Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:07:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My suggestion to environmentalists.  (Read 5414 times)
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2012, 04:46:36 AM

Try discussing, rather than forcing others to say things. It's kind of hypocritical, don't you think? Nobody is stopping you from discussing and sharing knowledge about how the environment works, are they? Instead, what you're doing is demanding that someone state a position on a solution that agrees with you before discussing the mechanics of the problem. Kind of backwards, isn't it?

Feel free to discuss the mechanics of the problem any time you like: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=92952.0

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
FirstAscent

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 13, 2012, 04:49:23 AM

Try discussing, rather than forcing others to say things. It's kind of hypocritical, don't you think? Nobody is stopping you from discussing and sharing knowledge about how the environment works, are they? Instead, what you're doing is demanding that someone state a position on a solution that agrees with you before discussing the mechanics of the problem. Kind of backwards, isn't it?

Feel free to discuss the mechanics of the problem any time you like: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=92952.0

Is that because you expect someone else to educate you and wipe your ass, instead of being encouraged to learn on your own?
myrkul

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2012, 04:51:32 AM

Is that because you expect someone else to educate you and wipe your ass, instead of being encouraged to learn on your own?

No, that's because you started that thread indicating you wanted to educate people. Go. Do.

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
asdf

Activity: 527

View Profile
August 13, 2012, 10:07:00 AM

FirstAscent is a tyrant. He wants to use the force of the state to implement his ideal of environmental harmony. However noble the intent, such an implementation is misguided, destructive.

He might change his mind and see that violent interactions are inferior to peaceful ones. He might not. What is certain though is that we have and are wasting way too much energy in these "debates" where he constantly avoids the core principal. He only want's to preach his doctrine of violent control. He is too attached to his regulatory framework to accept reason.

If you want to spread the message of AnCap, you can surely find some lower hanging fruit. I suggest you stop banging you heads against this wall of bigotry and find people more receptive to the principals of a free society. I personally, am done.

I know you persist because it bothers you that one cannot see a message so clear and pure, but it's time to accept that some people just don't want to understand. We will have to drag them kicking an screaming into a society free from institutionalised violence - metaphorically, of course  Wink
myrkul

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2012, 10:25:59 AM

If you want to spread the message of AnCap, you can surely find some lower hanging fruit. I suggest you stop banging you heads against this wall of bigotry and find people more receptive to the principals of a free society. I personally, am done.

I have no hope that FirstAscent will ever give up his position. I take comfort in this, as it affords me an eternally available target to demonstrate the folly of. My goal is not to convert FirstAscent, but those who chance upon our discussions, and see a well-reasoned argument for peace and education met with evasion and calls of "there oughtta be a law". And if, in the end, I do show FirstAscent the error of his ways, well, that's just a bonus.

FirstAscent

View Profile
August 13, 2012, 04:00:41 PM
Last edit: August 13, 2012, 06:02:06 PM by FirstAscent

No, that's because you started that thread indicating you wanted to educate people. Go. Do.

Is that because you want to be educated? Please demonstrate that by considering the notion that your analogy of beaver engineering to human engineering does not work, even when ignoring the magnitude of the differences. What is it about humanity which makes it valid to separate it from nature when evaluating the impact of humanity on the environment? Are you unable to figure this one out? Must this discussion end with the obvious conclusion that you are mentally unable to think on a matter without being influenced by your ideology?
FirstAscent

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 05:06:31 AM

I see myrkul still can't figure out the difference between beavers and humanity. Hint: it's more than just a difference in magnitude. Tell me now, do you still have those blinders on which causes you to see the world in a way that makes it convenient for you to defend AnCap? Debating while wearing blinders only shows that your ideas are not sound or robust.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2012, 05:27:18 AM

I'm not listening, or responding, to any more of your environmentalist drivel until you cogently explain your position in the thread linked above. Now get to it, or shut the fuck up.

FirstAscent

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 05:31:39 AM

I'm not listening, or responding, to any more of your environmentalist drivel until you cogently explain your position in the thread linked above. Now get to it, or shut the fuck up.

Ecology isn't a position. It's not a political thing anymore than astronomy is. If you wish to call ecology drivel, then explain how it qualifies as such.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2012, 05:35:26 AM

You say you want to educate me. Do so, at the thread linked. Until you do, I'm not responding to you other than to deliver another link to that thread, and repeat this demand.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=92952.0

FirstAscent

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 05:40:27 AM

You say you want to educate me. Do so, at the thread linked. Until you do, I'm not responding to you other than to deliver another link to that thread, and repeat this demand.

Deflection on your part will not hide how you aren't able to think outside the boundaries of your own ideology.

I'll ask again, since you made the analogy about beavers and humanity. What is it about humanity that makes it worthwhile to think of them and their actions as separate from natural processes?
myrkul

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2012, 05:45:26 AM

FirstAscent

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 05:52:06 AM

I'll take your request to be symbolic of the following:

1. You demand others educate you, rather than being proactive about your own education.

2. You realize you're deficient with regard to the subject matter.

3. From (2), we can conclude you're not qualified to make judgements about the applicability of the ecological sciences to economics, policy or society, and conversely, you're not qualified to make judgements about the effects of your ideology on ecosystems.

However, my question to you, repeated now several times, offers you the opportunity to discuss the matter further in such a way that both your understanding of the matters would be increased, your thought processes exercised, and additionally, would offer you the opportunity to gain some respect from your foes, something which is generally worth more than respect from your group think buddies.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2012, 05:56:37 AM

I'll take your request to be symbolic of the following:

1. You demand others educate you, rather than being proactive about your own education.

2. You realize you're deficient with regard to the subject matter.

3. From (2), we can conclude you're not qualified to make judgements about the applicability of the ecological sciences to economics, policy or society, and conversely, you're not qualified to make judgements about the effects of your ideology on ecosystems.

However, my question to you, repeated now several times, offers you the opportunity to discuss the matter further in such a way that both your understanding of the matters would be increased, your thought processes exercised, and additionally, would offer you the opportunity to gain some respect from your foes, something which is generally worth more than respect from your group think buddies.

FirstAscent

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 05:58:41 AM

Until you do, I'm not responding to you other than to deliver another link to that thread, and repeat this demand.

I have noted your demand and your threat. Of what significance it is to me, I neither know nor care.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2012, 06:01:17 AM

Until you do, I'm not responding to you other than to deliver another link to that thread, and repeat this demand.

I have noted your demand and your threat. Of what significance it is to me, I neither know nor care.

I make no threat... Getting bored yet?

TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2012, 07:04:54 AM

I'd ignored you, but looking at the quote above, it looks like you are a still a bald-faced liar, FirstAscent. I look forward to your claim that I threatened you in this very post, so it is absolutely clear to everyone that you are a pathological lying sack of crap.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 01:39:00 PM

Quote from: FirstAscent
Quote from: myrkul
... ...
... ...
... ... ...
... ... ...
... ... ... ...
Is this really necessary?
FirstAscent

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 03:39:02 PM

The visceral hatred of science expressed by the libertarians here makes all of you appear very strange. Most of you are a confused and hypocritical lot.

Let's get something straight: ecology is not politics anymore than astronomy is. If you think it is, than you're kind of stupid. And if you keep using your ideology to change how you think about ecology, then you deserve all the disrespect you get.
dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 03:45:19 PM

The visceral hatred of science expressed by the libertarians here makes all of you appear very strange. Most of you are a confused and hypocritical lot.

Let's get something straight: ecology is not politics anymore than astronomy is. If you think it is, than you're kind of stupid. And if you keep using your ideology to change how you think about ecology, then you deserve all the disrespect you get.
Exactly. Science is not politics. So don't argue about politics in a thread about science.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: