Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 10:56:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 3-5% daily decline trend is back  (Read 2922 times)
kwukduck (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 02:18:25 AM
Last edit: March 14, 2015, 02:28:42 AM by kwukduck

Lets see if we will go for new lows this time.
Nothing changed, this dead cat bounce was just bigger than the others.

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
Harry Hood

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 06:20:03 AM

The price has only been down for a day. I'd wait a few more days (like 30) until I'd call it a trend. You can always consider it a buying opportunity, too, if it goes down to $250 or lower.

http://www.coindesk.com/price/

havecoch

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 06:22:23 AM

The price falls 7$ onlt on one day and you called it ?
The price also dropped by 10$ at 270. Didn't mean we were going down from there too. Its normal.

SargeR33

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 07:09:25 AM

I bought some BTC at the nice low point it was on. Its weird how it fluctuates so randomly when there are no real reasons in sight. I was trading some stocks the other day and had some first hand info of a penny share signing a new contract with a new company. I bought some shares at .05 a piece, the signing was made public on all exchanges and there was a 48% jump when the market closed.

flyingplows

Activity: 518

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 08:22:31 AM

Can you explain why even the price has risen - I was just getting ready to buy cheap because of that recent auction of 50,000 BTC, but instead the price moved up.. Roll Eyes I entered crypto not that long ago, but I noticed that things reflected in the news basically don't influence the price at all, it seems like some big whales are just manipulating the market to their needs and there is nothing you can predict here..  Sad If you look at the trading graphs most of price drops happen suddenly like a stone (be it a small drop or big drop) and then trading returns to normal again, i mean its not gradual decline..

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 08:32:54 AM

Can you explain why even the price has risen - I was just getting ready to buy cheap because of that recent auction of 50,000 BTC, but instead the price moved up.. Roll Eyes I entered crypto not that long ago, but I noticed that things reflected in the news basically don't influence the price at all, it seems like some big whales are just manipulating the market to their needs and there is nothing you can predict here..  Sad If you look at the trading graphs most of price drops happen suddenly like a stone (be it a small drop or big drop) and then trading returns to normal again, i mean its not gradual decline..
Well what can one expect? Those whales are the worst kind of people that live on the planet, greediness being their main and only attribute. They are fishing out the inexperienced "traders" (or should I say "want-to-be-traders"). For them, there is money to be made. Without a single huge investment, the price will continue to fluctuate. Someone has to take a huge chunk, for it to start stabilizing a little.
I'm actually looking forward to the block halving, but we have a lot of time before that happens. Maybe an ETF will help the price.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
FuckIdolPlus

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 08:48:29 AM

Nothing can be 100% guaranteed. i think that if the price reaches the 200 mark again, this would be a huge buying opportunity, at least for me.

Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 09:00:03 AM

I looks more like price correction after the rally we have seen going on for the past week. We just have to wait and observe before drawing up conclusion. And talking about the hype concerning price decline after the auction concluded, I think overall, bitcoin is still doing very well. I expect it to stay around the current level for some time before price will again rise.

deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 09:03:51 AM

It means that the market has little liquidity relative to the amounts stashed in big wallets. And when one of these big fish finally decides to shell out, the market takes a sudden deep plunge momentarily. Then small fish begin buying up, and the price slowly rebounds...

Mountain Jew

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 09:05:19 AM

What's new? The price usually declines a little after a little rally. Nothing special or new to see here to be honest.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 09:46:40 AM

What's new? The price usually declines a little after a little rally. Nothing special or new to see here to be honest.

No one (well, almost) here believes deep inside that bitcoin can actually make it back. So when it rallies some 50 dollars, it is considered as a miracle, but when bitcoin declines just 5, it comes as expected in an anticipation of further decline... Cool

EternalWingsofGod

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 09:53:14 AM

I'll give it to you since the trend has been higher lows over the average but steady drops
If the pattern breaks then we will start seeing more significant movement
As it stands now it is as others posted out a brief recline after a move upwards as the market solidifies its postion
If it goes up again then the trend is broken, if not then it needs more observation to see if its a long run repeat.

Honeybooboo

Activity: 354

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 11:29:22 AM

No one (well, almost) here believes deep inside that bitcoin can actually make it back. So when it rallies some 50 dollars, it is considered as a miracle, but when bitcoin declines just 5, it comes as expected in an anticipation of further decline... Cool

By 'here' what do you mean? This forum or the subforum of speculation? I don't believe deep inside that it can't make it back. In fact, I feel the opposite. I think bitcoin has only scrapped the surface of it's potential and can go to plus-1000 prices, but it'll take time so we just need patience. We need the general public and merchants to warm to it and this will be a slow job, but I think they will start coming around eventually.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 11:43:38 AM

By 'here' what do you mean? This forum or the subforum of speculation? I don't believe deep inside that it can't make it back. In fact, I feel the opposite. I think bitcoin has only scrapped the surface of it's potential and can go to plus-1000 prices, but it'll take time so we just need patience. We need the general public and merchants to warm to it and this will be a slow job, but I think they will start coming around eventually.

This forum in particular and bitcoin owners as whole. No matter what you think now, a genuine reality check will be when and at what price you start selling the bulk of your bitcoins. Thereby, the consistent decline of bitcoin price through the last year (and some time before that) is a true evidence which cannot be attributed to just rampant speculation and market fluctuations...

majorminers

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 12:31:03 PM

It means that the market has little liquidity relative to the amounts stashed in big wallets. And when one of these big fish finally decides to shell out, the market takes a sudden deep plunge momentarily. Then small fish begin buying up, and the price slowly rebounds...

Seems about right. This type of action is an inevitable result of having huge stashes placed in certain wallets. This phenomena is not unique to 'virtual' currencies either.

Honeybooboo

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 12:51:02 PM

This forum in particular and bitcoin owners as whole. No matter what you think now, a genuine reality check will be when and at what price you start selling the bulk of your bitcoins. Thereby, the consistent decline of bitcoin price through the last year (and some time before that) is a true evidence which cannot be attributed to just rampant speculation and market fluctuations...

I think the decline or decreases will be small fry compared to the price rise we would see if a whole industry got on board. Bitcoin still has massive potential in the remittance/gambling/sex industry and if one of those got on board the demand for bitcoin would skyrocket though like I said we'll need patience to see this. Hopefully those that do will be rewarded for it in the future.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 03:15:57 PM

I think the decline or decreases will be small fry compared to the price rise we would see if a whole industry got on board. Bitcoin still has massive potential in the remittance/gambling/sex industry and if one of those got on board the demand for bitcoin would skyrocket though like I said we'll need patience to see this. Hopefully those that do will be rewarded for it in the future.

I've been here (by 'here' I mean both bitcointalk and bitcoin world) since 2013, even before that terrific hike to 1,000$ and beyond (I profited handsomely, by the way), and, honestly, I see no reason why this ("remittance/gambling/sex") should happen in the future if it hadn't happened already... Your ideas?

AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 03:35:59 PM

It's the weekend, during weekend a correction is always expected due the decrease in volume, some people have lifes outside of trading you know.
Honeybooboo

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 04:19:07 PM
Last edit: March 14, 2015, 05:31:32 PM by Honeybooboo

I've been here (by 'here' I mean both bitcointalk and bitcoin world) since 2013, even before that terrific hike to 1,000$ and beyond (I profited handsomely, by the way), and, honestly, I see no reason why this ("remittance/gambling/sex") should happen in the future if it hadn't happened already... Your ideas?

Because it needs time to grow. The general public are sadly generally ignorant and all technology takes time to get accepted by the masses. The internet or personal computers didn't just blow up over night. They were created by geeks and used by geeks but the mainstream realizes a great invention eventually. I think once the remittance/gambling/sex markets realize how much money they can save and the users realize how they don't have to give all their personal details to these gambling or sex sites the benefits double. We just need time.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 04:31:51 PM

Because it needs time to grow. The general public are sadly generally ignorant and all technology takes time to get accepted by the masses. The internet or personal computers didn't just blow up over night. They were created by geeks and used by geeks but the mainstream realizes a great invention eventually. I think once the remittance/gambling/sex markets realize how much money they can save and the users realize how they don't have to give all their personal details to these gambling or sex sites the benefits double. We just need time.

How much time should pass until we begin noticing changes? Personal computers has been around since the '70s, but they didn't make it into the masses because of the price primarily (and software somewhat lagging behind). There are no technological obstacles that could prevent bitcoin widespread adoption, so your examples are irrelevant. Visa and Mastercard transfer money even faster than blockchain, and how many people need online gambling or sex (beyond family)?

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: