Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:03:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining operation  (Read 3251 times)
Jamphone

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 04:21:05 PM

You'll need many extra AC units. 20THs when its 50 outside will break a single 4000 BTU AC. I don't think this plan makes enough sense to succeed.
zekarsalih (OP)

Activity: 167
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 07:12:48 PM

Ahh, I get it.  Roll Eyes hosting is being advertised by telling it isbimpossible to do. I can make the devices work without heat problem dont try to sell me cloud mining.
The prices are crazy!. I try to get 25 th per appartement. I can grow the operation from there since rent will be 250 Inc. Electricity. I need the right hardware and expertise to be as efficiënt as possible. Any one a suggestion, feel free.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 07:56:42 PM

It is a country in the middle east. Im summier it is 50degree so every house has lots of colliers. Rent is no problem aswell (oftopic) haha. The hardware is an esyimate from hardware I already purchased second hand and China import.

When you say 50 degree do you mean in F or C?
zekarsalih (OP)

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 08:24:26 PM

Degree C. In the sun at extreme. Its near Turkey
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 09:05:38 PM

Ok wow I highly suggest trying on a small scale.  That is extreme for a ambient mining.  

I think you will be surprised how much heat they can put out.  Maybe someone has some advice but 122 F to start with is like a nightmare for a miner. You will not be able to pull outside air in and exhaust it out.    You will have to have all air going through AC's.  20TH in that like you mention is just going to be hard.
MCHouston

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

Where am I?

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 09:24:41 PM

Ok wow I highly suggest trying on a small scale.  That is extreme for a ambient mining.  

I think you will be surprised how much heat they can put out.  Maybe someone has some advice but 122 F to start with is like a nightmare for a miner. You will not be able to pull outside air in and exhaust it out.    You will have to have all air going through AC's.  20TH in that like you mention is just going to be hard.

Around 117F ambient a SP20E, will need to be slowed down to 1.35Th to operate without hitting 125C on its cores.  I imagine 122F it will need to be even slower, the SP20Es have a very hot running core, so they will probably still operate in this heat but at lower hashrates. As far as other miners I do not know, I only heat tested the SP20E.

BTC 13WWomzkAoUsXtxANN9f1zRzKusgFWpngJ
LTC LKXYdqRzRC8WciNDtiRwCeb8tZtioZA2Ks
DOGE DMsTJidwkkv2nL7KwwkBbVPfjt3MhS4TZ9
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 1855

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 09:54:22 PM

Is evaporative cooling an option? If the relative humidity is quite low and water isn't expensive to supply, a passive evaporative inlet system could do quite a bit of good.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
Medow

Activity: 357
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 10:23:55 AM

We are hot here also, but we use evaporative cooling system.

It is better to build your own warehouse if you have some space , it is better than using apartments.

If building a new warehouse is an option with you, then let me know to tell you what kind of evaporative cooling we use here.
Jamphone

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 01:26:39 PM

Please post pictures of the bill to repair the AC after you break it with 20 TH in one apartment.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 08:56:11 PM

I feel bad this turned into such a anti-mining thread.  I think OP has a lot of challenges to say the least though.

For some helpful advice can you tell us what miner you ordered? (By price it sounds like a A1 1T I'm guessing)
picolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 12:06:45 AM

Dear bitcointalk community,

For weeks I have following everything I can about bitcoin and mining. This is because I am from a country where there is subsidised elektricity for every houseHold Hold. I have found enough space to store 100-300 th/s at 0.01 ct ct/kwh.

I have a couple things I could use help with.
What is best th/usd ratio hardware available?
I have an offer for 260usd per th/s. I still think thats extensieve and am looking for better option. Used miners is also possible, as in a retirement place for miners.

I want to try and get a loon/investment at btcjam since I do not plan to put my own entire capitalist at risk and am looking for partners.

I can verify everything and am looking forward to read comments comments. Good and bad once;)

Kind Regards,

ZEKSAL

You could also host some miners for some less risky and less capitalistic returns.
Jamphone

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 12:40:49 AM

Dear bitcointalk community,

For weeks I have following everything I can about bitcoin and mining. This is because I am from a country where there is subsidised elektricity for every houseHold Hold. I have found enough space to store 100-300 th/s at 0.01 ct ct/kwh.

I have a couple things I could use help with.
What is best th/usd ratio hardware available?
I have an offer for 260usd per th/s. I still think thats extensieve and am looking for better option. Used miners is also possible, as in a retirement place for miners.

I want to try and get a loon/investment at btcjam since I do not plan to put my own entire capitalist at risk and am looking for partners.

I can verify everything and am looking forward to read comments comments. Good and bad once;)

Kind Regards,

ZEKSAL

You could also host some miners for some less risky and less capitalistic returns.

He's already decided that hosters are just trying to trick him, and that everyone's warnings about hosting in an apartment in a country where it is 50C regularly is part of the long con.
zekarsalih (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 05:02:57 PM

Thanks for the advice. I am deffinetly not putting all my money into this with the chanse of underestimating it. I am really taking in all the advice you guys are proviDing. I am still sure I can pull this of Because I can kkeep opwrational costs really low. I will keep you up to date and am still looking for ambitious People with expertise.

Regards

Zeksal
zekarsalih (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 07:13:21 PM

Current update';

The appartment does need rewiring to handle 25 th. The cooling is al set and will manage. We allready had 5 AC's that are very powerfull in the apartment. I am still looking for good hardware deal, unfortunatly most suppliers are sold out currently.

Regards,

Zeksal
ezeminer
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1118

Lie down. Have a cookie

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 07:30:22 PM

Current update';

The apartment does need rewiring to handle 25 th. The cooling is al set and will manage. We already had 5 AC's that are very powerful in the apartment. I am still looking for good hardware deal, unfortunately most suppliers are sold out currently.

Regards,

Zeksal
At this time either s5's delivered in like 3 weeks or used hardware buying is your best bet if you want to attempt such a feat.
Even my two s3's at home deliver a good chunk of heat.

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 08:08:17 PM

Current update';

The appartment does need rewiring to handle 25 th. The cooling is al set and will manage. We allready had 5 AC's that are very powerfull in the apartment. I am still looking for good hardware deal, unfortunatly most suppliers are sold out currently.

Regards,

Zeksal
What miners are you looking for S4 or Spondoolies? You won't be able to get S5's for a while =/ but they are more efficient.

We have been asking this for a while.

With price and 1T unit mentioned I'm guessing it is a Dragon 1T(A1).
zekarsalih (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 11:10:36 AM

I am buying second hand miners in the Netherlands. Electricity is 20ct per kwh here. Many miners sell their miners under market prices. These are used miners and most are around 1w/gh.
I have noticed spondoolies and other big mining hardware suppliers are out ofbstock so this is best option for me atm, I am still open for any suggestions or anyone that has around 20th to show me picture

Regards
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 01:01:56 PM

I am buying second hand miners in the Netherlands. Electricity is 20ct per kwh here. Many miners sell their miners under market prices. These are used miners and most are around 1w/gh.
I have noticed spondoolies and other big mining hardware suppliers are out ofbstock so this is best option for me atm, I am still open for any suggestions or anyone that has around 20th to show me picture

Regards

I would highly suggest doing some ROI math.  If really 20 cents per KWh it is considered high, not low priced electricity.   With 1w/gh chances are you run at a loss.

Most pictures of 20 TH will be small warehouses not houses.  Houses you would need to spread it around unless wired up very nice.
zekarsalih (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 01:27:27 PM

Own investment
5k hardware costs
1k rewiring
250usd operation Cost per month Inc. Electricity

Electricity will be 20hours a day so I calculated month inkome per month at average 1200usd for approx. 22th/s

So I can operate as long as I can make more then around 400usd a month. In it for longterm bitcoin garnering aswell.

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 04:03:08 PM

Own investment
5k hardware costs
1k rewiring
250usd operation Cost per month Inc. Electricity

Electricity will be 20hours a day so I calculated month inkome per month at average 1200usd for approx. 22th/s

So I can operate as long as I can make more then around 400usd a month. In it for longterm bitcoin garnering aswell.

With 22 TH of A1 gear it sounds how are you making a profit at "Electricity is 20ct per kwh here"

Assuming 22TH of A1 gear that is 22,000 watts approx.  You would be paying approx 50 dollars a day in electricity.  This is approx 1500 in electricity for A1's not 400.  I see you making a profit of around 18.60 each day (at current rate).   

To pay for gear it would be 5000/18.60 = 268 day's to pay for equipment if difficulty does not go up.  You add difficulty you will have a very hard time at 20 cent KWh.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: