Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:41:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CanaryInTheMine is further abusing the trust system [Fixed]  (Read 4422 times)
dogie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2015, 08:37:18 AM

I do not trust you because of your misconduct with several manufacturers, therefore I added a tilde in front of your name.  That's the reason, I choose not to trust you.

Which "several manufacturers", what "misconduct"? And that is not the method nor venue of how to "not to trust" people.

I'll let you reply to this before I submit any evidence as maybe you have a different conspiracy theory today.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2015, 08:37:50 AM

Basically his use of these boards is merely to further his advertising sales.

You honestly think I'd accept so much abuse to run a community resource wrongly in order to gain $40 $0 a month? That doesn't make sense...

Inducing flame wars and bump spam in popular threads is part of that game.

Users (like you) flaming me, telling me to go kill myself is not something I can control. They're either evil people or not.

Not really seen any overt abuse by CITM of the system he seems to discuss issues with others and resolves them when there are problems.

Have you read anything I've presented? He has clearly abused the trust system, NOT discussed the issues and has straight up refused to address any problems.

Dogie has no real leg to stand on given his abuses of the trust system.

....Which are?

Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2015, 10:26:56 AM

Basically his use of these boards is merely to further his advertising sales. Inducing flame wars and bump spam in popular threads is part of that game.

He invested a lot of time to create them and it is helpful for many(most) of them. He should earn a small amount from it dor his work. He could have earned much more if he did it for a company or similar. He has the knowledge too. When doing a thing, value isn't for the work but for the knowledge. For example, if you are repairing a hardware, you can see they remove something, they know somethings, they add some etc... Anybody can do such things but they can't remove/add/fix the right one without the *knowledge*.

Not really seen any overt abuse by CITM of the system he seems to discuss issues with others

Look carefully. You will see.

and resolves them when there are problems.

This might be right but he must keep an eye on trust feedback of people on his trust list.

Show me "abuses" of dogie! Thank you!

Edit:

I do not trust you because of your misconduct with several manufacturers, therefore I added a tilde in front of your name.  That's the reason, I choose not to trust you.

Which "several manufacturers", what "misconduct"? And that is not the method nor venue of how to "not to trust" people.

As long as the person in your trust list isn't abusing the trust system, he is good to stay there.

Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 01:26:32 PM
Last edit: March 16, 2015, 04:26:00 PM by Bicknellski

Basically his use of these boards is merely to further his advertising sales. Inducing flame wars and bump spam in popular threads is part of that game.

He invested a lot of time to create them and it is helpful for many(most) of them. He should earn a small amount from it dor his work. He could have earned much more if he did it for a company or similar. He has the knowledge too. When doing a thing, value isn't for the work but for the knowledge. For example, if you are repairing a hardware, you can see they remove something, they know somethings, they add some etc... Anybody can do such things but they can't remove/add/fix the right one without the *knowledge*.

Not really seen any overt abuse by CITM of the system he seems to discuss issues with others

Look carefully. You will see.

and resolves them when there are problems.

This might be right but he must keep an eye on trust feedback of people on his trust list.

Show me "abuses" of dogie! Thank you!

Edit:

I do not trust you because of your misconduct with several manufacturers, therefore I added a tilde in front of your name.  That's the reason, I choose not to trust you.

As long as the person in your trust list isn't abusing the trust system, he is good to stay there.

Feel free to REVIEW Dogie's transgressions as you say I have to review CITM's. Let me know when you are done.
Feel free to explain to me why his SPAMMING threads in order to develop business is a good thing. Let me know when you are done.
Feel free to REVIEW Dogie's concerted efforts to degrade certain companies in an effort to promote his own agenda. Let me know when you are done.

I do not have to do any more than ask you to do a more thorough review of Dogie's posts and efforts in these forums including his own abuse of the trust system against those who have rightly pointed out as CITM's has that he has lied about certain companies in the hardware threads. That is fair reason to pull him from any trust system. If we are basing on that criteria he is well within his right to do so. Again I have not seen anything that couldn't be resolved with a discussion with CITM. Dogie is being more than disingenuous here given there are plenty of people in these forums that would agree he is not to be trusted given his posts about certain companies.

Again let me be clear. I just removed the positive rating I had for Dogie as it is no longer relevant given his transgressions over the past few months. I am seriously entertaining the idea of a negative rating given this is the sort of weak effort to bring people down rather than fix his own issues with trust. Seriously there are few people reading the hardware threads these days that can't see through the BS he is trying pass off as reviews and work for certain companies. It is beyond me why it has taken this long for someone to do this. Nothing shocking in it whatsoever.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2015, 01:44:03 PM
Last edit: March 16, 2015, 03:39:45 PM by Muhammed Zakir

Feel free to REVIEW Dogie's transgressions as you say I have to review CITM's. Let me know when you are done.

Reviewed it earlier. Smiley

Feel free to explain to me why his SPAMMING threads in order to develop business is a good thing.

Please check a dictionary about the word "spam" or use a search engine like Google.

Let me know when you are done.

Done.

Feel free to REVIEW Dogie's concerted efforts to degrade certain companies in an effort to promote his own agenda. Let me know when you are done.

Which companies? What type of "degrade"? Where did he do it?

I do not have to do any more than ask you to do a more thorough review of Dogie's posts and efforts in these forums

So you trust CITM on his each and every action?

including his own abuse of the trust system against those who have rightly pointed out

Where, when and to whom did he do it?

as CITM's has that he has lied about certain companies in the hardware threads.

He hasn't given proof.

That is fair reason to pull him from any trust system.

Proof needed. But this isn't about his trust lost. Many of them trust dogie but because of CITM's action, they will see dogie's trust feedback as 'untrusted'.

If we are basing on that criteria he is well within his right to do so.

But we are not, IMHO. Maybe SaltySpitoon also thinks "no":

Hmm interesting, I don't have any say in the matter, but I am curious. Why would you not just leave Dogie negative feedback if you didn't trust him, rather than excluding him from being trusted by others? Seems a little bit harsh. I don't know too much surrounding all of the parties involved with all of the hardware producing companies and the recent shenanigans, and I don't make judgements unless I'm involved or have a significant amount of information proving something, but just because you don't trust Dogie, is your reason strong enough that others shouldn't be able to make their own decisions and add Dogie to their trust lists?

Again I have not seen anything that couldn't be resolved with a discussion with CITM.

You might be right in this.

Dogie is being more than disingenuous here given there are plenty of people in these forums that would agree he is not to be trusted given his posts about certain companies.

"Certain companies"! I am seeing this for quite sometime. Which? Why? When? Where?

Who are these "plenty people"? Alts? FYI: Persons who tell the truth will always be hatred to others who want to hide it.*

* I am neither saying dogie is telling truth nor saying you or CITM or "plenty people" is trying to hide the truth. Smiley

dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2015, 01:58:20 PM

I am seriously entertaining the idea of a negative rating given this is the sort of weak effort to bring people down

Its amazing how quick you are to jump on what you think is the winning ship. My actions and values have not changed in the last month since Spondoolies decided to go on a crazy rampage, nor the 10 months since you left that rating. But the second that I temporarily lose the ability to affect your rating, you withdraw your positive one and threaten a negative rating.

What a coward.

CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 02:33:46 PM

Hmm interesting, I don't have any say in the matter, but I am curious. Why would you not just leave Dogie negative feedback if you didn't trust him, rather than excluding him from being trusted by others? Seems a little bit harsh. I don't know too much surrounding all of the parties involved with all of the hardware producing companies and the recent shenanigans, and I don't make judgements unless I'm involved or have a significant amount of information proving something, but just because you don't trust Dogie, is your reason strong enough that others shouldn't be able to make their own decisions and add Dogie to their trust lists?

Anyone can add him to their trust list if they wish.
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2015, 02:46:55 PM

I do not trust you because of your misconduct with several manufacturers, therefore I added a tilde in front of your name.  That's the reason, I choose not to trust you.

Anyone can add him to their trust list if they wish.

That's not how it works. Because you don't like me you've excluded me from everyone's trust lists, and your answer to that the other 465,409 members can still add me manually? Well, at least we've removed all doubt that you should be removed from DefaultTrust, because either you don't understand it (and make no effort to) or are willingly abusing it.

And I'll ask again:

Which "several manufacturers", what "misconduct"?

Guy Corem
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2015, 03:04:26 PM
Last edit: March 16, 2015, 03:17:27 PM by Spondoolies-Tech

...  My actions and values have not changed in the last month since Spondoolies decided to go on a crazy rampage ...

Don't drag me into your shit.

Where did I call you a thief?

You said that we took 3-4 months preorders on our 1st gen which is another lie.

You preordered 'batches' of SP10 significantly into the future, while not far from release of SP10 were already preordering SP30s and SP10 + SP30 kits.

Every time I need to interact with you I get strong feeling of nausea.
I'm trying to disengage but you keep dragging me into your swamp.

... Being called a liar and a thief by a CEO ...

I repeat -
Where did I call you a thief ?

... what happened in the first generation and its something I discussed with them at the time. Even when they were selling 'in hand' hardware via batches [fine], some batches were being sold 3-4 months in advance ...
Most of our 1st gen customers received their miners within a 30 days period of ordering them.
Some received it after 30-60 days.
Our entire 1st gen selling period was under 3 months.

I've spotted many more lies written in the last few pages, I gave an example of two.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/liar

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
Finksy
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 03:09:29 PM

in the last month since Spondoolies decided to go on a crazy rampage
By crazy rampage you mean stopped trying to reason with you because they saw that it was a helpless cause, as MANY of those who peruse Hardware have come to the same conclusion?

It's statements like these that make people question your integrity as a self-proclaimed neutral reviewer of mining hardware/companies.  You pass off half-opinion, half-fact statements as if they are gospel, and when called out on it play the run-around game without answering questions directly.  More importantly, even when proven wrong you hardly ever come clean or apologize to those you offend.

Am I right to understand that Bitmain is not expressing interest in renewing any contracts with you for upcoming hardware? Maybe instead of using that tired-out index finger around here, you should start looking in the mirror.  The "Woe is Dogie" act is getting has gotten old, even in the short time I've been around here.  Even when you present plausible concerns, it is nearly impossible to take you seriously, because everything you say and do around here has been quite seemingly self-interested.  You claim to no longer be making advertising revenue, have you considered that maybe it has to do with the way you conduct yourself around here, and that people no longer want to attach their branding to your posting?

Edit: SP-Tech posted while I was typing, but everything stated is completely valid.

IBM 2880W PSU Packages: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=966135 IBM 4K PSU Breakout Boards & Packages: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1308296 
Server PSU-powered GPU rig solutions! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1864539  Wallet address: 1GWQYCv22cAikgTgT1zFuAmsJ9fFqq9TXf 
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2015, 03:18:55 PM

By crazy rampage you mean stopped trying to reason with you because they saw that it was a helpless cause

Its the other way around. I conclusively and undeniably proved to ST that their accusations were false, and responded by ramming their head in the sand. That's not my problem.

Until your next round of lies.

Cool. If you still have some time on your hands, you can read about a week before and after this post to see that the criteria was not changed, was not changed just for you and that you were not even the first company for the methodology to be applied to.

Uses preorders?   Yes ... O Rly? BFL Hasn't taken preorders in months. Additionally we were and are selling off the shelf miners from the 65nm generation.

I'm not sure how you can argue you don't use preorders, you have done, and you continue to do as your main business model. 65nm (for the vast majority) and your monarchs were both sold as preorder products, delivered in 2 weeks. Unless you're talking about this split second at which point the only things you're selling are 10GH miners @ $5/GH - I can't give you a pat on the back for that. If you do sell in hand Monarchs once your queue is cleared AND then don't sell preorders on whatever comes after then you'll of course get your deserved 20 points. Heck, I'll even send you a prize in the post if I can get it through customs Smiley
Keep lying and BS-ing.

LOL what? I categorically and irrefutably disprove your claims and you deny the posts' existence? Is this another conspiracy? Did Theymos plant pages of posts back in time?

Guy Corem
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2015, 03:25:49 PM

By crazy rampage you mean stopped trying to reason with you because they saw that it was a helpless cause

Its the other way around. I conclusively and undeniably proved to ST that their accusations were false, and responded by ramming their head in the sand. That's not my problem.

Until your next round of lies.

Cool. If you still have some time on your hands, you can read about a week before and after this post to see that the criteria was not changed, was not changed just for you and that you were not even the first company for the methodology to be applied to.

Uses preorders?   Yes ... O Rly? BFL Hasn't taken preorders in months. Additionally we were and are selling off the shelf miners from the 65nm generation.

I'm not sure how you can argue you don't use preorders, you have done, and you continue to do as your main business model. 65nm (for the vast majority) and your monarchs were both sold as preorder products, delivered in 2 weeks. Unless you're talking about this split second at which point the only things you're selling are 10GH miners @ $5/GH - I can't give you a pat on the back for that. If you do sell in hand Monarchs once your queue is cleared AND then don't sell preorders on whatever comes after then you'll of course get your deserved 20 points. Heck, I'll even send you a prize in the post if I can get it through customs Smiley
Keep lying and BS-ing.

LOL what? I categorically and irrefutably disprove your claims and you deny the posts' existence? Is this another conspiracy? Did Theymos plant pages of posts back in time?

Liar, where did I call you a thief ?

Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
Guy Corem
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2015, 03:57:51 PM

No answer. So we established dogie is a liar.

Guy Corem
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2015, 04:01:31 PM

Next, dogie "abusing" reporting to moderator function, sucking the life out of Hardware subsection.
Here are two recent examples:

Changed thread title to reflect changes in the available hardware section biased and opinionated guides.
A smile post I've made in reply got deleted.
I believe I know which dog complained to the mods.
I'm not expecting anything from him.
I do expect the mods to be more tolerant.

Guy

The following post was also deleted by a mod, most probably after dogie complaining:
(The context is: I've noticed dogie's "welcome" to SFARDS, a new ASIC manufacturer from China and a competitor to dogie's employer.

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by a Bitcoin Forum moderator. Posts are most frequently deleted because they are off-topic, though they can also be deleted for other reasons. In the future, please avoid posting things that need to be deleted.

Have you had any test batches made, or will these be the first chips?

and

While I don't doubt their skills, its worth highlighting the word "predicted". Those chips aren't tested yet.

Dogie is marking his territory [by peeing on the new kid in the block]

FDSOI MPWs are rare.

Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2015, 04:08:31 PM

Next, dogie "abusing" reporting to moderator function, sucking the life out of Hardware subsection.
Here are two recent examples:

Code:
[quote author=Spondoolies-Tech link=topic=799423.msg10639045#msg10639045 date=1425364510]
[quote author=Bicknellski link=topic=799423.msg10618938#msg10618938 date=1425205269]
Changed thread title to reflect changes in the available hardware section biased and opinionated guides.
[/quote]
A smile post I've made in reply got deleted.
I believe I know which dog complained to the mods.
I'm not expecting anything from him.
I do expect the mods to be more tolerant.

Guy
[/quote]

The following post was also deleted by a mod, most probably after dogie complaining:
(The context is: I've noticed dogie's "welcome" to SFARDS, a new ASIC manufacturer from China and a competitor to dogie's employer.

[quote author="Bitcoin Forum"]
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by a Bitcoin Forum moderator. Posts are most frequently deleted because they are off-topic, though they can also be deleted for other reasons. In the future, please avoid posting things that need to be deleted.

[quote][quote author=dogie link=topic=985400.msg10736804#msg10736804 date=1426080029]
Have you had any test batches made, or will these be the first chips?
[/quote]

and

[quote author=dogie link=topic=985354.msg10735224#msg10735224 date=1426068596]
While I don't doubt their skills, its worth highlighting the word "predicted". Those chips aren't tested yet.
[/quote]

Dogie is marking his territory [by peeing on the new kid in the block]

[img]http://www.freakingnews.com/pictures/82000/Dog-Peeing-on-a-Boy-82259.jpg[/img]

FDSOI MPWs are rare.[/quote]
[/quote]

To be honest, it is spam and even if dogie reports a post, it is moderator's decision whether to delete it or not and I don't think they will selectively delete someone's post to help another. Smiley

Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 04:28:17 PM
Last edit: March 16, 2015, 11:47:24 PM by Bicknellski

Dogie is being more than disingenuous here given there are plenty of people in these forums that would agree he is not to be trusted given his posts about certain companies.

Do your own RESEARCH on Dogie's record. There is ample evidence. I am guessing you have not done much reading in the hardware threads.

You seem to be Trolling here. I am done responding to your questions until you read to some depth into Dogie otherwise there is no much point in having a discussion. Do your homework. I have read plenty of the complaints against Dogie and CITM. If I were to put trust in either it be hands down CITM based on my own research. Do your own research and catch up with the reality of the situation.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Guy Corem
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2015, 05:39:30 PM

CanaryInTheMine has previously come under fire for misusing his level 1 DefaultTrust position by adding users into his trust list in return for leaving him positive trust. This further increased Canary's own trust score and power, as well as the addition of many accounts added inappropriately to DefaultTrust. This included newbies, those abusing their level 2 trust and others running questionable operations. He has refused to chance his practises and is further now abusing that self given power at the detriment of the forums.

When you put some numbers on the trust network, its pretty shocking case of abuse and centralisation of influence.

There are currently 417 accounts in DefaultTrust lists, of which 211 (53%) are from Canary.
181 (100%) of people who left Canary 'trusted' trust are in DefaultTrust because Canary added them to it
(+ some overlapers).

What is more, he has started abusing his inappropriately self appointed power. He has ~trusted several accounts, including me, aggressively in order to inappropriately shield his own interests. CITM is heavily involved with ASICMiner.

AirWolf - because he put a bounty on information regarding ASICMiner (to regain his investment)
Silverspoon - because he was critical of ASICMiner
SpanishSoldier - because he was critical of ASICMiner
NotLambchop - because he was critical of ASICMiner (although he is a bit hash)

And... me. CITM has refused to respond as to why he has ~'ed me and does not respond to PMs. Its one thing to buff his own ratings, but he is now directly inhibiting the very reason for default trust's existence for his own personal gain. There are currently 10 phising accounts, scam accounts or PM spammers that I am the only trust rating for, which are now unmarked.

Canary should either be forced to alter his negative practises or face removal from DefaultTrust.

An Israeli classic. The meaning is clear I believe, even if you don't understand Hebrew:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-9ahtQuY1E&app=desktop

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 05:52:50 PM

Given the large number of scams that various mining manufacturers have pulled off throughout bitcoin's history, I think it would probably be appropriate for none of the mining manufacturers to be anywhere near the default trust system.

Allowing the manufacturers to receive benefits from being on the default trust network makes them appear to be more trustworthy then they probably should be considered. Take friedcat for example, his close relationship with CITM has allowed him to maintain an impenetrateable trust rating that is maintained at +150 despite having 3 negatives from people in the default trust network. He received positive trust ratings from an artificially high number of his customers. As a result he was trusted enough to be able to steal over a million dollars from his customers.

If I were an outsider and I were considering to buy from Bitmain, SP, or even FC, then I could see that they all have positive trust score, and have their trust opinions trusted by default so I may elect to cease further due diligence on their operations prior to investing large amounts of money into their equipment.

All three of the above just so happen to be on CITM's trust network.
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 05:59:02 PM

Given the large number of scams that various mining manufacturers have pulled off throughout bitcoin's history, I think it would probably be appropriate for none of the mining manufacturers to be anywhere near the default trust system.

Allowing the manufacturers to receive benefits from being on the default trust network makes them appear to be more trustworthy then they probably should be considered. Take friedcat for example, his close relationship with CITM has allowed him to maintain an impenetrateable trust rating that is maintained at +150 despite having 3 negatives from people in the default trust network. He received positive trust ratings from an artificially high number of his customers. As a result he was trusted enough to be able to steal over a million dollars from his customers.

If I were an outsider and I were considering to buy from Bitmain, SP, or even FC, then I could see that they all have positive trust score, and have their trust opinions trusted by default so I may elect to cease further due diligence on their operations prior to investing large amounts of money into their equipment.

All three of the above just so happen to be on CITM's trust network.
While I used to have friedcat in my trust list when there were no issues, he is not in there anymore, either forever or until that situation gets resolved.  your slander is useless.
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2015, 06:21:44 PM

No answer. So we established dogie is a liar.

No, we established dogie went outside for 2 hours Cheesy

While you're here CITM, please answer the topic:

Which "several manufacturers", what "misconduct"?

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: