Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:23:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ► ► ► Cryptonic PHYSICAL MONERO  (Read 19042 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 09:48:46 PM

Hi
I got one coin in end of October or beginning of December 2014. And back then i was told this:

"They have just been created. A first test batch. They are different from existing physical bitcoins as don't include keys on its back side. Instead they have unique IDs that can be binded to any Monero address within our site that is still in alpha and need more testing."

Now since i read you had 100 coins made in 2014 i assume my coin was one of those 100 but was sent first shipping.
My coin have 7 number unique ID printed on it. Is/will be there possibility to bind it with Monero address?

I actually dont really mind that (usually coins with a flaw gain value) but am curious, since just saw on Monero forum 5 months old talks about using " two sets of 7 random base58 characters" for physical coins.
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1968

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 09:54:59 PM

Hi
I got one coin in end of October or beginning of December 2014. And back then i was told this:

"They have just been created. A first test batch. They are different from existing physical bitcoins as don't include keys on its back side. Instead they have unique IDs that can be binded to any Monero address within our site that is still in alpha and need more testing."

Now since i read you had 100 coins made in 2014 i assume my coin was one of those 100 but was sent first shipping.
My coin have 7 number unique ID printed on it. Is/will be there possibility to bind it with Monero address?

I actually dont really mind that (usually coins with a flaw gain value) but am curious, since just saw on Monero forum 5 months old talks about using " two sets of 7 random base58 characters" for physical coins.

If you go to cryptonic.net, scroll all the way to bottom of the first page, then use the "Validate" button to find details specific about your coin using the two sets of letters and numbers on the coin's edge.

Edit, wait do you only have one set of numbers on your coin's edge? I don't think this will work, but I'm sure cryptonic21 will reply regardless. Wink

These guys keep amazing me, thanks again cryptonic21! Smiley

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
cryptonic21 (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 101

Physical Monero coins

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2015, 03:23:38 AM

Hi

It's not a problem if you have an ancient coin with the single ID. It should work as well. I have just sent you activation code in PM. Just fill in the first ID.

cryptonic21 (OP)

Physical Monero coins

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2015, 03:24:58 AM

Hi

If you go to cryptonic.net, scroll all the way to bottom of the first page, then use the "Validate" button to find details specific about your coin using the two sets of letters and numbers on the coin's edge.

Edit, wait do you only have one set of numbers on your coin's edge? I don't think this will work, but I'm sure cryptonic21 will reply regardless. Wink

These guys keep amazing me, thanks again cryptonic21! Smiley

Thank you very much!

We thought about it and it should work as well! The early coins with single ID are also OK.

owlcatz
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 05:34:07 PM

I just got my coin back from ANACS - Not too bad! Smiley

Looking forward to Blazedout419's grade! Wink

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
Harpua

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Spastic dead-eyed hound.

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 04:00:47 AM

So I'm confused... are there no holograms that come with this or is there no need for the hologram?  They look very nice though and am thinking of ordering one  Grin
cryptonic21 (OP)

Physical Monero coins

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 07:42:37 AM
Last edit: September 21, 2015, 07:54:07 AM by cryptonic21

So I'm confused... are there no holograms that come with this or is there no need for the hologram?  They look very nice though and am thinking of ordering one  Grin

No need for holograms. Each coin has its unique base58 ID that can be linked to any wallet.

At this moment it's fully functional with Bitcoin wallets at cryptonic.net but in the future it can be much more interesting with Monero wallets: https://forum.getmonero.org/4/academic-and-technical/221/creating-a-standard-for-physical-coins

The pure silver Monero coins have a good potential for rising collectors value as each batch is limited so the coins are very rare. Next batch will be also little different than the current one.

Only 27 coins are in stock at this moment.

Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2015, 02:07:35 AM

I just got my coin back from ANACS also! I really love how much the color adds to these coins when you look at them. It is refreshing to see something besides silver/gilt. The DCAM designation shows that the coins were minted at a quality place which adds to them quite a bit. The only real downside with slabbing these guys is that you can not read the rim afterward. I personally hold some XMR and think that anyone who likes XMR should own 1 or 2 of these coins. I did just post these images in the #Monero IRC chan and others were impressed with it also.

This coin is Blazedout419 approved  Tongue

(Scuffs are on the slab)

hodlmybtc

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2015, 12:52:09 AM

I just got my coin back from ANACS also! I really love how much the color adds to these coins when you look at them. It is refreshing to see something besides silver/gilt. The DCAM designation shows that the coins were minted at a quality place which adds to them quite a bit. The only real downside with slabbing these guys is that you can not read the rim afterward. I personally hold some XMR and think that anyone who likes XMR should own 1 or 2 of these coins. I did just post these images in the #Monero IRC chan and others were impressed with it also.

(Scuffs are on the slab)

Very nice!
LieTOme

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 08:20:59 AM

(Scuffs are on the slab)

Very nice!
This is indeed very cool. I hope that all developers can create like this
Furio
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 08:39:05 AM

I need the update my thread I see Smiley

Pre order over, people are recieving them i see

cryptonic21 (OP)

Physical Monero coins

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2015, 10:28:58 AM

Thanks a lot. The silver plated coins are not in stock at this moment.

The .999 pure silver coins are in stock!

https://cryptonic.net/product/order/4/

cryptonic21 (OP)

Physical Monero coins

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2015, 09:54:59 AM

The next shipment of the coins is scheduled for October 8. Now is the good time to order for the rapid delivery. ~ 10% discount for these days.

owlcatz
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 02:09:07 PM

The next shipment of the coins is scheduled for October 8. Now is the good time to order for the rapid delivery. ~ 10% discount for these days.

Thanks for the info. I can't recall, but is this next batch another 50 of the same, or do you have a new design?

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
cryptonic21 (OP)

Physical Monero coins

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2015, 03:02:42 PM

Thanks for the info. I can't recall, but is this next batch another 50 of the same, or do you have a new design?

It's still the same batch. We are going to initiate the production of the new coins with different design when the majority of already produced coins will find their owners.

Harpua

Spastic dead-eyed hound.

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 05:52:55 PM

Would it be fine if I were to pre order one, or have one reserved... and then ship it later?  I'm about to move to a completely new city in probably a month and would prefer to have free shipping if possible. It would be really cool to have on of these, but I'm not sure where to ship it too, because where I'm moving too is still up in the air.
cryptonic21 (OP)

Physical Monero coins

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2015, 11:35:29 AM

Would it be fine if I were to pre order one, or have one reserved... and then ship it later?  I'm about to move to a completely new city in probably a month and would prefer to have free shipping if possible. It would be really cool to have on of these, but I'm not sure where to ship it too, because where I'm moving too is still up in the air.

No problem! Your coin will wait for you. We will ship it later to your new address later. You can just fill in any address and tell me in PM that it's your order.

Thank you!

cryptonic21 (OP)

Physical Monero coins

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2015, 05:09:52 PM
Last edit: October 26, 2015, 02:21:57 PM by cryptonic21

22 pure silver coins are left in stock. The next shipment is scheduled for the end of the month.

Harpua

Spastic dead-eyed hound.

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 11:05:12 PM

22 pure silver coins are left in stock. The next shipment is scheduled for the end of the month.

Just sent you a PM Grin... The coins look fantastic by the way, hope I can snag one before it's too late!
cryptonic21 (OP)

Physical Monero coins

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2015, 01:16:13 PM

I was browsing old emails earlier today and found by accident few funny photos. Some recalled memories made me smile and start thinking about interdependence of everything in this world.

Back in the days of February 2014 while we were slowly working through the steps of setting up our coin project I had initially contacted a jeweler who promised to create a nice coin for us. We made a little prepayment on April 10 and received photo of a wax model on April 22.

As you remember Monero was announced on April 9 and launched on April 18. We did not have any clue about Monero at that time and initially thought about a physical Bitcoin. But Synchronicity and Quantum Entanglement determined the subsequent developments.

The wax model was OK but not perfect. Anyway we decided to proceed with it and move on to a prototype. It took quite a long time to wait as they found a mistake in the first mold and started creating it from scratch.

On May 26 waiting for a plane I received the following email from the jeweler. It really made my day.

"I have a bad news. I know it is a little ridiculous, my caster already set the wax for the master on the wax tree, but because we have long holiday last week, they keep them not in secure place so it got eaten by mouse..."

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: