Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 05:14:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 07-04-2015 - #BitcoinSurvey May & June Prizes sent  (Read 6009 times)
jammers (OP)

Activity: 290
Merit: 262

Is maith liom bitcoin

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2015, 12:47:25 AM

I also just updated the map in the OP, nice to get some South American, African and South East Asian responses in Smiley

southafricadude

Activity: 141
Merit: 19

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2015, 10:57:47 AM

Just did the survey, pretty cool Smiley

Website:Bitcoin South Africa - Twitter: @bitcoinzar - Facebook: @bitcoinzar
jammers (OP)

Is maith liom bitcoin

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2015, 11:14:42 AM

Thanks, I've updated the map in the OP.

jammers (OP)

Is maith liom bitcoin

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2015, 12:02:31 AM

up to 87 responses from 42 countries now, thanks everyone

gberns

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 09:11:00 AM

just made it. will be fun to see what the conclusion is.
megamore

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 10:08:34 AM

recently completed a survey  Smiley

feel enthusiastic  Grin
fast2fix
Legendary

Activity: 1612
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 11:14:50 AM

i did the survey just now was pretty quick one.
busterroni

Activity: 277
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 01:16:11 PM

Just took it Cheesy
amiryaqot
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 02:33:37 PM

i just did that survey, it was interesting to fill 7 pages there.
jammers (OP)

Is maith liom bitcoin

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2015, 04:21:46 PM
Last edit: March 20, 2015, 04:38:04 PM by jammers

well depending on this a follow up survey might fill in some blanks. gambling is touchy between cultures but people are usung the space to fill in gaps. ask questions, wait a while for data to come in and I'll cut the data the first week of april. theres a few pics being posted on twitter under #bitcoinsurvey .  I get the idea lots of people are trying to figure out bitcoin like south parks underpants gnomes business model

i have a gold plated bitcoin and im trying to work out how I could use a message to verify that who I'm talking to is the person who won. ie to post it to a winner. and been told many wallets don't let you sign messages. so if they won they couldnt sign it  so that wont work

the survey is nearly at 100 when I checked last - 10% of the way to my 1000 goal after about a week and getting a bit of momentum  Smiley

however getting a gender balance to this is probably going to mean paying for facebook ads later :/ cryptomoms posted  a link to this thread, so thanks! I thought the gender balance in games was bad at 80/20 from my experience in 12 years in the industry. but so far only 7% are female respondents.

so if people have an other half or housemate or family member or work/sport/drinking friend and especially if they dont use bitcoin, get them to fill it in. you'll have an excuse to give them their first wallet address.  

jammers (OP)

Is maith liom bitcoin

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 05:13:59 PM

the survey is up to 96 responses from 42 countries Smiley

ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 05:51:23 PM

the survey is up to 96 responses from 42 countries Smiley

I just finished the survay, so its even more than that Smiley hope it gets you the data u need.
Im interested to see how spread out results will be in the end. I believe it will cover the globe evenly, more or less.

cheers
ezeminer
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1118

Lie down. Have a cookie

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 05:56:02 PM

well depending on this a follow up survey might fill in some blanks. gambling is touchy between cultures but people are usung the space to fill in gaps. ask questions, wait a while for data to come in and I'll cut the data the first week of april. theres a few pics being posted on twitter under #bitcoinsurvey .  I get the idea lots of people are trying to figure out bitcoin like south parks underpants gnomes business model

i have a gold plated bitcoin and im trying to work out how I could use a message to verify that who I'm talking to is the person who won. ie to post it to a winner. and been told many wallets don't let you sign messages. so if they won they couldnt sign it  so that wont work

the survey is nearly at 100 when I checked last - 10% of the way to my 1000 goal after about a week and getting a bit of momentum  Smiley

however getting a gender balance to this is probably going to mean paying for facebook ads later :/ cryptomoms posted  a link to this thread, so thanks! I thought the gender balance in games was bad at 80/20 from my experience in 12 years in the industry. but so far only 7% are female respondents.

so if people have an other half or housemate or family member or work/sport/drinking friend and especially if they dont use bitcoin, get them to fill it in. you'll have an excuse to give them their first wallet address.  

To verify, you could have them link to a BCT profile... Or maybe an email

jammers (OP)

Is maith liom bitcoin

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 07:50:17 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2015, 08:52:53 PM by jammers

Thanks for the responses, I've updated the OP with a new map and a list of the 44 countries. It's kind of like a reverse jigsaw! There's between 190-200 out there, so nearly a quarter of the way there. Anyone mining in Antarctica? ;p Some countries are getting several responses too now which is great. I'd probably get better responses if I could get it translated, but unfortunately I only speak English :/

Any volunteers to localise the questions? I know it's quite long, but I could probably set up another wallet with something like 0.5 bitcoin in it, and then divvy it up by the people who do translations. pm me if you can help with a particular language! - update, one bitcointalker has offered Dutch, and two of my games friends have offered Polish and German. Sweet ;p

llildur

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 02:06:02 AM

All done survey completed¡¡¡  Grin Grin Grin I can help in traduction to spanish language by the way.  Tongue
sdp

Activity: 469
Merit: 281

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 03:11:22 AM

Translation is a good idea.  The survey population base will be concentrated in English speaking countries if it is only available in English.  Spanish and French will greatly add to the audience because French and Spanish are spoken in many places other than France and Spain respectively.

sdp

Coinsbank: Left money in their costodial wallet for my signature.  Then they kept the money.
jammers (OP)

Is maith liom bitcoin

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 02:53:24 PM
Last edit: March 22, 2015, 03:05:22 PM by jammers

Thanks for the offer, I have a friend here in Dublin from games who said he'd be able to localise it for me into Spanish, but having someone to proof read it for terminology would be a great idea. I've also a few friends who are French, so definitely, I want to get that language done to.

I've also just received a German localisation from another games friend, so just trying to see if I can get different language versions of the same survey, or if I have to clone the survey and run a fresh localised version of it. I'll get a couple of languages together first, and then maybe launch them with the first interim report around Easter.

I just checked there, we're up to 113 responses from 47 countries now Smiley

jammers (OP)

Is maith liom bitcoin

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2015, 10:55:16 AM

We've seen a good few retweets from twitter bitcoin news places on #BitcoinSurvey, and Cointelegraph UK wrote this a little while ago, and I forgot to post it before.

http://cointelegraph.uk/news/113701/bitcoins-in-ireland-offering-one-bitcoin-in-prizes

Cheers!

Jamie

jammers (OP)

Is maith liom bitcoin

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 02:38:36 PM

the survey has 120 responses now from 49 countries.

jammers (OP)

Is maith liom bitcoin

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2015, 03:32:05 PM

I'm going to do a second push now that I've put up https://twitter.com/BTCinIreland/status/581477422039752704 which if people could retweet would be great.

The countries so far are in the image below

I'm also hoping to have Spanish and German localisations of the survey finished over the weekend, which I can give the links to when I put out an initial report next week, as promised Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: