Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:07:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: AnCap is not the end  (Read 4927 times)
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2012, 05:39:09 AM

Your claim was that you knew all the variables which determine what causes desperation in people.

Quote the post where I said that.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dalkore
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2012, 05:40:02 AM

best case scenario we have an established ID system that 99% of people trust and he can't counterfeit an ID and he doesnt' have id, people will see him as a suspicious person because he doesn't have that ID

Yeah, something like that. If there is a market need for non-forgable ID cards, then they'll be provided. Probably by a federated group of agencies.

It sure starting to sound like a central government with all kinds of enumerated powers.   Federated groups, Rights enforcers, etc...   You wish I would troll you, I am just waiting for some real debate food.   Why should I take time actually flexing intellectual muscle if your responses are weak with lots of solutions that really sound like what I believe is necessary no matter how it operates or what we decide to call it?    You may even call me an anti-disestablishmentarianist.  

Have you read that article I linked yet?

I browsed it but for you, I am going to read it right now and I will tell you what I think.  I will really read it right now.

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
FirstAscent

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 05:43:08 AM

Your claim was that you knew all the variables which determine what causes desperation in people.

Posts 26 through in 30 in aggregate contain enough to make it clear what you were claiming.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2012, 05:44:40 AM

Posts 26 through in 30 in aggregate contain enough to make it clear what you were claiming.

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
FirstAscent

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 05:46:14 AM

Posts 26 through in 30 in aggregate.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2012, 05:49:04 AM

In other words, you cannot, you only (falsely) assumed you knew what I was saying.

Derp.

Dalkore
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2012, 05:52:12 AM

Ok, now that I have read the meat.    Bottom-line is that the legal remedies have no teeth unless you have a central authority and unless it is paid by everyone equally, then it would be a goon squad like Blackwater or some other private enforcement agency.  Yes, we all give us some of our individual rights so a 3rd party can enforce the most important ones.  Without it you have goons or mafia.  If that is what you want to live under, more power to you but to even suggest this is viable or even a good solution is a joke.

Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
FirstAscent

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 05:54:06 AM

In other words, you cannot, you only (falsely) assumed you knew what I was saying.

Derp.

You're perfectly welcome to tell yourself what you wish. It matters not to me. Posts 26 through 30 speak well enough for me.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2012, 05:54:34 AM

Ok, now that I have read the meat.    Bottom-line is that the legal remedies have no teeth unless you have a central authority and unless it is paid by everyone equally, then it would be a goon squad like Blackwater or some other private enforcement agency.  Yes, we all give us some of our individual rights so a 3rd party can enforce the most important ones.  Without it you have goons or mafia.  If that is what you want to live under, more power to you but to even suggest this is viable or even a good solution is a joke.

Allowing competition in the industries of protection and justice is a joke? Why do those industries require monopoly?

myrkul

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2012, 05:58:14 AM

Derp.

You're perfectly welcome to tell yourself what you wish. It matters not to me. Posts 26 through 30 speak well enough for me.

You're perfectly welcome to tell yourself what you wish. It matters not to me. I never said what you think I said.

Dalkore
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2012, 06:09:05 AM

Allowing competition in the industries of protection and justice is a joke? Why do those industries require monopoly?

They need to be uniform.  If they are not then you are not applying justice equally across your society.   Certain public services should not be effected by market forces, these are some of them.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2012, 06:14:25 AM

They need to be uniform.  If they are not then you are not applying justice equally across your society.   Certain public services should not be effected by market forces, these are some of them.

Why is applying justice equally preferable to applying justice fairly? Allowing market competition in the justice industry will allow those affected to select the best service. Poor justice will not receive business.

What public services should not be affected by market forces?

TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2012, 06:56:53 AM

So the monopolist can wave the "qualified immunity" carte blanche and get away with practically every injustice, and fail to prosecute itself to anywhere near the appropriate extent!

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2012, 07:03:58 AM

So the monopolist can wave the "qualified immunity" carte blanche and get away with practically every injustice, and fail to prosecute itself to anywhere near the appropriate extent!

Or just straight-up Sovereign immunity.

TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2012, 07:07:50 AM

/nods

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2012, 12:02:55 PM

I have just read the article, originally published as "De la production de la sécurité," in the Journal des Economistes in February 1849, The Production of Security, by Gustave de Molinari. It directly touches upon the discussion here, and even presented an opinion of Communism and Monarchy being the two sides of the same coin that I had not seen before. Quite interesting.

It is widely considered the first appearance of the system which would later become known as Anarcho-Capitalism, or Market Anarchy, by proposing that, like other industries, security (that is, government) would be best served by being delivered on the open market, rather than by a monopoly or by communism.

It's quite short, and took up less than an hour of my time, all told. Well worth it.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: