Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:48:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The next bitcoin bubble will be massive  (Read 15286 times)
bb113 (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 08:01:33 PM

Prediction: You will be able to sell 1 btc for 120 USD in mid-october 2012.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2012, 08:03:57 PM

So what's your magic formula for telling apart a "burp" and a peak?
bb113 (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 08:14:39 PM

Just the consistency of the timing.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2012, 08:17:53 PM

and what if it takes longer than expected?
bb113 (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 08:20:11 PM

Then I'll be wrong.
westkybitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 08:22:22 PM

*checks Mt. Gox*

*sees a last price of $11.09801*

Huh. Yeah, I could see it. Not gonna bet the farm, but it doesn't seem unreasonable.

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
bb113 (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 08:37:38 PM

This was meant for speculation (obviously). Please move if you see this, mods. Sorry about that, someone was talking to me as I was posting it...
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 11:29:41 PM

I don't think the same scenario will happen exactly for a second time. People are remembering that big bubble and will avoid another one. Also, the market is getting stronger and more people are involve in bitcoin than last year so we will probably not see a big collapse after a big rise on the pricing. I think bitcoin has get more maturity and is ready for something else.

FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2012, 11:48:33 PM

I don't think the same scenario will happen exactly for a second time. People are remembering that big bubble and will avoid another one. Also, the market is getting stronger and more people are involve in bitcoin than last year so we will probably not see a big collapse after a big rise on the pricing. I think bitcoin has get more maturity and is ready for something else.

People will remember, this ramp up will last a looooong time because the cautious will hold back and buy on dips. Eventually people will again mostly have available the idea that it only goes up, then it'll go up faster for a while and then down, probably to some low multiple of the last stable region.

Of course a lot of people won't -remember- they'll just see the data and hear some stories which will weaken that effect some.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
bb113 (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 11:57:48 PM

Keep in mind how many people have no concept at all of how markets work. I didn't when I first bought in.
calian

Activity: 354
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 04, 2012, 12:03:24 AM

I predict a buying opportunity around $13 some time between October '12 and the end of February '13. Then back to never-
ending bull run.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2012, 12:08:01 AM

I predict a buying opportunity around $13 some time between October '12 and the end of February '13. Then back to never-
ending bull run.

I think you are right on the timing, I'd think on the late side of that. I have no idea about the price, probably $8-20. I think it really depends on the amount of old coins that people still have access to vs just waiting to use. Even if the old amount that comes back into circulation diminishes it will be a bigger factor because of the reduced supply inflation we're heading into.

bb113 (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2012, 12:17:51 AM

In my opinion, at this point it would be foolish if someone with the funds did not pump the price to the levels mentioned in the OP. Lots of money to be made by doing that. Of course there are always those kurtosis risk events.
Shadow383

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 04, 2012, 12:29:51 AM

Yes, because as everyone knows markets always repeat exactly the same patterns over and over again in precisely the same way with no variance  Roll Eyes

Ask yourself this:
What would a BTCST implosion do to people's willingness to buy and invest in bitcoin?
As much as the silk road's volume is up, I imagine much of this activity is based on people channelling money into various "investment" schemes.
bb113 (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2012, 12:39:10 AM

Yes, because as everyone knows markets always repeat exactly the same patterns over and over again in precisely the same way with no variance  Roll Eyes

Ask yourself this:
What would a BTCST implosion do to people's willingness to buy and invest in bitcoin?
As much as the silk road's volume is up, I imagine much of this activity is based on people channelling money into various "investment" schemes.

Ask yourself the same...that will be bitcoin's 2008, occurring sometime after october 2012. After this we will have a mature market that has learned the lessons of the last 40 years of FRNs in a span of 3-4 yrs.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2012, 12:39:21 AM

Ask yourself this:

No one is going to lose -bitcoins- even if he defaults all that is lost is promised coins. If anything that will remind people that bitcoins are valuable and promises are suspect. Even if people misunderstand it can't hurt price much because people who are in a justifiably foul mood about the whole thing won't have coins to unload and people who avoided it will just feel clever.

FreeMoney
Legendary

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2012, 12:40:04 AM

Ask yourself this:

Ask yourself the same...that will be bitcoin's 2008, occurring sometime after october 2012. After this we will have a mature market that has learned the lessons of the last 40 years of FRNs in a span of 3-4 yrs.

Except it will be totally different than 2008. Anyone who wants their coins back will have to buy or earn them. No one has the magic to dilute the pool.

bb113 (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2012, 12:51:35 AM

Ask yourself this:

Except it will be totally different than 2008. Anyone who wants their coins back will have to buy or earn them. No one has the magic to dilute the pool.

This is what I think is the whole point of the experiment. Price and adoption need to rise in order to motivate developers to deal with pruning, etc before it is too late.
foo

Activity: 409

View Profile
August 04, 2012, 01:28:08 AM

This was meant for speculation (obviously). Please move if you see this, mods. Sorry about that, someone was talking to me as I was posting it...
You can click "Report to moderator" and request a move.

I know this because Tyler knows this.
01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 04, 2012, 01:39:45 AM

I've sold my house last week. Documents should be signed within 2 weeks at the notary and I will then convert some of the funds into BTC.

Watch-out for the bubble when I hit the market  Grin
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: