Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 05:59:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Someone tried to get into my blockchain.  (Read 2293 times)
EcuaMobi
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1469

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 04:34:11 PM

Yeah i think we have the "how" locked down i told my wife about it and she said someone send her facebook friend request and she clicked the email and it forwaeded to a phising website but she says she saw that and did not put her email and password in just closed the tab and deleted the email. Would someone get this by just clicking email?

I don't think so, unless something got installed. If she really just closed the page immediately I don't see how it could steal any information.
tatu

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 04:41:41 PM

Sounds like a phising email to me. Never click the links directly if you're not sure. Use a bookmark so you know you've got the correct address.

I dont even have that much coin i only have like 0.06 left right now afrer
İ bought some stuff . Would a formating help? I dont want to yse linux it sounds complicated buy i have win 7 and this could be great time to upgrade to win 8 . I am not sure if that would help tough would it? The thing in mind is they couldnt get to my coins but what if they have something else?
Just ditch your BC wallet and start using Electrum or other wallet. Someone is trying to steal your funds.
I think someone has made a script or something to guess UUID?

Edit

Well that wouldn't help if he downloaded malware keylogger.
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1353

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 04:46:35 PM

I don't know who and I don't know how but someone tried to log into my blockchain , it send me an email if I authorize it and I deleted the email and did not authorized anything but it kinda scared me , what should I do now? Is everything alright or should I do something about it?

The best thing to do is to enable 2FA if you want to continue using your blockchain account. If you are getting worried that much, then go and transfer the wallet balance to a wallet that you have the complete control of. In that way you'll feel secure and whatever happens to your coins, it is already your fault.
LuckyBtc
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1012

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 04:47:54 PM

Sounds like a phising email to me. Never click the links directly if you're not sure. Use a bookmark so you know you've got the correct address.

İ bought some stuff . Would a formating help? I dont want to yse linux it sounds complicated buy i have win 7 and this could be great time to upgrade to win 8 . I am not sure if that would help tough would it? The thing in mind is they couldnt get to my coins but what if they have something else?
Just ditch your BC wallet and start using Electrum or other wallet. Someone is trying to steal your funds.

Edit

He's not sure if he has downloaded a keylogger as he said his wife opened a phishing link and closed it immediately and has a antivirus installed. So, I highly doubt there's a keylogger installed.
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1353

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 04:55:21 PM

Edit

He's not sure if he has downloaded a keylogger as he said his wife opened a phishing link and closed it immediately and has a antivirus installed. So, I highly doubt there's a keylogger installed.

Antivirus can sometimes be annoying, but most of the time they are helpful. Good thing that there are no keyloggers installed or whatsoever. And as for such links, don't click those immediately and think about it before clicking as it may or might harm your computer and your funds as well.
BlackTradeCapital (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 04:59:48 PM

The point is not only the coins its all passwords , the thing is we do not know how much information the hacker has maybe he only had the blockchain or maybe he has a whole lot more and the last one scares me . Blockchain one is easy i will just move the coins to a new one but if he is too deep inside he might have everything and maybe even will have the new ones as i change it
Rimmer

Activity: 22

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 05:02:08 PM

Edit

KEyloggers can be downloaded and installed within seconds and anti-viruses will not protect you against all threats. In fact, they wont protect you very well at all from sophisticated programs so I wouldn't think you're safe just because you have an anti virus installed.
BlackTradeCapital (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 05:15:40 PM

Yeah i know unfortunatetly . Lets say i have a keylogger (thiugh this person only tried to access my wallet only all other websites are untouched) would win7->win8-> formatting would help? I am considering getting a new vomputer anyway . Eventually this looks like it is definetly be over if i get a new computer right?
EcuaMobi
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 05:20:12 PM

Yeah i know unfortunatetly . Lets say i have a keylogger (thiugh this person only tried to access my wallet only all other websites are untouched) would win7->win8-> formatting would help? I am considering getting a new vomputer anyway . Eventually this looks like it is definetly be over if i get a new computer right?

Either re-formatting or getting a new computer will solve it for now.
The problem is you could get it again, or it's even possible you have malware in the backup files you get and you may pass it to your new computer when restoring your files Sad

BlackTradeCapital (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 05:31:26 PM

Yeah i wont move anything to the new computer other then some pictures and documents in word and excel . Is there any possibilty of pictures or documents be contiminated? I dont think so but it doesnt hurt to ask.

Also if he has something sophisticated to find my identifier why hasnt he touched anything else?that suspense is right out of /r/nosleep for me.
LuckyBtc
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1012

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 05:37:00 PM

Yeah i know unfortunatetly . Lets say i have a keylogger (thiugh this person only tried to access my wallet only all other websites are untouched) would win7->win8-> formatting would help?
If somehow Keyogger has been installed on your PC it will affect only your current system. If you format it  with a CD/DVD and install a fresh copy of windows then you're safe.

I am considering getting a new vomputer anyway . Eventually this looks like it is definetly be over if i get a new computer right?
Yes, you won't have any problem unless you mistakenly visit any malicious/Phishing website.

Yeah i wont move anything to the new computer other then some pictures and documents in word and excel . Is there any possibilty of pictures or documents be contiminated? I dont think so but it doesnt hurt to ask.

Also if he has something sophisticated to find my identifier why hasnt he touched anything else?that suspense is right out of /r/nosleep for me.
Scan those files before moving to new PC. You can also scan file on virustotal.com (Online Scanner up to 128mb).
DeboraMeeks

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 05:39:10 PM

I don't know who and I don't know how but someone tried to log into my blockchain , it send me an email if I authorize it and I deleted the email and did not authorized anything but it kinda scared me , what should I do now? Is everything alright or should I do something about it?
Examples of cases that can be found, the A promised gift to the B 0008 BTC / wallet, to get the gift Person A asks private key wallet made before the month of May, and yougive the private key of your wallet to him then do not be surprised if the contents of your Bitcoin will expire or be reduced gradually as the A already has the private key of your wallet on which heimported into his wallet services so your wallet is already in the hands of A, if person A wants to take or send Bitcoin is in your wallet to wallet address other then the A can do so without the need to go into your wallet service account. Never give the private key of your wallet

Have you been trying to point this towards the CLAMS giveaway by Justdice?
It seemed doubtful to me too that why would they ask someone's private key in chat to be able to check whether the address was fund before so and so month, and will give some CLAMS at their site itself, but yes, I credit them based on them processing withdrawals of those CLAMS.
ikydesu

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 06:24:09 PM

Usually pict or video not effected, maybe the hacker give your computer some malware or something scary from pishing site. Better to install anti-keyloger, clean your pc or better to backup your data, transfer your btc to safe wallet, too many blockchain complain from user better to move your coin to desktop wallet or hardware wallet.

~iki
fcuk

Activity: 20

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 06:29:15 PM

Reformatting will do the trick. It's like having a brand new computer. You could use ubuntu instead as well. Very unlikely you'll get any viruses or keyloggers on that so your coins will be much safer than on windows.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 08:10:24 PM

you can try to transfer the fund to another blockchain accout, or get them out from them directly, if you feel unsafe

There's no reason to do this. The only information the attacker has is OP's short name. They don't even have his UUID.

still there is some chance, that his e-mail can be stolen in the future, better to take extra precautions and move those btc from there
BlackTradeCapital (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 08:38:05 PM

I don't think so , he could just log into my email and authorize himself so he could get all my coins anyway? The thing that kept him was authorization at first and he can get that from my email anyway?

I came back home to check everything else , he still seems to not logged into anything other then just trying to get into my coins once at that time. There is no possibility that someone happened to know my identifier somehow right? There must be some keylogger or malware or whatever must be involved?

If someone knows my private key , can he know my identifier?

Also I get them to a safer location now.

Thanks everyone for your helps.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4368
Merit: 3275

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 09:00:23 PM

Before getting all paranoid and following ridiculous and unhelpful advice, please consider this:

everybody gets those emails. It is called "phishing".

The scammer send the emails to thousands of bitcoin users and hopes that someone will use the links in the email to log in to their account.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
EcuaMobi
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 10:10:30 PM

Before getting all paranoid and following ridiculous and unhelpful advice, please consider this:

everybody gets those emails. It is called "phishing".

The scammer send the emails to thousands of bitcoin users and hopes that someone will use the links in the email to log in to their account.

This is real possibility.

OP could you share the exact email you got? Remove exact links and leave just domain names.
BlackTradeCapital (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2015, 03:40:27 AM

Unfortunately like I said she deleted the email , even from the deleted section.
EcuaMobi
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 03:49:02 AM

Unfortunately like I said she deleted the email , even from the deleted section.

No. I mean the email you got from blockchain asking you to authorize the access.
What we're saying is it's possible that wasn't really from them.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: