Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:26:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Collapse of the Bitcoin Generator Bot  (Read 3604 times)
damiano (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 05:52:06 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2015, 04:40:38 PM by damiano

Rich is no longer trustworthy.  I would avoid all contact till he makes right of his wrongs.  A lot of users have lost quite a bit of money purchasing a bot that doesn't function correctly.

First off I would like to say master-p and I were just the reviewers for this and we were given vouch copies ONLY to test this service.  

Yesterday I had noticed that a lot of my accounts went offline (I believe I was the first to experience this).  All the proxies I was using were being banned.  At first I had thought it was the the fact I was using safe-mail.net for all my emails (which could of been a trigger along with the ref links), but later on I had noticed my proxies were actually banned.  I had immediately alerted master-p and he chimed in stating all his accounts were still functioning, but during the night I had received notification via pm that his accounts were also shut down.  Another user Wafflemaster has now suffered the same fate as well as 805miner.

I want to be very clear that master-p and I have NO involvement other than giving out the reviews of the bot we had received.  We are both very aware a lot of users had purchased this bot and are now probably out a decent amount of money and yes it sucks.

I don't think or feel this was an actual scam (although it does appear like it right now).  What I do feel is that the site operators caught on and made a lot of changes.  Now for rich's absence on skype and here as well as locking the thread I can't comment on.  

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheGr33k

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 06:02:24 PM

Wow that sucks, but pretty smart of you to release this so you dont catch any flack from the customers
master-P

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2015, 06:30:59 PM

I can confirm this. All of my 50 accounts were banned overnight it seems.

I understood the bot was fully dependent on the site owners not noticing and not making any changes to the site to prevent it but I definitely did not expect it to happen so soon.

As for Rich not responding, I really can't comment on that. I haven't heard from him since a few days ago when he last helped me get new accounts added to my bot.

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
WaffleMaster

Activity: 966
Merit: 546

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 06:45:11 PM

Can confirm. Rich has gone dark. I don't consider it a scam as the bot was actually functional and working. It wasn't guaranteed undetected or anything and actually has several methods in place to prevent getting detected but overall I think the proxies are what cause this.
master-P

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2015, 06:59:30 PM

Can confirm. Rich has gone dark. I don't consider it a scam as the bot was actually functional and working. It wasn't guaranteed undetected or anything and actually has several methods in place to prevent getting detected but overall I think the proxies are what cause this.

I can agree with this statement. The proxies that Rich recommended definitely were not that great. He made the recommendation based on his own experience, it was probably fine for him for the past few months but I believe once too many people got to using the same proxies for this bot, the site owners caught on and simply banned any accounts associated with the proxies. 

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Superhitech
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 07:26:59 PM

I can agree with this statement. The proxies that Rich recommended definitely were not that great. He made the recommendation based on his own experience, it was probably fine for him for the past few months but I believe once too many people got to using the same proxies for this bot, the site owners caught on and simply banned any accounts associated with the proxies. 

If so, couldn't you just use new proxies? Also, maybe clicking the ads for the owner might help, as he profits from ad clicks, and if he's still making money, maybe he will turn a blind eye to people using this bot. Sorry for the loss though, some people had to pay 1.5 btc for this if I can remember correctly.
master-P

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2015, 07:31:09 PM

If so, couldn't you just use new proxies? Also, maybe clicking the ads for the owner might help, as he profits from ad clicks, and if he's still making money, maybe he will turn a blind eye to people using this bot. Sorry for the loss though, some people had to pay 1.5 btc for this if I can remember correctly.

Yes, it is possible to try with new proxies but then you would need to buy a batch of new proxies again with no guarantee that the site owners won't ban them if they find out again. High quality dedicated proxies usually cost at least $1 each per month, sometimes more.

With the way the bot operates, it is difficult to click on the ads even if I wanted to.

It is indeed quite unfortunate that the bot has been effectively shut down by the site owners so soon. I personally will have to call it quits at this point as I am not interested in spending another $50-$60 on a batch of new proxies for my accounts. Not to mention having to re-register and re-add the new accounts is too much of a hassle for me to go through at this moment.

Btcvilla

Activity: 1078
Merit: 270

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 07:35:21 PM

"Bitcoin generator bot" sounds like a total scam, have fun with your virus's!
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 07:36:17 PM

Yes, it is possible to try with new proxies but then you would need to buy a batch of new proxies again with no guarantee that the site owners won't ban them if they find out again. High quality dedicated proxies usually cost at least $1 each per month, sometimes more.

With the way the bot operates, it is difficult to click on the ads even if I wanted to.

It is indeed quite unfortunate that the bot has been effectively shut down by the site owners so soon. I personally will have to call it quits at this point as I am not interested in spending another $50-$60 on a batch of new proxies for my accounts. Not to mention having to re-register and re-add the new accounts is too much of a hassle for me to go through at this moment.

The real problem is that the owner of the site is reading this forum, maybe it was better to keep this "method" completely anonymous. However it might function again but I haven't tried the script so I cannot be sure.
Somekindabitcoin

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 07:36:57 PM

I'm pretty sure the generator was that there were multiple accounts on separate proxies being able to click on ads over and over. That's why it was a generator.
master-P

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2015, 07:37:41 PM

Please refrain from posting here if you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Clearly you're just posting to boost your post count for your sig campaign earnings. Roll Eyes

The bot did not contain any viruses or anything, not to mention it was designed to be set up on a completely remote machine, a VPS.

damiano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 07:39:07 PM

Signing up the emails plus the database management with regards to filling out the proxy data and account info is a PITA.  10 accounts can easily take 2 hrs is the proxies are shit. 

I did locate 2 services which offer clean virgin proxies, but they are more expensive than what instantproxies is offering.
WaffleMaster

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 07:41:22 PM

Signing up the emails plus the database management with regards to filling out the proxy data and account info is a PITA.  10 accounts can easily take 2 hrs is the proxies are shit. 

I did locate 2 services which offer clean virgin proxies, but they are more expensive than what instantproxies is offering.
I got a fresh batch of proxies to try at a later date to see if I get paid out on Sunday or not, from ref accounts and not. Debating whether I should get new referrals or not, I think the IP's of my accounts were the only thing banned and not the accounts themselves.
Somekindabitcoin

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 07:42:14 PM

Please refrain from posting here if you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Clearly you're just posting to boost your post count for your sig campaign earnings. Roll Eyes

The bot did not contain any viruses or anything, not to mention it was designed to be set up on a completely remote machine, a VPS.

I would like to ask if my post is what the script did. If not, I would also like to ask what it actually did do.
master-P

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2015, 07:43:15 PM

I got a fresh batch of proxies to try at a later date to see if I get paid out on Sunday or not, from ref accounts and not. Debating whether I should get new referrals or not, I think the IP's of my accounts were the only thing banned and not the accounts themselves.

If you're still able to login to the accounts then they're not banned, but they could be banned at a later date, you'll never know. Let us know how it goes, probably best not to publicly share which proxy provider you're using for the time being Smiley

master-P

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2015, 07:46:10 PM

I would like to ask if my post is what the script did. If not, I would also like to ask what it actually did do.

Yep, that's basically what it did. The bot essentially ran a imacro script that would automatically login to each account on it's own assigned proxy IP to claim the earnings. It will log into each account over a number of different browser instances, each account has it's own assigned proxy IP which is all saved in a local mysql database.

Overall the concept is fairly simple if you know how to write imacro scripts and take advantage of captcha solving services then it is pretty easy to make your own bot like this. The only problem is that the bot would only work for the sites it was specifically designed for.

WaffleMaster

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 07:58:59 PM
Last edit: March 12, 2015, 08:50:32 PM by WaffleMaster

If you're still able to login to the accounts then they're not banned, but they could be banned at a later date, you'll never know. Let us know how it goes, probably best not to publicly share which proxy provider you're using for the time being Smiley
Accounts were not banned. EDIT: Some accounts were banned... RE-EDIT: No accounts have been banned. NO PROXIES HAVE BEEN BANNED. So I will wait until sunday to sign up new accounts and see hwo long these new proxies will last. Then if these don't go good, I will downgrade and only try 10 virgin proxies Cheesy

UPDATE: I have been going through one by one the accounts that the bot said IP has been banned. I believe the script in the bot that makes it switch proxies has been broken. Manually going into each account on it's own proxy shows that no account nor the proxy has been banned.
damiano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 08:00:47 PM

My accounts are banned as well

bachel

Activity: 261
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 08:28:52 PM

First off I would like to say master-p and I were just the reviewers for this and we were given vouch copies ONLY to test this service. 

Yesterday I had noticed that a lot of my accounts went offline (I believe I was the first to experience this).  All the proxies I was using were being banned.  At first I had thought it was the the fact I was using safe-mail.net for all my emails (which could of been a trigger along with the ref links), but later on I had noticed my proxies were actually banned.  I had immediately alerted master-p and he chimed in stating all his accounts were still functioning, but during the night I had received notification via pm that his accounts were also shut down.  Another user Wafflemaster has now suffered the same fate as well as 805miner.

I want to be very clear that master-p and I have NO involvement other than giving out the reviews of the bot we had received.  We are both very aware a lot of users had purchased this bot and are now probably out a decent amount of money and yes it sucks.

I don't think or feel this was an actual scam (although it does appear like it right now).  What I do feel is that the site operators caught on and made a lot of changes.  Now for rich's absence on skype and here as well as locking the thread I can't comment on. 

I am 99% sure now that it was a scam because I paid him on Tuesday and since then no more communication he didn't even install the bot

TheGr33k

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 08:36:42 PM

agreed, from whatIread on the thread it was a working bot, lkus it was not actually generating bitcoins, there was a reason this was posted amd that was because for some time it worked.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: