Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 07:23:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Someone tried to get into my blockchain.  (Read 2293 times)
BlackTradeCapital (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 02:29:06 PM

I don't know who and I don't know how but someone tried to log into my blockchain , it send me an email if I authorize it and I deleted the email and did not authorized anything but it kinda scared me , what should I do now? Is everything alright or should I do something about it?
EcuaMobi
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1469

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 02:58:48 PM

I don't know who and I don't know how but someone tried to log into my blockchain , it send me an email if I authorize it and I deleted the email and did not authorized anything but it kinda scared me , what should I do now? Is everything alright or should I do something about it?

Everything's fine. I you didn't authorize it they couldn't get in.

Do you have 2FA enabled?
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 03:16:10 PM

you can try to transfer the fund to another blockchain accout, or get them out from them directly, if you feel unsafe
EcuaMobi
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 03:21:43 PM

you can try to transfer the fund to another blockchain accout, or get them out from them directly, if you feel unsafe

There's no reason to do this. The only information the attacker has is OP's short name. They don't even have his UUID.
BlackTradeCapital (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 03:35:24 PM

I did a full check on my computer , there seems to be no virus or anything malware involved ( not that I understand anything like that , I had avast and did a full check Cheesy ) so hopefully it was a one time thing.

btw , I do not have alias , I only have the full numbers and letters , so they cant have my alias . Not sure how they found out about my identifier tough. That was the scary part.
EcuaMobi
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 03:39:31 PM

I did a full check on my computer , there seems to be no virus or anything malware involved ( not that I understand anything like that , I had avast and did a full check Cheesy ) so hopefully it was a one time thing.

btw , I do not have alias , I only have the full numbers and letters , so they cant have my alias . Not sure how they found out about my identifier tough. That was the scary part.

You don't have an alias? So they do have your UUID?
They're still far away from getting into your account but I wonder how they got that.

In this case at least make sure you have 2FA and you may consider creating a new wallet with a new UUID.

BlackTradeCapital (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 03:46:08 PM

Yeah that was the scary part , I will do that but still , if they got my identifier , what else do they have ? if I have no virus or malware shown , how did they got that and how can I block it? Thats what worries me . I need to reset my online presense I think.
EcuaMobi
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 03:47:56 PM

Yeah that was the scary part , I will do that but still , if they got my identifier , what else do they have ? if I have no virus or malware shown , how did they got that and how can I block it? Thats what worries me . I need to reset my online presense I think.

It's impossible for us to know how they got that.
I guess you didn't share it anywhere?
Do you think it's possible the accessed your email?
Or did you log in from a shared computer?
BlackTradeCapital (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 03:52:37 PM

İ dont knot but its scary
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 03:59:14 PM

That is scary. You are being targeted. If I were using a windows machine and the BTC amount was large I would dump it and install Linux. Even a clean virus scan does not mean you are safe. I know that seems paranoid, but paranoid is good thinking when you know someone is out to get your coins.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
BlackTradeCapital (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 04:04:20 PM

I dont even have that much coin i only have like 0.06 left right now afrer
İ bought some stuff . Would a formating help? I dont want to yse linux it sounds complicated buy i have win 7 and this could be great time to upgrade to win 8 . I am not sure if that would help tough would it? The thing in mind is they couldnt get to my coins but what if they have something else?
EcuaMobi
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 04:06:00 PM

İ bought some stuff . Would a formating help? I dont want to yse linux it sounds complicated buy i have win 7 and this could be great time to upgrade to win 8 . I am not sure if that would help tough would it? The thing in mind is they couldnt get to my coins but what if they have something else?

I don't think upgrading from windows 7 to windows 8 would help.
You need to decide whether your information is worth switching to Linux.
RodeoX
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 04:13:03 PM

I think it would possibly fix any malware you have and may buy you some time. The problem with winxx is that you don't know what it can do. It is closed source and so you don't really own it. Using linux is not a guarantee either. But being open source it can be trusted more.
If Microsoft has a backdoor for whatever reason and the black hat hackers find out... All windows computers would be at risk. The amount you have is not a huge incentive, but since stealing BTC is a crime one will get away with it is still a risk.

Check out Ubuntu. It's free and you can install it along with windows and select it at boot up. It is no harder to use than windows. About as different as Mac is from windows.
http://www.ubuntu.com/

BlackTradeCapital (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 04:17:18 PM

Even tough i do not have that much valueable stuff ( couple facebook some websites etc nothing financial more like personal stuff ) i am thinking about getting rid of my old computer and getting a new one that sounds easier then linux . That would definetly work right?
EcuaMobi
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 04:18:50 PM

Even tough i do not have that much valueable stuff ( couple facebook some websites etc nothing financial more like personal stuff ) i am thinking about getting rid of my old computer and getting a new one that sounds easier then linux . That would definetly work right?

Do you mean a new computer with Windows?

You would definitely get rid of any malware you may have now but again you'd be on a closed source OS so you may have the same problem in the future.
Nerazzura

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 04:22:20 PM

Examples of cases that can be found, the A promised gift to the B 0008 BTC / wallet, to get the gift Person A asks private key wallet made before the month of May, and yougive the private key of your wallet to him then do not be surprised if the contents of your Bitcoin will expire or be reduced gradually as the A already has the private key of your wallet on which heimported into his wallet services so your wallet is already in the hands of A, if person A wants to take or send Bitcoin is in your wallet to wallet address other then the A can do so without the need to go into your wallet service account. Never give the private key of your wallet
LuckyBtc
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1012

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 04:23:04 PM
Last edit: March 11, 2015, 04:33:26 PM by LuckyBtc

Just ditch your BC wallet and start using Electrum or other wallet. Someone is trying to steal your funds.
I think someone has made a script or something to guess UUID?

Edit
RodeoX
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 04:24:19 PM

Yes. Unless they have your online credentials rather than a spy on your computer. But I would say it's worth trying an Ubuntu install next to Winxx. I say this because it's free and simple, and it is a much better OS. It will make your old computer sing like new. I'm typing this on a ThinkPad I bought used for $75. That was 4-5 years ago? Unlike Windows, Linux does not junk up over time and slow down. I tried it and now I never use win. When I have to do something on a win computer I am reminded how slow and inefficient it is. Winn is always doing something? The HDD is screaming away doing God knows what. With Linux it does ONLY what I tell it to do. It's miles ahead.

EcuaMobi
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 04:24:27 PM

It's been happened to me as well. I have 2FA enabled so i don't have to worry a lot. I've changed my alias name as soon i saw the email with unauthorized login attempt. It didn't happen again though i changed alias to something stupid long name with number etc..
You can change alias name and increase the length of your alias or use Electrum or some other wallet. Smiley

The problem is different here. OP doesn't have an alias, that was my first guess too.
So somebody got his long UUID.
BlackTradeCapital (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 04:32:41 PM

Yeah i think we have the "how" locked down i told my wife about it and she said someone send her facebook friend request and she clicked the email and it forwaeded to a phising website but she says she saw that and did not put her email and password in just closed the tab and deleted the email. Would someone get this by just clicking email?
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: