Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:52:23 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Pool as of August 2012?  (Read 7312 times)
Krak

Activity: 591
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2012, 04:27:59 PM

if you're getting 5% more of your shares counted on p2pool you're getting 5% more than someone else with the same hashrate.  What do you think your payout would be in p2pool if your efficiency were below 50% compared to someone with 105%?
If your efficiency was below 50%, there's most likely something severely wrong with your internet connection. I'd say get off the dial-up/satellite. I'm on pretty bad DSL and my efficiency is currently sitting at 105.3%.

BTC: 1KrakenLFEFg33A4f6xpwgv3UUoxrLPuGn
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2012, 10:32:27 PM

If everyone could easily get >100% efficiency as electricmucus suggested, where do you think that extra magical BTC comes from within p2pool network ? Surely not from space and time itself.

I haven't. You see my suggestion wasn't that far off after all....
But I am not willing do debate with you, I find your excessive use of the facepalm expression offensive.
Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 10:40:39 PM

If everyone could easily get >100% efficiency as electricmucus suggested, where do you think that extra magical BTC comes from within p2pool network ? Surely not from space and time itself.

I haven't. You see my suggestion wasn't that far off after all....
But I am not willing do debate with you, I find your excessive use of the facepalm expression offensive.

I find your lack of knowledge offensive and then to tell me that I might be wrong when you dont know what it actually is.

Just to recap your own words:

p2pool if you make sure everybody can connect and your node is stable you can easily archive >100% efficiency at all times.

/thread

Re-read what you typed and then try to say again that you didnt state easily >100% efficiency, your own line of defense is claiming archive wasnt a mispelling of achive which is surely is otherwise that whole sentence wouldnt make sense.

Im glad you finally learned about these basics after 1966 posts but next time please remember what you typed before calling me a liar.

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
Krak

Activity: 591

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2012, 12:08:54 AM

Why? Are you a face?

Re-read what you typed and then try to say again that you didnt state easily >100% efficiency, your own line of defense is claiming archive wasnt a mispelling of achive which is surely is otherwise that whole sentence wouldnt make sense.
Achieve, actually.

BTC: 1KrakenLFEFg33A4f6xpwgv3UUoxrLPuGn
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2012, 12:37:13 AM

I haven't accused anybody ITT of lying or otherwise.

My point was that if I have constant efficiency of over 100% on p2pool I have more income than if I were to mine on a 100% fair pool. I still think that is the case and I never have claimed that the overall payout for all p2pool miners goes over 100%. (bitcoins out of thin air). If my original statement still is wrong I apologize, but quite frankly I still can't see what's wrong with it besides nit-picking on things like spelling errors.

Anyway: I don't care really about the subject, I all you wanted was to stumble me on my loudmouth claim which you suspected wasn't properly researched, congratulations you have been successful. If you don't mind I still gonna believe that I am earning more by having more efficiency in p2pool than the average. In case you wanna convince everybody else go ahead, do it faggot.
But you gonna have to debunk the claims on the bitcoinwiki first, good luck with that.

I'm out,

Activity: 756

View Profile
August 09, 2012, 11:05:00 AM

OzCoin down right now but great pool, but now adding fees Sad

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2012, 11:24:03 AM

OzCoin down right now but great pool, but now adding fees Sad

So you don't donate to pools you use? How do you expect pools to have good uptime if you're not paying someone to run it?

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
zvs
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1000

https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2012, 04:23:43 PM

The three pools I use are: (in no particular order)

http://ozco.in
http://bitminter.com
http://maxbtc.com

I would recommend you use these pools because of their fair payout systems (DGM or PPLNS) that cannot be hopped and because they do not have a mandatory fee.

i would say the same except include eclipsemc in there

i'm pretty sure I make less using p2pool.  yes, my 'efficiency' might be higher compared to other people, but i'm still getting like 3-4% rejects, vs 0.1% on some other pool..

well, i0coin, ixcoin, and namecoin made up for it at the start, but now they're about 1/5th (ixcoin and i0coin, namecoin is about 1/2) what they were worth 2 weeks ago.  is there some exchange for i0coin and ixcoin other than vircurex?

Activity: 756

View Profile
August 10, 2012, 12:06:53 PM

OP ever coming back to tell us why he wants PPS? Low hashrate?

Mt. red had a lot of downtime. THey had the highest PPS rate, 2nd highest is ABC

So I wanted to do red but the downtime. then I decided not to do PPS at all

OzCoin good, but just attacked and recovering, halted payouts. and they're introducing a fee soon

Bitminter, if you donate just 1% you don't have to wait for the 120 confirmations (20 hours) to get your bitcoin rewards for each block like you would with OzCoin

DeepBit/BTC Guild, big guys but still got hit with attack and DB has large fee as well as BTC Guild is not the best paying PPS and must have 0.1 to withdraw (deepbit=0.01BTC minimum)

ABC Pool you need 0.2 or else you'll get charged .01 fee to withdraw!

Mt. red i believe NO fees to withdraw

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
racerguy

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 10, 2012, 12:40:55 PM

My point was that if I have constant efficiency of over 100% on p2pool I have more income than if I were to mine on a 100% fair pool. I still think that is the case and I never have claimed that the overall payout for all p2pool miners goes over 100%. (bitcoins out of thin air). If my original statement still is wrong I apologize, but quite frankly I still can't see what's wrong with it besides nit-picking on things like spelling errors.

Anyway: I don't care really about the subject, I all you wanted was to stumble me on my loudmouth claim which you suspected wasn't properly researched, congratulations you have been successful. If you don't mind I still gonna believe that I am earning more by having more efficiency in p2pool than the average. In case you wanna convince everybody else go ahead, do it faggot.
But you gonna have to debunk the claims on the bitcoinwiki first, good luck with that.

I'm out,

You're right 105% efficiency on p2pool = 105% expected return for your hashpower.  Of course for the whole pool returns can only be 100% of expected return over a long enough time, Clipse doesn't know what he's talking about because cgminer getwork efficiency is as related to p2pool efficiency as my car engine efficiency is.
racerguy

View Profile
August 10, 2012, 12:47:17 PM

The three pools I use are: (in no particular order)

http://ozco.in
http://bitminter.com
http://maxbtc.com

I would recommend you use these pools because of their fair payout systems (DGM or PPLNS) that cannot be hopped and because they do not have a mandatory fee.

i would say the same except include eclipsemc in there

i'm pretty sure I make less using p2pool.  yes, my 'efficiency' might be higher compared to other people, but i'm still getting like 3-4% rejects, vs 0.1% on some other pool..

well, i0coin, ixcoin, and namecoin made up for it at the start, but now they're about 1/5th (ixcoin and i0coin, namecoin is about 1/2) what they were worth 2 weeks ago.  is there some exchange for i0coin and ixcoin other than vircurex?

Stales only hurt you if you have relatively higher stales than the rest of the p2pool network, and seeing as you're reporting 3-4% stales compared to the p2pool avg of 6-9% you should be getting greater than expected returns for your hashpower.
Clipse

View Profile
August 10, 2012, 12:49:45 PM

I'm out,

You're right 105% efficiency on p2pool = 105% expected return for your hashpower.  Of course for the whole pool returns can only be 100% of expected return over a long enough time, Clipse doesn't know what he's talking about because cgminer getwork efficiency is as related to p2pool efficiency as my car engine efficiency is.

So you confirm that not everyone can get >100% efficient on p2pool then you tell me I am wrong ? Maybe you should just race into a wall with that logic.

Re-read what electricmucus claimed and what I quoted from his own text before you even bother to comment on what I typed.

Again, not everyone can earn more than 100% from p2pool and only because some people are running <100% and others >100% doesnt mean p2pool will reward everyone at >100% which was the basis of this discussion but I am sure you didnt bother reading into that. jesus people learn2math.

I honestly fail to see how some of the people on this forum even got into bitcoins with the lack of rudimentary mathematical skills.

Btw racerguy, this discussion is not about the p2pool luck factor as reported on p2pool.info , thats completely unrelated to this discussion.

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
racerguy

View Profile
August 10, 2012, 01:09:28 PM

You do know efficiency isnt the same as percentage payout ? p2pool offers pplns and that comes with variance like any other non-pps pool, no way around this unless changing to 0% PPS pool.

Actually efficiency on p2pool = percentage payout, wrong again.
Clipse

View Profile
August 10, 2012, 01:14:06 PM

You do know efficiency isnt the same as percentage payout ? p2pool offers pplns and that comes with variance like any other non-pps pool, no way around this unless changing to 0% PPS pool.

Actually efficiency on p2pool = percentage payout, wrong again.

You are again avoiding the original point, efficiency/luck/whatever on p2pool.info is not guaranteed nor are anyone able to claim that you can earn more than 100% indefinitely. Guess what you can continue to think you are on the right track while missing the whole point of this discussion, p2pool CANNOT guarantee >100% efficiency/luck/whatever you want to call it no matter how hard you try to convince anyone here.

I would bet my left nut that the only reason some people would be getting >100% at times aside from the general luck factor is due to pplns and some miners who stop mining and losing their rewards which are claimed by other continous miners due to pplns.

You can keep on believing you are right it still doesnt make you right.

racerguy

View Profile
August 10, 2012, 01:38:55 PM

Stop talking about p2pool efficiency if you have no idea what it means, it's got nothing to do with getwork efficiency and it's got nothing to do with the overall pool luck displayed on p2pool.info and it's got nothing to do with pplns/miners dropping out.
Subo1977

Activity: 344

Flixxo - Watch, Share, Earn!

View Profile
August 10, 2012, 01:56:04 PM

You can try P2Pool  at my public node. If its ok for You, then you can made You ouwn Node or stay at mine

http://p2pool-cologne.dyndns.org:9332      NO Fee
BTC Adress as Username, Password something

a lot of fun

X       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄██▀▀         ▀▀██▄
  ▄██▀              ▀██▄
 ▄██     ██▄▄          ██▄
▄██      █████▄▄        ██▄
██       ████████▄▄      ██
██       ███████████▄    ██
██       ██████████▀     ██
▀██      ███████▀       ██▀
 ▀██     ████▀         ██▀
  ▀██▄   █▀          ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄         ▄▄██▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
.flixxo    X▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████▀▀███████
█████▀████░░░░░░▄████
█████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████
█████▄░░░░░░░░░░██████
██████░░░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░▄████████
████▄▄░░░░▄▄██████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████████▀█▀██████████
██████▀▀▀▀▀████████
██████▄▄░░▄▄▄░░███████
████████░░███░░███████
████████░░░░░░▀███████
████████░░███▄░░██████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░░██████
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
█████████▄█▄██████████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
X[[]]X
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
August 10, 2012, 02:19:26 PM

Stop talking about p2pool efficiency if you have no idea what it means, it's got nothing to do with getwork efficiency and it's got nothing to do with the overall pool luck displayed on p2pool.info and it's got nothing to do with pplns/miners dropping out.
Does it hurt to be so stupid? Honest question, because I don't know how I could live with myself if I were in such a state.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Clipse

View Profile
August 10, 2012, 02:32:00 PM

Gotcha, p2pool efficiency got nothing to do with nothing and is its own mystical value that relates to nothing else. Thanks for clearing that up, Im about to launch my own p2pool session so I could earn some magical credits.

racerguy

View Profile
August 10, 2012, 03:19:17 PM

p2pool efficiency = (100-your orphan rate)/(100-p2pool orphan rate).  I don't know where you get getwork/p2pool.info/miners dropping out having anything to do with it.
racerguy

View Profile
August 10, 2012, 03:33:23 PM

Also electromucus was correct in his first post, if you forward your p2pool port and allow incoming connections it is easy to achieve >100%efficiency on p2pool which translates to >100% payouts(or I've been lucky the entire last 2 months on p2pool with share).
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: