Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 10:05:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This is not "it"  (Read 3616 times)
okthen (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 07:34:20 PM

So I've been seeing quite a lot of positive threads, and the feeling in general is quite bullish.
While I also had the same sentiment, I was recently looking at the charts (Bitstamp, 1 week) and noticed this:

[please excuse my 2 year old paint skills]
[when I say "looking at the charts" I mean it literally, no TA skills whatsoever...]

It seems we're going quite slowly. The last bull markets started quite fast, while these last weeks look more like what anticipated the final "crash" before the real bull run.
So basically, I think we'll still see another crash before the next bubble starts.

Morecoin Freeman

Activity: 854
Merit: 503

Legendary trader

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 07:36:07 PM

Nice painting!

Ask the stranger he knows who you really are.
Ultros

Activity: 471
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 07:36:59 PM

Bull markets don't start at "last red".
8up

Activity: 618

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 07:38:54 PM

At best you are here (after 2011 bubble).

Always wrong until not.
okthen (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 07:40:50 PM

Bull markets don't start at "last red".

Ok, maybe I misused the term bull market. I was referring to the fast, sharp rise we've seen before reaching a new ATH.
thezerg
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 07:41:24 PM

Not sure any bull thinks that this is the hyperbolic phase... ppl see the 160 low as the capitulation and now we could have up to a year of slowly rising (on average) prices.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 07:45:29 PM

i think it's better to see the price go up slowly but stable.
better slowly up than a pump followed by a dump. slow natural rise is what people want.
okthen (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 07:48:21 PM

Not sure any bull thinks that this is the hyperbolic phase... ppl see the 160 low as the capitulation and now we could have up to a year of slowly rising (on average) prices.

No, of course not everyone, but I've seen a lot of "This is gentlemen" photos lately Smiley
cramved

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 07:51:14 PM

I think the fluctuaions in the price are just chain reactions of people selling and buying due to changes in price i.e price goes down a bit everyone sells price goes up a bit everyone buys. If you want to find real crashes you have to look at larger time periods.
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 07:54:53 PM

So I've been seeing quite a lot of positive threads, and the feeling in general is quite bullish.
While I also had the same sentiment, I was recently looking at the charts (Bitstamp, 1 week) and noticed this:

[please excuse my 2 year old paint skills]
[when I say "looking at the charts" I mean it literally, no TA skills whatsoever...]

It seems we're going quite slowly. The last bull markets started quite fast, while these last weeks look more like what anticipated the final "crash" before the real bull run.
So basically, I think we'll still see another crash before the next bubble starts.

But you should learn some TA if you wanna comment on the charts. Even TA analysts are wrong all the time, so without basic notions it's hard trying to predict an always impossible to predict market.
HalFinneysBrain

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 08:06:13 PM

Bull markets dont START with parabolic blowoff tops, they end with them. 
Dont compare an early move in a young bull to the moves it makes at the end of a run.
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 08:49:20 PM

Not to shit on anyone's parade, but I added some points of interest to the OP's chart. Just what I see that is different this time. (in the volume chart)

This is a correction to the bearish trend. A counter trend suckers rally, if you will...

okthen (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 09:18:36 PM

Not to shit on anyone's parade, but I added some points of interest to the OP's chart. Just what I see that is different this time. (in the volume chart)

This is a correction to the bearish trend. A counter trend suckers rally, if you will...

You're right!
So it corroborates my suspicion Smiley No moon yet!
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 09:21:38 PM

You are short probably. Why not show the bitfinex volume instead? Or look down further at the MACD and see this has only just started moving.
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 09:39:42 PM

What you are searching is a hype from 2013, and u cant compare this steady growth with a hype. We will not have that burst in price this year, not unless something big happens.
For bitcoin price to still go to frenzy, whales should spend quite an amount of money, and that is not something they want, since the halving is still whole year ahead of us, they would have to
keep up daily miners dump to keep the price up and thats just too much fiat spent.
Nice greens as u name them will appear about easter next year, maybe month +/-.

cheers
okthen (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 09:41:26 PM

What you are searching is a hype from 2013, and u cant compare this steady growth with a hype. We will not have that burst in price this year, not unless something big happens.
For bitcoin price to still go to frenzy, whales should spend quite an amount of money, and that is not something they want, since the halving is still whole year ahead of us, they would have to
keep up daily miners dump to keep the price up and thats just too much fiat spent.
Nice greens as u name them will appear about easter next year, maybe month +/-.

cheers

You're right, I didn't look much to the previous bubbles, which actually would be more similar to this ones with long bear markets.
Dexter770221
Legendary

Activity: 1029

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 09:55:18 PM

You are now educated, and now you know how sexy green ends...

Compare it to women's. There's 2-3% (?) sexy women's in the world. Hanging with one will end MOSTLY with two cases:
a. You end totally broke
b. You end in psychiatric asylum

So. what's more important is 50-60% AVERAGE green...

Under development Modular UPGRADEABLE Miner (MUM). Looking for investors.
Changing one PCB with screwdriver and you have brand new miner in hand... Plug&Play, scalable from one module to thousands.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 10:07:58 PM

slowly climbing yes, but still there is some pesky movement, hidden manipulation to drive the price up and to allow some little fish to buy in
HalFinneysBrain

Activity: 201

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 10:13:55 PM

If this rally is going to turn into anything, it is going to be like the early rallies in 2012, off of the $2 bottom, which were followed by some sideways movement and higher lows.  Not the two big bubbles if 2013. 

Whether this is one of those early bull market moves, or just another trap during the bear market, its too early to tell.

Arghhh

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 11:14:02 PM

Way too fucking early for a rally.

First off, nobody is going anywhere without Gemini and the Bitlicense. Any premature rally will get dumped on by miners from China.

Secondly and somewhat related to first point: nobody is going anywhere without the big ETF, which is dependent on Gemini proving that the market in the West won't easily be raped by the Chinese dump monkeys.

Lastly and most importantly, we're constantly skirting with the blocksize limit. The moment volume picks up and we see tens of thousands of unconfirmed transactions disregarded into the void, the media will scream about how flaky bitcoin is as a method of payment, to which the newbs will dump coins faster than fat kid after eating Taco Bell.

In 2015, we are in the "2012" phase of quiet transition. Nobody is going anywhere after the 80% slow bleed. None. Infrastructure is building at a rapid phase and the mainstream media is none the wiser. This is in fact, a good thing.

Just wait until the Winkies gets their hall pass from Uncle Ben, the ETF gets their stamp from Uncle Sam, and Gavincoin goes live, then perhaps we are due for The Big Fucking Rally, and then it's lights out for fiat.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: