Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 07:31:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ECASH | Probably going to die really, really soon with no hosting nodes  (Read 30229 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
plast555

Activity: 951
Merit: 259

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 09:37:09 AM

Why the price is still low?
Phbaby, because after this changes, money supply will be huge, so expect the prices to go down to satoshis, if some super features aren't  developed for it and it wont have massive adoption (and under massive adoption I mean 100k+ users).

after what changes ? coin is still 8% daily so 8% is 8% doesn't matter if coinage is 1h or 24h, then, what 100k+ users ? watch the richlists from other coins, there are no more than 600 - 700 users Wink
I understand what you are talking, but there is nothing wrong with the coin that the price is low in the beginning, I think that just a few scared people has been dumping their coins, well volume in Bittrex is just 5 BTC
plast, good traders put into the price future expectations as well, and future is high supply, as the users decided last week in 3 days by voting.

I know, it is, and 420k sell wall instead people are staking and let the price go up, but as I said and 10k and Balls was the same as this one, and the price was pretty high...but what can we do now...just waiting, staking, positive thinking and that's it Wink
and I agree with you for the stake amount, I was in first place suggesting lower stake like 500% but people what I don't consider serious choose such nebulous stake.
JSpike

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 10:08:02 AM

Phbaby, because after this changes, money supply will be huge, so expect the prices to go down to satoshis, if some super features aren't  developed for it and it wont have massive adoption (and under massive adoption I mean 100k+ users).

after what changes ? coin is still 8% daily so 8% is 8% doesn't matter if coinage is 1h or 24h, then, what 100k+ users ? watch the richlists from other coins, there are no more than 600 - 700 users Wink
I understand what you are talking, but there is nothing wrong with the coin that the price is low in the beginning, I think that just a few scared people has been dumping their coins, well volume in Bittrex is just 5 BTC
plast, good traders put into the price future expectations as well, and future is high supply, as the users decided last week in 3 days by voting.

I know, it is, and 420k sell wall instead people are staking and let the price go up, but as I said and 10k and Balls was the same as this one, and the price was pretty high...but what can we do now...just waiting, staking, positive thinking and that's it Wink
and I agree with you for the stake amount, I was in first place suggesting lower stake like 500% but people what I don't consider serious choose such nebulous stake.

If we want we can still adjust it. Spots made it possible to easy change to lower if most of us like it. But most of us have to agree!
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 05:11:17 PM

If we want we can still adjust it. Spots made it possible to easy change to lower if most of us like it. But most of us have to agree!

Yep, easily changed later, but these are the percentages that were voted on

jeffery_dahmer

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 06:26:34 PM

yup. and spots did exactly what the votes decided on. you can change them if you want but you will have to poll the community again.

Still waiting, FrazzleNutz
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 07:26:26 PM

I sent out a tweet linking a post today with my info on it. Please pass this around so people know these fakes are happening

https://twitter.com/PurePoS/status/575374641029607424

JSpike

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 08:12:36 PM

I sent out a tweet linking a post today with my info on it. Please pass this around so people know these fakes are happening

Done.

Damn, last 18 stakes, 14 are generated but not accepted  Angry\
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 08:16:26 PM

Done.

Thanks

Doesn't matter, they will stake eventually  Wink

JSpike

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 08:22:03 PM

Done.

Thanks

Should be great, have a lot of them
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 08:31:14 PM

Done.

Thanks

Should be great, have a lot of them

If they are the same, or very similar amounts, chances are it's the same one orphaning over and over, then finally getting accepted. With such fast block times, this will happen. No forks will occur, though, as the checkpoint server is extremely stable

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 08:35:50 PM

I've added an option for ECASH on the GorillaStake Signup page. I'll get it on the main page, eventually, but I'll have to move some boxes around. Sign ups, however, are now open on GorillaStake Signup Page

bitxor

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 09:35:13 PM

Sorry about silly question but this staking mechanism is not familiar: so is it required to keep the wallet running all the time during the 8% per day period, or not? Tried to study this but there's no clear answer - some coins seems to be get aging based stakes even with wallet closing while in some other instructions they say wallet must be running...  Huh

Already noticed that shutting the wallet overnight will cause some bigger stakes when the wallet is turned on again, but hard to say is there any difference with income with these two ways.

If the wallet is kept running all the time there will be huge amount of transactions and they seem to increase the wallet.dat file size. I hope it would not be corrupted if there will be thousands of transactions due to staking?
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 09:37:17 PM

Sorry about silly question but this staking mechanism is not familiar: so is it required to keep the wallet running all the time during the 8% per day period, or not? Tried to study this but there's no clear answer - some coins seems to be get aging based stakes even with wallet closing while in some other instructions they say wallet must be running...  Huh

Already noticed that shutting the wallet overnight will cause some bigger stakes when the wallet is turned on again, but hard to say is there any difference with income with these two ways.

If the wallet is kept running all the time there will be huge amount of transactions and they seem to increase the wallet.dat file size. I hope it would not be corrupted if there will be thousands of transactions due to staking?

You will never stake any PoS coin with the client closed unless you are using GorillaStake.com

You are building up coinage, and missing out on compounding while the client is closed

bitxor

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 09:52:21 PM

You will never stake any PoS coin with the client closed unless you are using GorillaStake.com
Understood. So Raspberry Pi version of this wallet would be very nice to have..  Grin
It would be like a mining machine but consuming only couple watts of power...
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 09:58:50 PM

Understood. So Raspberry Pi version of this wallet would be very nice to have..  Grin

If only we had those for my other 3 coins already...hmmmm what could the GorillaStake Shop contain when it re-opens with stronger hardware....?   Kiss

BALLS actually has a nice script all set up for you to compile your own on a Pi. You could easily edit that to use my ECASH git and do the same thing if you have a Pi in hand. It takes about 20 minutes to set up the dependencies and another 3 hours to compile the client on a B+ (all automated by the script, you just run it and wait for it to finish), but you might have problems using a B+ for 10k or ECASH because of the insane speeds

You can run MMXIV and BALLS on a B+ and stake both at the same time with no problem at all

bitxor

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 10:31:06 PM

you might have problems using a B+ for 10k or ECASH because of the insane speeds
Hmm.. Maybe with Raspberry Pi 2? It should have 6x more performance due to it's quad-core CPU (if that's the problem). Maybe I will get one and have a try this.. just for fun & study. I have couple of B+'s used to control old scrypt USB miners for example. By the way.. is the wallet.dat from windows wallet compatible with Linux wallets? If it's based on same source code I think it should be?
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 10:37:47 PM

you might have problems using a B+ for 10k or ECASH because of the insane speeds
Hmm.. Maybe with Raspberry Pi 2? It should have 6x more performance due to it's quad-core CPU (if that's the problem). Maybe I will get one and have a try this.. just for fun & study. I have couple of B+'s used to control old scrypt USB miners for example. By the way.. is the wallet.dat from windows wallet compatible with Linux wallets? If it's based on same source code I think it should be?

Yes

rhegie13

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 11:05:01 PM

Maybe the price of this coin will rise if it can be accepted by merchants and consumers.. I like the idea of fresh coin which is accepted by game developers and can be used in games or sell to gamers with Paypal.
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 11:59:03 PM

Understood. So Raspberry Pi version of this wallet would be very nice to have..  Grin

If only we had those for my other 3 coins already...hmmmm what could the GorillaStake Shop contain when it re-opens with stronger hardware....?   Kiss

BALLS actually has a nice script all set up for you to compile your own on a Pi. You could easily edit that to use my ECASH git and do the same thing if you have a Pi in hand. It takes about 20 minutes to set up the dependencies and another 3 hours to compile the client on a B+ (all automated by the script, you just run it and wait for it to finish), but you might have problems using a B+ for 10k or ECASH because of the insane speeds

You can run MMXIV and BALLS on a B+ and stake both at the same time with no problem at all

Spots to compile the wallets on a PI 2 B can you use Raspbian or must you use Snappy Ubuntu?
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 12:13:13 AM

Spots to compile the wallets on a PI 2 B can you use Raspbian or must you use Snappy Ubuntu?

I've only used Raspbian, but that BALLS script works on my Ubuntu desktop just fine

droidgreg30

Activity: 26

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 03:09:27 AM

I am sorry if this has already been answered, I have been trying to keep up with the threads...  How long do coins sent to the wallet take to mature before staking?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: