Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:49:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Pool as of August 2012?  (Read 7302 times)
Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 10, 2012, 03:49:57 PM

Also electromucus was correct in his first post, if you forward your p2pool port and allow incoming connections it is easy to achieve >100%efficiency on p2pool which translates to >100% payouts(or I've been lucky the entire last 2 months on p2pool with share).

Do you read the shit you type? If everyone can easily get >100% efficiency which translate to >100% payouts then there must be some magical >blockreward and there isnt, there is a maximum blockreward + transactions.

The only way you could earn more than 100% PPS on p2pool is the following 3 factors:

1.) p2pool is running lucky and hitting blocks faster than expected poolwide.
2.) PPLNS - alot of miners drop out in long rounds or whatever the reason which rewards the remaining miners with more value for each of their shares due to those dropping out losing value on their shares.
3.) you are full of shit.

None of this relate to a guarantee in magically producing extra btc out of a set btc block value.

If you still dont realise just how stupid your post is, please just shutdown your computer since you have failed all possible logic.

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
racerguy

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 10, 2012, 04:20:16 PM

Also electromucus was correct in his first post, if you forward your p2pool port and allow incoming connections it is easy to achieve >100%efficiency on p2pool which translates to >100% payouts(or I've been lucky the entire last 2 months on p2pool with share).

Do you read the shit you type? If everyone can easily get >100% efficiency which translate to >100% payouts then there must be some magical >blockreward and there isnt, there is a maximum blockreward + transactions.

The only way you could earn more than 100% PPS on p2pool is the following 3 factors:

2.) PPLNS - alot of miners drop out in long rounds or whatever the reason which rewards the remaining miners with more value for each of their shares due to those dropping out losing value on their shares.

None of this relate to a guarantee in magically producing extra btc out of a set btc block value.

If you still dont realise just how stupid your post is, please just shutdown your computer since you have failed all possible logic.

1) nothing to do with what electromucas claimed.
2) nothing to do with what electromucas claimed, also you don't seem to understand how pplns works.
3) If you're going to be a dick about being right, be right or you'll end up with egg all over your face.

[/quote]
p2pool if you make sure everybody can connect and your node is stable you can easily archive >100% efficiency at all times.

/thread

[/quote]
See that if in there?  That means >100% efficiency is conditional on you opening your p2pool port and allowing incoming connections, he never claimed the entire pool was enjoying >100% efficiency.  You just mistakenly assumed he was talking about getwork efficiency then overall pool luck then your own ignorance of pplns led you off on another random tangent.  Like I said if you're going to be a dick about correcting someone be correct.
Clipse

View Profile
August 10, 2012, 04:30:08 PM

1) nothing to do with what electromucas claimed.
2) nothing to do with what electromucas claimed, also you don't seem to understand how pplns works.
3) If you're going to be a dick about being right, be right or you'll end up with egg all over your face.

p2pool if you make sure everybody can connect and your node is stable you can easily archive >100% efficiency at all times.

/thread

[/quote]
See that if in there?  That means >100% efficiency is conditional on you opening your p2pool port and allowing incoming connections, he never claimed the entire pool was enjoying >100% efficiency.  You just mistakenly assumed he was talking about getwork efficiency then overall pool luck then your own ignorance of pplns led you off on another random tangent.  Like I said if you're going to be a dick about correcting someone be correct.

[/quote]

WOW you surely cant be this rediculously stupid. So now everyone open their port and everyone gets >100% Efficiency, that is what you are stating here and in effect everyone would earn >100%.

Please just shutup cause you are just typing with shitstained fingers now, no way I can take you seriously after yet another illogical reply.

PPLNS works exactly as I stated, Im not being a dick just pointing out how fucking stupid you are.

It is users like you who come here bringing down the collective intelligence of this forum slowly but surely straight into the toilet.

ps. I deliberately quote your own broken quote, well played sir.

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
racerguy

Activity: 270

View Profile
August 10, 2012, 04:56:16 PM

If pplns worked like you claimed it could be hopped, miners dropping out dont make your shares magically worth more or pplns pools would be hopped whenever they had a hashrate drop.  pplns shares are worth the same more or less no matter what the entire hashrate of the pool is, it's just with a lower poolwide hashrate you end up with a higher % of shares per last n shares so you get a bigger slice of the less frequent block reward.
Clipse

View Profile
August 10, 2012, 05:12:58 PM

If pplns worked like you claimed it could be hopped, miners dropping out dont make your shares magically worth more or pplns pools would be hopped whenever they had a hashrate drop.  pplns shares are worth the same more or less no matter what the entire hashrate of the pool is, it's just with a lower poolwide hashrate you end up with a higher % of shares per last n shares so you get a bigger slice of the less frequent block reward.

Do you understand english, and yes users dropping out long enough DOES increase your share value if you continue mining, read below if you even care. Your logic that PPLNS would be monitored to get hopped when hashrate drop is silly, now you are assuming people can predict when a block would get hit aswell, LMAO.

PPLNS work exactly as I stated, if we both start a PPLNS block at same time with same hashrate and submit same shares and I stop mining then you would effectively get a bigger slice of the pie for your shares, my shares would reduce in value over time and the difference would in effect get added to the remaining miners(you in this case).

PPLNS can be viewed as Prop with share loss to miners who stop mining, there is nothing special about it. If there is 2 users with 1GH each on a pplns pool and one of the users leave for long enough then I would FOR FREE get the difference and in this case total of 50BTC all to myself with no rewards going to the guy who quit. This is exactly why you could see more earnings aside from luck on p2pool due to PPLNS penalising users quitting within a block period, not sure how you got to hopping since none of this points to me suggesting its possible to hop it, please stop eating bath salts.

Please read up and understand how PPLNS actually works and how your earnings gets affected when you stop mining on a PPLNS pool since you dont seem to understand or simply want to play stupid with your replies.

martychubbs

Activity: 742
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 10, 2012, 08:50:21 PM

if you're getting 5% more of your shares counted on p2pool you're getting 5% more than someone else with the same hashrate.  What do you think your payout would be in p2pool if your efficiency were below 50% compared to someone with 105%?

*double facepalm*

Sure one guy could earn more than another, it doesnt mean everyone can earn more than 100% of available block BTC, that is whats up for discussion here.

If your efficiency for p2pool displayed 200% efficiency then there must be another user with same hashrate getting 0% efficiency and mining into your wallet.

If everyone could easily get >100% efficiency as electricmucus suggested, where do you think that extra magical BTC comes from within p2pool network ? Surely not from space and time itself.

Project X PPS sucks!

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
          ▄▄████████████▄▄
       ▄████████████████████▄
     ▄██████████████▀█████████▄
   ▄███████████████   ██████████▄
  ▐█████████████████   ██████████▌
 ▐█████████████████▀    ██████████▌
 ███████████████▀        ██████████
▐████████████▀     ▄███   █████████▌
████████████    ▄████▀██▄███████████
██████████▀██▄████▀    █████████████
█████████   ███▀     ▄██████████████
▐█████████        ▄████████████████▌
 ██████████    ▄███████████████████
 ▐██████████   ███████████████████▌
  ▐██████████   █████████████████▌
   ▀██████████▄█████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████████████▀
       ▀████████████████████▀
          ▀▀████████████▀▀
              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
    ██
   ████
  ██▌███
 ▐██▌███▌
 ███ ██▀▌
 ▀██ █▄██
 █▄█ ███▀
 ▀██ ██▄█
 █▄█ ███▌
  ██▌███
  ▐█▌██
   ▐█▌
    █
    █
     ▀

░░██████
░░██████
░░██████

░░░░░░░░░░░██████
░░░░░░░░░░░██████
░░░░░░░░░░░██████

██████
██████
██████

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████

▄▄██████▄▄
       ▐██▀    ▀██▌
       ██        ██
       ██        ██
       ██        ██
      ██████████████
      █████  ███████     ██ 
  ██  █  ████████  █ ██   
      ███████  █████    ██   
      ██████████████

▄██▄
▀██▀         ▄██▄
             ▀██▀

▄██▄
       ▀██▀

▄██▄
  ▄██▄     ▀██▀
  ▀██▀

▄▄█▄▄   ▄
█▄        ████████▀▄
███      █████████▀
▐███▄    ████████▌
▄▄█████▄▄▄███████▌
  ▀█████████████
  ▄▄██████████▀
    ▄████████▀
▀▀████████▀
    ▀▀▀

▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄
   ▐█▄████████████▄█▌
  ▐██████████████████▌
  █████▀▀▀████▀▀▀█████
 █████     ██     █████
▐██████▄▄▄████▄▄▄██████▌
 ████▄▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄████
  ▀▀████        ████▀▀
      ▀▀        ▀▀

█▀▀▄▄▄█▄
         █    ▀█▀
       ▄▄█▄▄
▄██▄▄████████▄▄██▄
█████▀▀████▀▀█████
 ███▄  ▄██▄  ▄███
  ▀████▀██▀████▀
    ▀███▄▄███▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██ ██ ██ ██

██ ██ ██

██ ██

██ ██

Homepage

██ ██

██ ██

██ ██ ██

██ ██ ██ ██

White Paper

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 10, 2012, 10:27:26 PM

OP should be here saying:

"Moderator, Moderator?! I'd like to take my thread back"

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
Graet
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2012, 12:51:07 AM

poor effort from p2pool fanbois and clipse, way to shit on what was looking like a useful thread.

ontopic: yes Ozcoin is introducing fees, the topic is Best Pool not cheapest pool Smiley

Ozcoin is a premium pool with good features, introducing a fee ensures the viability of the pool going forward and will allow us to extend our features and improve the pool further.
I guess everyone has forgotten the ARSbitcoin saga - it once was an awesome fee free pool....

| Ozcoin Pooled Mining Pty Ltd https://ozcoin.net Double Geometric Reward System https://lc.ozcoin.net for Litecoin mining DGM| https://crowncloud.net VPS and Dedicated Servers for the BTC community

Activity: 756

View Profile
August 11, 2012, 02:42:53 AM

poor effort from p2pool fanbois and clipse, way to shit on what was looking like a useful thread.

ontopic: yes Ozcoin is introducing fees, the topic is Best Pool not cheapest pool Smiley

Ozcoin is a premium pool with good features, introducing a fee ensures the viability of the pool going forward and will allow us to extend our features and improve the pool further.
I guess everyone has forgotten the ARSbitcoin saga - it once was an awesome fee free pool....

ARSbitcoin saga. never heard of it

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
Graet
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2012, 03:48:38 AM

ARSbitcoin saga. never heard of it
starts here
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=18567.msg606692#msg606692
basically a tale of real life taking over the ability of a 0fee pool operator to continue properly running and maintaining a pool. The BIP16 changes were the final nail in the coffin.

| Ozcoin Pooled Mining Pty Ltd https://ozcoin.net Double Geometric Reward System https://lc.ozcoin.net for Litecoin mining DGM| https://crowncloud.net VPS and Dedicated Servers for the BTC community
Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2012, 08:08:50 AM
Last edit: August 12, 2012, 03:29:51 PM by Transisto

It is users like you who come here bringing down the collective intelligence of this forum slowly but surely straight into the toilet.
How can you be replying to these idiots for this long and add so much insult to it ?
While I agree with everything you said,  Calm down ,,,

I had emucus ignored for as long as I can remember.  I suggest you do the same,

On topic :
I'll continue mining at Ozco for a while since I feel like I owe something to Graet for his great support.
While I think 3% is a lot for long term, heavy miners, he got my trust that this strategy will benefit us all at some point.
Clipse

View Profile
August 12, 2012, 09:49:38 AM

How can you be replying to these idiots for this long and add so much insult to it ?
While I agree with everything you said,  Calm down ,,,

I had emucus ignored for as long as I can remember.  I suggest you do the same,

On topic :
I'll continue mining at Ozco for a while since I feel like I owe something to Graet for his great support.
While I feel 3% is a lot for long term, heavy miners, he got my trust that this strategy will benefit us all at some point.

You are right, I fked up responding so long and feel ashamed as hell. I just find it so frustrating that sometimes I cant help myself to keep responding hoping that something will change, I definitely failed hard with that part, heh.

gilgil

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 12:41:12 PM

So, I just got my brand new BFL BitForce Singles.
I was mining with my graphics card up until a few days ago at DeepBit. Why? Dunno. Just got there somehow.
Anyways, I decided to do some research and find the best pool for my 2 Singles & Graphics card.
Taking into account that reward is dropping in December, I realized that I would like a pool that also shares the tx. fees (that's how Satoshi meant it to be).
Given that, I also wanted the pool with least variance (we all hate variance when it's against us).
Next, I went to https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Comparison_of_mining_pools and found my winner:

BitMinter

- Tx Fees are shared
- No mandatory fee (I donate 2%)
- Hash power is nice - 1 TH/sec

Of course, ever since I started mining there, the luck was against me, but that comes with me, not with the pool...

Bitrated user: gil.
Krak

Activity: 591

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2012, 04:42:58 PM

I was mining with my graphics card up until a few days ago at DeepBit. Why? Dunno. Just got there somehow.
Anyways, I decided to do some research and find the best pool for my 2 Singles & Graphics card.
Taking into account that reward is dropping in December, I realized that I would like a pool that also shares the tx. fees (that's how Satoshi meant it to be).
Given that, I also wanted the pool with least variance (we all hate variance when it's against us).
Next, I went to https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Comparison_of_mining_pools and found my winner:

BitMinter

- Tx Fees are shared

Of course, ever since I started mining there, the luck was against me, but that comes with me, not with the pool...
If you want the least variance (PPS) and transaction fees paid out, Mt. Red would make more sense. Although I would keep BitMinter as a backup; Mt. Red is down fairly often.

BTC: 1KrakenLFEFg33A4f6xpwgv3UUoxrLPuGn
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2012, 04:49:10 PM

BitMinter

- Tx Fees are shared

If you want the least variance (PPS) and transaction fees paid out, Mt. Red would make more sense. Although I would keep BitMinter as a backup; Mt. Red is down fairly often.

Depending on how often MTRED is down Bitminter could have lower variance, especially now that DrH has set N=2.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
Krak

Activity: 591

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2012, 04:55:10 PM

Depending on how often MTRED is down Bitminter could have lower variance, especially now that DrH has set N=2.
Yeah, my only problem with BitMinter is how far away the server is (Germany I think?). I do notice a few more rejects on BitMinter than MaxBTC (the pool that I have the lowest ping to, about 35).

BTC: 1KrakenLFEFg33A4f6xpwgv3UUoxrLPuGn
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2012, 04:58:31 PM

Yeah, my only problem with BitMinter is how far away the server is (Germany I think?). I do notice a few more rejects on BitMinter than MaxBTC (the pool that I have the lowest ping to, about 35).

OK, but my point is that PPS is not the lowest variance method if the site is down a lot.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
moparguy528

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 11:31:08 PM

To answer the OP's question....I mine mostly on Ozco.in and Eclipse using DGM. I've tried others but like them best.

Primary is Ozcoin and that is because it is run by a helpful, respectful guy. Graet is a great person to work with, and when I was a noob I saw his name all over bitcointalk explaining stuff and generally just helping the community out.
psilan

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 12:40:43 AM

Doesn't MtRed have 100% downtime?

dip
DrHaribo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1034

Needs more jiggawatts

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2012, 12:26:48 PM

If you want the least variance (PPS) and transaction fees paid out, Mt. Red would make more sense.

If you want PPS and transaction fees paid out then you are out of luck. That pool doesn't exist.

In the future when transaction fees go up even more we will see PPS pools paying above what they today call "zero fee", because it isn't actually zero fee (transaction fees are not paid out).

▶▶▶ bitminter.com 2011-2020 ▶▶▶ pool.xbtodigital.io 2023-
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: