Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:13:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [RESOLVED] Get-Bitcoin.com is a scam? (No, it isn't.)  (Read 1499 times)
jurdd (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 01:13:43 PM
Last edit: August 03, 2012, 05:34:22 PM by psy

Hello,

Yesterday I unfortunately purchased $60.00 worth of bitcoin from get-bitcoin.com.  I have yet to receive confirmation for this order...  The website says they have a 1 hour guarantee.  Now I see that this "guarantee" is just a lie.  Reading through the reviews, it also appears that this company employs shills to promote this company on forums (Bikerbum, malaimult).

I feel like a real fool for not doing my research before I sent them my money.

SCAMMERS!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2012, 01:18:12 PM

Have you contacted their support?

See a problem with the site? Have a question?
Contact us at info@get-bitcoin.com.

https://getbitcoin.zendesk.com/home

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
jurdd (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 03:12:03 PM

Have you contacted their support?

See a problem with the site? Have a question?
Contact us at info@get-bitcoin.com.

https://getbitcoin.zendesk.com/home

Yes - I have contacted their support numerous times.  No response.  This company is obviously a scam operation.  I just feel like a fool for sending them money before doing the research.
jurdd (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 04:25:21 PM

They are telling me that everything is handled through BitInstant, and that I should contact their support.  SCAM.
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2012, 04:28:39 PM

They are telling me that everything is handled through BitInstant, and that I should contact their support.  SCAM.

Whoa, relax.

You sent 3 emails within 30 minutes, please give us some time to respond. None of your emails included your order information

I sent you an email asking for order information, please respond ASAP.

Thanks

Charlie

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 04:30:15 PM

jurdd I am sure they aren't a scam.  BitInstant doesn't partner with scammers.  Also think about it.  A service offering same day delivery wouldn't be able to scam very long.  A service claiming to work with BitInstant but doesn't wouldn't last very long before being outed.

They (getbitcoin) may not have the best customer service but they aren't a scam.  I am confident you will get your funds.
jurdd (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 04:39:42 PM

They are telling me that everything is handled through BitInstant, and that I should contact their support.  SCAM.

Whoa, relax.

You sent 3 emails within 30 minutes, please give us some time to respond. None of your emails included your order information

Thanks

Charlie

Yeah - I wasn't getting any help until I sent support a link to this forum post.

Just give me my Bitcoin.
jurdd (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 04:41:04 PM

jurdd I am sure they aren't a scam.  BitInstant doesn't partner with scammers.  Also think about it.  A service offering same day delivery wouldn't be able to scam very long.  A service claiming to work with BitInstant but doesn't wouldn't last very long before being outed.

They (getbitcoin) may not have the best customer service but they aren't a scam.  I am confident you will get your funds.

Your opinion does not matter in this case.  They are not delivering on their guarantee.
dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 04:48:46 PM

The liability is limited to nothing based on the TOS for "delays", however, some states do not allow such limitation. If the buyer lives in Alabama, Connecticut, Kansas, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Mississippi, New Hampshire, Vermont, Washington, West Virginia, or the District of Columbia, they may sue or settle for damages.
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2012, 04:54:52 PM

Whoa, relax.

Thanks

Charlie

Yeah - I wasn't getting any help until I sent support a link to this forum post.

Just give me my Bitcoin.

This is the first time you emailed us sir.

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

jurdd (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 04:58:36 PM

Whoa, relax.

Thanks

Charlie

Just give me my Bitcoin.

Well, I have sent you the information -- are you waiting for a more favourable exchange rate?
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 05:05:34 PM

I love it when Silk Road users fuck it up or something goes wrong when buying BTC and they get an account here to try and solve their problems lol
dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 05:07:03 PM

The liability is limited to nothing based on the TOS for "delays", however, some states do not allow such limitation. If the buyer lives in Alabama, Connecticut, Kansas, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Mississippi, New Hampshire, Vermont, Washington, West Virginia, or the District of Columbia, they may sue or settle for damages.
Again, I will emphasize this point. Jurdd, can you confirm if you live in any of these states?

However, their website is intentionally misleading. This could warrant treatment as a scammer unless they asterisk the "guaranteed" part.
jurdd (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 05:08:01 PM

Again, I will emphasize this point. Jurdd, can you confirm if you live in any of these states?

However, their website is intentionally misleading. This could warrant treatment as a scammer unless they asterisk the "guaranteed" part.

They should.  This fact, and they only really started to help me after I publicized this forum topic.
jurdd (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 05:11:18 PM

I love it when Silk Road users fuck it up or something goes wrong when buying BTC and they get an account here to try and solve their problems lol

Hey slick.  Guess what, the problem resolved itself AFTER I posted here.
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2012, 05:12:57 PM

Whoa, relax.

Thanks

Charlie

Just give me my Bitcoin.

Well, I have sent you the information -- are you waiting for a more favourable exchange rate?

No, we already sent you the Bitcoins.

-Charlie

What are you guys talking about? We don't guarantee any BTC amount, only the amount of USD we will buy BTC with. Thats why its called an estimate.

They should.  This fact, and they only really started to help me after I publicized this forum topic.

Again, that is not true you sent Bitinstant 3 emails this morning. These were the first emails we ever got from you. Please don't make up stuff

We processed his orders and gave him the BTC price at Thu Aug 2 20:24:30 2012 GMT which is about 20 minutes after his deposit.

Bitinstant always honors our word  Smiley

OP- please change thread title.

No it didnt, it was resolved when you emailed Bitinstant this morning for the first time.

-Charlie

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 05:14:23 PM

The problem started to get solved after you emailed the right person.
That still doesn't negate what i said.
Thanks for the laughs, tho, slick.
jurdd (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 05:17:12 PM

You have "Bitcoin Scammers" linked on your signature...  This coupled with your tone suggests you are a hypocrite.  As things stand, my problem was resolved after posting about it here.  Would the same results be expected via Bitcoin Scammers?

Are you laying in the same financial bed as BitInstant and crew?

jurdd (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 05:18:27 PM

I guess the question is, what is your financial relationship with this crew you are defending?  And why are they not on your scammers website?
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 05:22:35 PM

You have "Bitcoin Scammers" linked on your signature...  This coupled with your tone suggests you are a hypocrite.  As things stand, my problem was resolved after posting about it here.  Would the same results be expected via Bitcoin Scammers?

Are you laying in the same financial bed as BitInstant and crew?

I don't think Charlie will be happy with that statement.

Why having such a link on my signature suggests I'm an hypocrite, mind explaining?
In fact if you posted there I bet they would email Charlie/Bitinstant right away to let them know and allow them to defend themselves.

I guess the question is, what is your financial relationship with this crew you are defending?  And why are they not on your scammers website?

Because they are not scammers and already proved themselves not to be scammers many times before.
Also because you didn't post it there. If you did they would be there, and the matter would be resolved the same way and the whole world would see they are not scammers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<moderator_hat>
Are you going to edit the title of your thread to let everyone know it's resolved or should I do it for you, slick?
</moderator_hat>
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: