for instance, they pay in BTC and show the amount in BTC not in USD or any ither currency.

Muhammed Zakir, YES, funds are escrowed with the site. We have no hot wallet, actually no wallet on server at all. All deposits go to a cold storage and withdrawals are manually processed once a day following manual verification of accounts involved to be on the safe side.

How many employees do you have and how many of them have access to cold storage? Don't want it to get stolen or to get stuck for long time. It should atleast be twice(recommended) or thrice a day.

-MZ

Yes, that's what I wanted to say, that if they are here to pay in BTC, then why are they showing the prices in USD?
It might be good to display BTC/USD value there, but I also drew their attention towards a feature which I think will be a boost to their site, as if let's say  the value of BTC will be $1000, they will show 0.1 for a $100 budget in BTC and if price of BTC is $200, it should show 0.5 for the same, I mean such a feature with auto-refresh of value in BTC would be a lot helpful.
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 05:57:04 PM

The site/service is very interesting.
Just it needs to be more moderated - I mean, for example someone is "looking to find a best friend" - this isn't too serious and it makes me think that many requests are not really serious.

But project is nice it just need some polishing.

Good luck.

Best regards.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 06:55:28 PM
Last edit: March 11, 2015, 08:40:19 PM by TheButterZone

Is anyone else not receiving any emails from the site? Missing 2 verification emails and 1 withdrawal confirmation. Not filtered as spam on client side.

Yes, me too.

I tried to confirm my email (tried 4 times already) but not receiving anything. Not filtered as spam either. Maybe it's an outgoing server problem on the XBTFreelancer.com site.

They said they use Google Apps for email. I'm pretty sure BTC-E does too. BTC-E effectively said in broken English that no email addresses are guaranteed to work unless they're @gmail.com. But the XBTF admin said other email domains work... just not my own or Cox.net.

I've removed myself from the directory and disabled email notifications since I don't want to use Gmail except in emergencies, for spamtrap, and logging in to other Google services.

ETA: They fixed it, nevermind.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
XBTFreelancer

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 08:08:06 PM

Just want to say that we fixed the e-mail issue. Problem found and new version had just been uploaded with a fix. We double checked and there doesn't seem to be any problem getting e-mails to non @gmail email addresses at the moment, BUT PLEASE if you see any problem or anything from now on just drop us a note.

XBTFreelancer

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 08:26:30 PM

Thanks for the comment, roslinpl. I removed the "need a best friend" project.

locopao
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 08:56:36 PM

Confirmed. Email verification problem is now fixed. I received the code and verified my email, i am using my personal / business email, not gmail. So i guess this will work for everybody now with no problem.

Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2015, 11:16:59 AM

You need to make a good ANN thread in Service Announcements.

Thanks for the comment, roslinpl. I removed the "need a best friend" project.

Please reply:

XBTFreelancer

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2015, 03:02:35 PM

Muhammed Zakir, Only I have access to wallet and there is nothing on server, wallet is a Trezor device

Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2015, 06:40:04 PM

Muhammed Zakir, Only I have access to wallet and there is nothing on server, wallet is a Trezor device

Thank you! Could you tell how many employees are there to check spam-projects? And also, I would suggest making a multisig wallet than just one wallet. It would be stuck for a long time because a person can't be active 24/7 and sending payments once a day isn't a good idea IMHO.

XBTFreelancer

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2015, 10:12:22 PM

we have 3 people monitoring projects. a client side multi-sig wallet has been thought upon, currently not scheduled for the next 3 months development plan. We have a list of new additions we would like to roll out first.

Withdrawals are monitored and processed manually to ensure the best possible security. We understand it takes more time to process withdrawals but for the time being and at the current payments pace, we prefer to do it this way while promising a less than 24 hrs processing time.

moshar

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 07:04:59 AM

Thanks so much for announcing/commenting.

I just got my bid accepted on a project. Been waiting for this kind of site. I love working for Bitcoin.
moshar

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 05:08:31 AM

Still around 260 freelancers all together. Do you need help marketing the site? I would love doing some work for Bitcoin marketing the site for you. PM me if interested.
moshar

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 09:19:32 AM

I can confirm getting paid BTC for a small gig.
bitcoinchalet

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 02:22:46 PM

Can also confirm I got paid.   Roll Eyes
Processing of withdrawal took about 2 hrs t arrive to my wallet from the moment I confirmed the withdrawal following requesting for it.

Overall looks like a an interesting way of obtaining more BTC.
amacar

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 08:27:01 PM

Can you paste links to jobs that you have done and be paid for?
bitcoinchalet

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 11:16:28 AM

Yes, this is the job I did:

https://www.xbtfreelancer.com/prj/7/need-a-simple-javascript-function-amended

And here is the BTC transaction of my withdrawal:

https://blockchain.info/tx/5c15dedccddf970add022fa4610864bec89fe8f436968f4dbba2b9cd5a75fe1e
XBTFreelancer

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2015, 09:42:00 PM

Thanks for the feedback.

If you have any questions or concerns I am here.

Just let me know.

lekevent (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 07:03:55 AM

Thanks for creating the site, I really like it. I will let you know if I have any questions.

I wanted to ask: Do you need help in marketing it?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: