Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:34:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I start an Escrow Service?  (Read 1253 times)
KaChingCoinDev (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 05:25:24 PM

I would love to do so, I just don't know if I am a high enough rank. What do you think?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 05:41:54 PM

I would love to do so, I just don't know if I am a high enough rank. What do you think?

First I suggest you to move this thread in the "service discussion" section (I'm telling you that because I do not want report the thread to a staff member |much work|).

Second, before start to provide an escrow service, you should participate actively here in the forum and help the other users and then "maybe" you can start to provide an escrow service (I hope free).

Thanks for the attention.
KaChingCoinDev (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 05:52:21 PM

First I suggest you to move this thread in the "service discussion" section (I'm telling you that because I do not want report the thread to a staff member |much work|).

Second, before start to provide an escrow service, you should participate actively here in the forum and help the other users and then "maybe" you can start to provide an escrow service (I hope free).

Thanks for the attention.

Moved Wink

It would definitely be free to start, with tips appreciated. How much more active do I need to be?
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 08:27:23 PM

You have quite a bit of trust on here however I think you have a bit to learn about how the forum works and how various trades take place. If you are escrow then there will be no shortage of people trying to scam you and you need to anticipate these scam attempts and take steps from them being successful.
KaChingCoinDev (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 08:28:24 PM

You have quite a bit of trust on here however I think you have a bit to learn about how the forum works and how various trades take place. If you are escrow then there will be no shortage of people trying to scam you and you need to anticipate these scam attempts and take steps from them being successful.

Okay, thanks. I am sure people will try to scam me, I was going to start by escrowing only small purchases. Then, if it does turn into a scam and somehow something goes awry I can always reimburse them.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 08:33:38 PM

Okay, thanks. I am sure people will try to scam me, I was going to start by escrowing only small purchases. Then, if it does turn into a scam and somehow something goes awry I can always reimburse them.
That can get very expensive very quickly. That is an appropriate response when you are an escrow for that kind of trade however you may not be able to accurately know if someone is telling the truth about various facts.

There are no requirements for starting an escrow service and it is a free market and you are free to do so but I would stand by my above advice to you.
KaChingCoinDev (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 08:35:23 PM

That can get very expensive very quickly. That is an appropriate response when you are an escrow for that kind of trade however you may not be able to accurately know if someone is telling the truth about various facts.

There are no requirements for starting an escrow service and it is a free market and you are free to do so but I would stand by my above advice to you.

Understood. Thank you for your advice. I might open up a escrow service for giggles, and see if anyone is interested. But not without careful consideration.
Dajve

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 09:01:33 PM

I suppose youve got more feedback than the usual people I see here trying to start escrowing, though I'm not sure if this forum needs new ones to be honest. I think all escrowers should be also very active and highly trusted with previous experience of escrowing deals (if you're active peeps will probably ask you to escrow deals for them). I think that's how most start off any ways.
gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 09:03:57 PM

It is all a question of trust, that's what I got as an answer when I asked the same question to one of my friends here...
If you are trustworthy, then you might start a service and someone someday might pick you up for their deal... Smiley

Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 09:07:34 PM

Why does everyone want to be an escrow is the real question? I sometimes get roped into it, and to me it seems like a real hassle lol. Can anyone tell me the benefit besides maybe some small tips here and there?
KaChingCoinDev (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 09:09:37 PM

Why does everyone want to be an escrow is the real question? I sometimes get roped into it, and to me it seems like a real hassle lol. Can anyone tell me the benefit besides maybe some small tips here and there?

Many reasons:

A. Help people out
B. Build up trust
C. Maybe eventually I could charge for my service
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 09:17:11 PM

Many reasons:

A. Help people out
B. Build up trust

Fair enough then... I wouldn't have an issue using you for an escrow for what it is worth.
KaChingCoinDev (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 09:18:58 PM

Many reasons:

A. Help people out
B. Build up trust

Fair enough then... I wouldn't have an issue using you for an escrow for what it is worth.

Okay, thanks. Glad to see someone trusts me. Especially with that someone being you Wink
gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 09:26:07 PM

Okay, thanks. Glad to see someone trusts me. Especially with that someone being you Wink

Hey, don't forget I am also there... Wink
I might use your services whenever and wherever required in future, soon...

KaChingCoinDev (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 09:27:32 PM

Hey, don't forget I am also there... Wink
I might use your services whenever and wherever required in future, soon...

Awesome! Grin
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 10:36:19 PM

Aren't there more than enough already? https://www.bitrated.com/explore

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Monetizer

Activity: 812

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 10:38:31 PM

You can if you wish but from what I can see with most people if you are in it for the money you are unlikely to make to much for a bit of time and effort.
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 11:24:13 PM

No, u should not.
KaChingCoinDev (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 11:52:20 PM

You can if you wish but from what I can see with most people if you are in it for the money you are unlikely to make to much for a bit of time and effort.

Totally Understood

On this forum? There are a few yes, but never hurts to have too many.

No, u should not.

Elaborate?
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 02:38:57 AM

On this forum? There are a few yes, but never hurts to have too many.

Last time I looked at the escrow list, it was tl;dr long and probably had people on it who can't do it anymore. Also, with the ability to sell accounts, any escrow account could be sold to a criminal at any time, and with a little work, nobody would notice or be able to prove that happened before the escrow scams became successful. Maybe Bitrated has the same problem, IDK.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: