Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 03:54:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Ability To Hide Moved Posts.  (Read 680 times)
CrackedLogic (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 07:11:04 AM

If you haven't noticed the Marketplace place board itself is filled with Moved Topics. It's really annoying looking through the marketplace to find only Moved Topics.

Is it possible to hide moved topics or not show them at all?  If a topic is moved to its right section obviously users would look in that section for the topic/item/service they're looking for in the section it would be in.

Also on another note,  would it possible to add a ban appeal sub board? Every second post is either a banned account or a hacked account.

Shocked BUY GAMESWITHBTCITCOINFORDISCOUNTEDPRICES Shocked

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 09:25:27 AM

You can do this with jackjack's BT++ script. It's pretty awesome!

Ban appeal board will be good but I think it will only increase ban appeals though it can be grouped.

-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 1633

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 09:44:13 PM

The reason for the moved thread notification is so that people can see where it's gone if they're not already watching or subscribed to the thread.

However it's up to the mods to leave the notification, and when I move threads, I don't leave moved notifications everywhere. I don't leave behind a moved notification if the forum thread has had no responses yet since only the opening poster is likely to care about the thread so far and they should already have the thread on watch/subscribe.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
CrackedLogic (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 09:32:44 AM

You can do this with jackjack's BT++ script. It's pretty awesome!

Ban appeal board will be good but I think it will only increase ban appeals though it can be grouped.
I actually have jackjack's script installed on my desktop and I haven't noticed that feature. Has it been added recently?
With the ban sub board, it cleans the meta and should make it easier far the mods/admins to sort them out. If it's only temp. Bans it shouldn't be queried at all, you're getting your account back one way or another. Permanent Bans should be able to be queried in that section.
The reason for the moved thread notification is so that people can see where it's gone if they're not already watching or subscribed to the thread.

However it's up to the mods to leave the notification, and when I move threads, I don't leave moved notifications everywhere. I don't leave behind a moved notification if the forum thread has had no responses yet since only the opening poster is likely to care about the thread so far and they should already have the thread on watch/subscribe.
I see your point. If I was watching a thread however and I knew it was in the wrong section after it disappeared from the original board it was In I would obviously look for it in the correct section.

If it can't be removed all together, there should at least be a feature to hide moved threads provided by the forum.

Shocked BUY GAMESWITHBTCITCOINFORDISCOUNTEDPRICES Shocked
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: