Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 04:52:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Maybe a Japanese looted Mt. Gox  (Read 1625 times)
Blinken (OP)

Activity: 338
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 12:40:34 AM

I was looking at the leaked list of accounts which the supposed Mt. Gox "hacker" posted.

One thing you notice is that SOME of the names are "censored", but the names of Americans, Europeans and Russians do not seem to be censored. Just guessing here, but maybe the "censored" names are all the Japanese names. Why would the hacker remove all the Japanese names, but leave in the foreigner names, unless of course the hacker was Japanese.

Hmmmm....

Bitcoin ♦♦♦ Trust in Mathematics, Not Bankers ♦♦♦
NRF

Activity: 279
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 12:45:45 AM

One thing you notice is that SOME of the names are "censored", but the names of Americans, Europeans and Russians do not seem to be censored. Just guessing here, but maybe the "censored" names are all the Japanese names. Why would the hacker remove all the Japanese names, but leave in the foreigner names, unless of course the hacker was Japanese.

Without looking at it character encoding would account for that.
Possum577

Activity: 434

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2015, 06:32:59 AM

Can you share the leaked list of accounts so we can see what you're talking about?

Have a link?

Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 06:44:47 AM

I see Japanese names. Maybe you need to install the appropriate character set?

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
jmintuck

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 06:48:05 AM

Maybe it was Satoshi himself. The name is Japanese too.
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 01:19:51 PM

Lol. Why would Satoshi do that if he has enough Bitcoin to stay retired for several lifetimes.
muddyheights2

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 01:26:28 PM

any exchange related to china/japan I avoid i.e. made in china obvious scammers they produce cheap shit that half works no wonder peupel lost their coins also avoid using Bter its a gox bomb just waiting to happen
calme

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 01:27:46 PM

If it wasn't a jap then you just know it was a german who did this.
muddyheights2

Activity: 20

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 01:28:39 PM

and korea too in fact any asian owned exhange just to be on the safe side they r not known for compensating customers
mistercoin
Legendary

Activity: 1044
Merit: 1000

https://r.honeygain.me/XEDDM2B07C

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2015, 02:06:14 PM

any exchange related to china/japan I avoid i.e. made in china obvious scammers they produce cheap shit that half works no wonder peupel lost their coins also avoid using Bter its a gox bomb just waiting to happen

Your English is broken, and it is hard to understand what you are on about. Please clarify.

BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 02:13:52 PM

Besides him not needing the money, why would he bring negative press to Bitcoin doing that? it makes no sense.
innocent93
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 02:26:18 PM

Well, I saw the reports before and that indicates not all Bitcoin being stolen, Mt.Gox might be concerned with the hack, the truth is still complicated after one year, some already forgotten Mt.Gox.
Cray4Cryptz

Activity: 23

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 04:24:34 PM

I was looking at the leaked list of accounts which the supposed Mt. Gox "hacker" posted.

Hmmmm....

According to this:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=962803.0

That willy bot, has no activity when Japanese people are sleeping and then went back to work on Japanese working hours and then goes flat on activity again during the Japanese sleeping hours. Maybe you have a point.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 04:37:08 PM
Last edit: March 12, 2015, 04:54:27 PM by TaunSew

Just because it was in Japan doesn't mean there were many Japanese employees.

This is in Japan and it's Kraken, which is full of ex-MtGox employees, and they're led by a blond blue eyed Jesus.  If you look at their company photos, you'ld be hard pressed to find any Japanese present (especially Japanese men - who cares if they have 1 or 2 female Japanese secretaries).

Samething with MtGox - old company photos of them, despite it being in Japan, were all primarily white guys.

There are legit Japanese exchanges in Japan ran by Japanese people but they're still fairly small and only really dealing with Japanese crypto currencies like Mona coin.

https://zaif.jp/trade_btc_jpy
http://cointelegraph.com/news/113623/japans-new-crypto-exchange-aims-to-fill-mtgox-vacuum-improve-bitcoins-image

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 05:22:13 PM

Cmon man, you watch too many movies. This is bitcointalk.org, not infowars.com
thms

Activity: 427

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 06:24:46 PM

Just because it was in Japan doesn't mean there were many Japanese employees.

This is in Japan and it's Kraken, which is full of ex-MtGox employees, and they're led by a blond blue eyed Jesus.  If you look at their company photos, you'ld be hard pressed to find any Japanese present (especially Japanese men - who cares if they have 1 or 2 female Japanese secretaries).

Samething with MtGox - old company photos of them, despite it being in Japan, were all primarily white guys.

There are legit Japanese exchanges in Japan ran by Japanese people but they're still fairly small and only really dealing with Japanese crypto currencies like Mona coin.

https://zaif.jp/trade_btc_jpy
http://cointelegraph.com/news/113623/japans-new-crypto-exchange-aims-to-fill-mtgox-vacuum-improve-bitcoins-image

the picture is the US offices, not in Japan.
Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 06:27:00 PM

I was wondering why would you locate your business in Japan and not in the USA for example. Is it more cost-effective to run the deals from there?
Or maybe the regulations are more lax on the crypto currencies.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 06:42:15 PM

I was wondering why would you locate your business in Japan and not in the USA for example. Is it more cost-effective to run the deals from there?
Or maybe the regulations are more lax on the crypto currencies.

Regulations are very lax and essentially non-existent.   Japan is in the middle of the recession and typically the last thing you do, in a recession, is chase away capital and jobs (unless you are the United States).  That's primarily the reason why all those Bitcoin companies are going to Japan.

Still Japan is still a dangerous place to run your business because Japanese prisons are infamous for being among the worst / most punishing in the developed world.  So you don't want to be running a business in Japan and find out one day, overnight, you broke some new law.   Prisoners come out of Japanese prisons sickly and malnourished.  Not like the European prisons people on BTT are used to where you get to play video games and eat off the smorgasbord and they let you go home on the weekends.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
calme

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 06:50:31 PM

European prisons do seem like little panaceas that don't consist of being shanked by Mexican gangbangers or wearing lipstick in the shower with half of Detroit. I didn't know that J-prisons were hellholes, though.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 06:52:04 PM

maybe a chinese looted mt.gox

lol

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: