Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:24:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive Manufacturer Trustworthiness Guide [1st Feb 2016]  (Read 131291 times)
Guy Corem
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2015, 07:11:37 PM

this isn't about a "scam" its about your lies, per Guy. stick to the topic Guy is hammering you on. 

The amount of BS and lies one person dog can write poop.

Yet I'm the one ignoring the topic, right? Undecided

I believe our NDA is actually doing you a favour. It prevents you from further humiliating yourself.

Then you'll have no problem releasing me from the NDA, right? Or are you going to hide behind it again?
No matter how many times you'll ask, I won't release you from your NDA, which you gladly signed.

That's okay, you're free to hide behind it all you like.
That's okay, you can keep lie about not changing your ranking criteria specifically for us.

Then we're cool then? Tongue
Until your next round of lies.

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dogie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2015, 07:26:03 PM

Cool. If you still have some time on your hands, you can read about a week before and after this post to see that the criteria was not changed, was not changed just for you and that you were not even the first company for the methodology to be applied to.

Uses preorders?   Yes ... O Rly? BFL Hasn't taken preorders in months. Additionally we were and are selling off the shelf miners from the 65nm generation.

I'm not sure how you can argue you don't use preorders, you have done, and you continue to do as your main business model. 65nm (for the vast majority) and your monarchs were both sold as preorder products, delivered in 2 weeks. Unless you're talking about this split second at which point the only things you're selling are 10GH miners @ $5/GH - I can't give you a pat on the back for that. If you do sell in hand Monarchs once your queue is cleared AND then don't sell preorders on whatever comes after then you'll of course get your deserved 20 points. Heck, I'll even send you a prize in the post if I can get it through customs Smiley

Guy Corem
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2015, 07:39:12 PM

Cool. If you still have some time on your hands, you can read about a week before and after this post to see that the criteria was not changed, was not changed just for you and that you were not even the first company for the methodology to be applied to.

Uses preorders?   Yes ... O Rly? BFL Hasn't taken preorders in months. Additionally we were and are selling off the shelf miners from the 65nm generation.

I'm not sure how you can argue you don't use preorders, you have done, and you continue to do as your main business model. 65nm (for the vast majority) and your monarchs were both sold as preorder products, delivered in 2 weeks. Unless you're talking about this split second at which point the only things you're selling are 10GH miners @ $5/GH - I can't give you a pat on the back for that. If you do sell in hand Monarchs once your queue is cleared AND then don't sell preorders on whatever comes after then you'll of course get your deserved 20 points. Heck, I'll even send you a prize in the post if I can get it through customs Smiley
Keep lying and BS-ing.

Going to watch house of cards.

Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2015, 07:57:13 PM

Keep lying and BS-ing.

LOL what? I categorically and irrefutably disprove your claims and you deny the posts' existence? Is this another conspiracy? Did Theymos plant pages of posts back in time?

Guy Corem
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2015, 08:21:19 PM

Keep lying and BS-ing.

LOL what? I categorically and irrefutably disprove your claims and you deny the posts' existence? Is this another conspiracy? Did Theymos plant pages of posts back in time?
No, you didn't - categorically and irrefutably disprove my claims.

dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2015, 08:45:31 PM

Keep lying and BS-ing.

Well, yes I did. You claimed:

What you don't say is that you changed your own criteria especially for us.

At least you admit you cooked the criteria in December. "In December I added more descriptive text" ...

Show me a proof that you've posted an explanation about your "pre-order" criteria relating to next gen "business model" BS before December. Dogie, you're simply a lier.

That's okay, you can keep lying about not changing your ranking criteria specifically for us.

I proved all the above to be false. I evidenced a mirror image discussion with BFL about the SAME CRITERIA and the SAME IMPLEMENTATION in SEPTEMBER, 3 months before you claim I made them up from scratch for you in DECEMBER.

Guy Corem
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2015, 08:47:27 PM
Last edit: February 27, 2015, 09:02:55 PM by Spondoolies-Tech

Keep lying and BS-ing.

Well, yes I did. You claimed:

What you don't say is that you changed your own criteria especially for us.

At least you admit you cooked the criteria in December. "In December I added more descriptive text" ...

Show me a proof that you've posted an explanation about your "pre-order" criteria relating to next gen "business model" BS before December. Dogie, you're simply a lier.

That's okay, you can keep lying about not changing your ranking criteria specifically for us.

I proved all the above to be false. I evidenced a mirror image discussion with BFL about the SAME CRITERIA and the SAME IMPLEMENTATION in SEPTEMBER, 3 months before you claim I made them up from scratch for you in DECEMBER.
No, you didn't.

What you omitted:

The system is weighted heavily on the immediate past

Even by your criteria:

- We didn't take pre-orders since November.
- We don't rely on pre-order for our next gen. I can't even begin to count the number of times I've said it. It's not our main business model. I even took the time to explain to you our business model for our next gen.

Yet, you keep claiming that "you continue to do as your main business model"

This is simply a lie and you know it.

jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 09:17:14 PM

Why does SPtech need to prove they can survive without preorders any more than Bitmain has to prove they've fixed their hardware/communication issues?

More importantly, why does SPtech have to prove something they've already proven? Their ENTIRE first gen was sold without preorders (was sold from stock and BTO), and half of their 2nd gen was sold from stock.

Dogie, please just stop being childish/biased and give SPtech the score they deserve.
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2015, 09:36:31 PM

What you omitted:

Nope. The first 3 sentences are in reply to Josh's "Delivered miners" questions, that's pretty obvious.

Irrelevant under the criteria because your business model can't support non preorders, as below.

- We don't rely on pre-order for our next gen. I can't even begin to count the number of times I've said it. It's not our main business model. I even took the time to explain to you our business model for our next gen. Yet, you keep claiming that "you continue to do as your main business model". This is simply a lie and you know it.

Can you afford generation 3 without selling preorders, raising millions of $ or using 'investment' orders? Its a simple yes or no.

Guy Corem
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2015, 09:45:05 PM

What you omitted:

Nope. The first 3 sentences are in reply to Josh's "Delivered miners" questions, that's pretty obvious.

Irrelevant under the criteria because your business model can't support non preorders, as below.

- We don't rely on pre-order for our next gen. I can't even begin to count the number of times I've said it. It's not our main business model. I even took the time to explain to you our business model for our next gen. Yet, you keep claiming that "you continue to do as your main business model". This is simply a lie and you know it.

Can you afford generation 3 without selling preorders, raising millions of $ or using 'investment' orders? Its a simple yes or no.

If you're asking if we can afford our entire gen3 planned capacity without injecting more funds via additional investment or pre-selling mining capacity to accredited investors, the answer is no.
The same goes for every other company in the space.

For the last time, since you seems to have difficulties in understanding: we'll not sell our gen3 products to consumers without proving the technology first. Afterwards, we might, but then it won't be pre-ordering. It might be selling by batches.

You're very tiring, I'm going to sleep.

dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2015, 10:07:17 PM

If you're asking if we can afford our entire gen3 planned capacity without injecting more funds via additional investment or pre-selling mining capacity to accredited investors, the answer is no.
The same goes for every other company in the space.

For the last time, since you seems to have difficulties in understanding: we'll not sell our gen3 products to consumers without proving the technology first. Afterwards, we might, but then it won't be pre-ordering. It might be selling by batches.

So tldr your current business model / situation can not support generation 3 without preordering (/ preordering under another name) or some miracle investment. Under no circumstances could those statements EVER qualify you for running a business model that can get by selling purely out of hand.

You have a transitional arrangement that allows you to prove otherwise and raise the $Ms need to make it happen.

TheRealSteve

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

FUN > ROI

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 11:00:23 PM

This back-and-forth is amusing ( less so for the parties involved, I'm sure - it's getting into B/M levels, and those did get old real fast ), but my BTC0.02:
Can you afford generation 3 without selling 1. preorders, 2. raising millions of $ or 3. using 'investment' orders? Its a simple yes or no.
(numbers added for clarity)

"a simple yes or no" it isn't, as it's technically 3 criteria and thus 3 questions:
1. is quite literally "pre-orders" - i.e. I give you money in exchange for a product which you say you plan on delivering later.  That should fit anybody's definition of pre-orders.

3. is more of a grey area.  That's making it sound like pre-orders, but also like investments.  An investment where the payoff would be actual gear (or mining capacity) instead of, or in addition to, shares / dividends.  The differences with 1. are that the investors are a select group who know - or should reasonably know - that they're not being promised the gear (or capacity), but instead only promised that which is written in whatever contract applies.  E.g. the prospectus or contract could outline what their goals are, what their plan for reaching those goals are, and outline the associated risks and challenges such that if things don't work out and there's no sign of mismanagement.. well, that's investments for you.

2. is the one that's perplexing me the most - since when is the need to raise capital a characteristic of a pre-order?  The ones providing said capital (be it investment, or a loan) aren't actually ordering anything.  They don't much care about what's actually being produced other than if nothing gets produced, they probably won't see any returns / that loan paid back.

Your definition used for the pre-orders scoring is a little more vague, though.
Preorders?
Preorders are extremely bad for the industry and put all the financial risk on the buyer. This criterion does not act as a snapshot, but a longer term (both past and future) "does this company engage in preorders". A company who's business model relies on preorders to fund development and new generations is still considered to utilise preorders even if they intermediately sell some products from stock. Transitional scores may be used when companies have promised the exclusion of preorders but have yet to prove their business model can operate without them.

There's two points of contention I can see there:
A. the 'past and future' is not defined.  The past: If a company took pre-orders 1 year ago, does that still weigh on the scoring now?  If not, what about 2 months?  The future: Should this actually matter?  If a company announces that in 2 months they'll start taking pre-orders, should that weigh on their score now, even if in 1 month they might change their mind and say they won't take pre-orders the next month after all?

B. "prove their business model can operate without them" lies entirely at the whim of what the 'business model' is, and what the exact definition of "them" (pre-orders) is.  Just as an example: BitFury's business model is quite a different one from most of the other manufacturers'.  They also took several investment rounds.  Could they have proved to operate their business model without those investment rounds?  More importantly - if those investment rounds are equivalent to the earlier points 2/3 as it pertains to the "them" in that sentence - did they?

I'm certainly not arguing that you should change scores, but rather to rethink/clarify definitions.

The earlier points 2 and 3, in my humble opinion, have far less to do with pre-orders as most people understand them than with solvency and/or financial health. SP's solvency is probably not in question (unlike, say, BFL's given recent events), but their financial health as it pertains to their next gen development may be (as admitted by SP).  If that were a separate line item, with scores set as applicable, there may still be some argument over whether or not the scoring itself is just, or whether that item in itself is just - but not about whether or not the score actually applies to the item for which it's listed; which seems to be the main argument in the back-and-forth.

tl;dr: Define "pre-order"

As an aside: NDAs suck :)

dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2015, 12:09:17 AM

Hurrah, an adult discussion!

2. is the one that's perplexing me the most - since when is the need to raise capital a characteristic of a pre-order?  The ones providing said capital (be it investment, or a loan) aren't actually ordering anything.  They don't much care about what's actually being produced other than if nothing gets produced, they probably won't see any returns / that loan paid back.

The investment itself isn't being considered a preorder. What is suggestive of a preorder model though, is that unless a huge investment is received, you either can't do that generation or it has to be funded using preorders. And so in the absence of an investment - you're business model is one of preorders.

Its not acceptable to say "but we can/will get investment" and so we won't need to use preorders because its not a certainty and its not taken place. It would be like ASICMiner putting out a press release saying they can make 0.01W/GH chips with the stipulations that they need $15M, Intel will license the use of proprietary technology for free, TSMC will rush them in ahead of all other companies, and as long as their simulations are correct. ASICMiner can not be accepted to have 0.01W/GH chips until they actually make and prove them. This situation is analogous - ST is not a non preorder company / business model until they can prove it.

Your definition used for the pre-orders scoring is a little more vague, though.
Preorders?
Preorders are extremely bad for the industry and put all the financial risk on the buyer. This criterion does not act as a snapshot, but a longer term (both past and future) "does this company engage in preorders". A company who's business model relies on preorders to fund development and new generations is still considered to utilise preorders even if they intermediately sell some products from stock. Transitional scores may be used when companies have promised the exclusion of preorders but have yet to prove their business model can operate without them.

There's two points of contention I can see there:
A. the 'past and future' is not defined.  The past: If a company took pre-orders 1 year ago, does that still weigh on the scoring now?  If not, what about 2 months?  The future: Should this actually matter?  If a company announces that in 2 months they'll start taking pre-orders, should that weigh on their score now, even if in 1 month they might change their mind and say they won't take pre-orders the next month after all?

Its getting a bit harder to pick out questions here but I'll try. To start I'll say that this rating system uses discrete states in order to 'score' various factors as its less subjective and *should* provide less arguing and more transparency. In a system where a company can score 1-10 on any criterion then there will be endless bickering point for point both insulated within a company's own rating and comparative to other companies.

The side effect of discrete states is that its more unforgiving for those near boarders or in transition. At some point you have to set a mark and put a rating on one side or the other. Theoretically, as long as you impart the same methodology on all companies then there can physically be no disagreements without going down the conspiracy theory line like we have here. "You made it up just for us, even though you imparted the exact same methodology on another company, 3+ months prior". There isn't anything I can really do about that.

I'll answer your question with another scenario as its not really a yes or no-able question. If Bitmain continued to sell out of hand as it has done for a long long time, but said "right that's it, S6 onwards is preorder", would YOU take it into account now? I would say it would be taken into account as its clear that they're a preorder company and for the foreseeable future will be. How many notches that would put a similar company down during the transition period is debatable. Its worth remembering that going from a preorder model to a not preorder model should be and is treated differently as its not as straight forward a switch. Even with best intentions its not always possible.

B. "prove their business model can operate without them" lies entirely at the whim of what the 'business model' is, and what the exact definition of "them" (pre-orders) is.  Just as an example: BitFury's business model is quite a different one from most of the other manufacturers'.  They also took several investment rounds.  Could they have proved to operate their business model without those investment rounds? More importantly - if those investment rounds are equivalent to the earlier points 2/3 as it pertains to the "them" in that sentence - did they?

As in my first paragraph, I don't consider investments themselves to be preorders. If you raise investment money via financing, private equity investment etc then good on you. In regards to the specific ST case, I object to the claim that they can do non-preorders, as long as they raise investment. Receiving an investment and wanting investment certainly aren't the same thing and so don't receive the same treatment. If we see an article on CoinDesk that ST has raised a further $XM or $XXM then great on them, and then it would go a hell of a long way towards proving it.

I'm certainly not arguing that you should change scores, but rather to rethink/clarify definitions.

I keep clarifications to a minimum even when they're beneficial because it leads to all sorts of conspiracy theories as you can see. Apparently others are able to judge my criteria, my interpretations and my intentions better than me. On top of that, its the same reason why I keep updates to a minimum. Regardless of what a company scores, consumers and / or the company will be mad at me one way or another. Its not fun being flamed for days and days as a result of providing a free resource designed to help the community, by people who provide NOTHING themselves.

The earlier points 2 and 3, in my humble opinion, have far less to do with pre-orders as most people understand them than with solvency and/or financial health. SP's solvency is probably not in question (unlike, say, BFL's given recent events), but their financial health as it pertains to their next gen development may be (as admitted by SP).  If that were a separate line item, with scores set as applicable, there may still be some argument over whether or not the scoring itself is just, or whether that item in itself is just - but not about whether or not the score actually applies to the item for which it's listed; which seems to be the main argument in the back-and-forth.

Never make assumptions. We've seen publicly that BFL has more bitcoins in cash than ST raised publicly in equity.

As an aside: NDAs suck Smiley

Yes, they do. I let ST know today that I've terminated our NDA but it doesn't release prior information unless Guy authorises it. If anyone's counting, I do have also have an NDA but its in a very different form which means I can disclose anything if its done in the best intentions of the company / not maliciously and has a MUCH shorter expiry time.

Guy Corem
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2015, 03:34:00 AM

Dogie, the amount of BS you're capable of producing is simply amazing.

I came to the conclusion, probably a bit too late, that nothing good will come from further interacting with you. I see you now as a negative force in this industry.

I don't intend to post anymore in your threads and I request that you won't post in ours. I intend to delete your posts without warning.

Guy

dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2015, 04:07:41 AM

I came to the conclusion, probably a bit too late, that nothing good will come from further interacting with you. I see you now as a negative force in this industry.

I don't intend to post anymore in your threads and I request that you won't post in ours. I intend to delete your posts without warning.

Because you didn't get the score you wanted? Really?

RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 04:51:20 AM

I'm not on trial here, nor do I have to prove my 'innocence'. Even so, I checked and the oldest version dropbox archived is 9th Jan 2015. There is an internet archive version here from October which shows the only description was:

Preorders?
Preorders are a recipe for disaster and puts all the risk on the buyer.

As I said, I added more descriptive text.

You are not on a trial, but when you run a public service like a "Manufacturer Guide" it is fair for everyone to know all the details behind it. Otherwise you can keep the Guide for yourself.

So let me get this straight. You run this Guide since February 2014 and only in December you decided to "add more descriptive text" surprisingly in the same time where this descriptive text would make the difference between two top manufacturers, one of them being the one that pays you big $$$.

I need a minute to puke!

Guy Corem
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2015, 04:54:07 AM

Because you didn't get the score you wanted? Really?
When I'm weighting the pros and cons of further interacting with you, the cons wins big time.

Look at your contribution and "legacy" in the Hardware subsection. The last three months thought me that you're mainly concerned with self promoting your threads.
The hardware reviews are a shining example. Even now you call them spam.

I wrote it before, your actions sucks the life out of hardware.
Your actions surrounding the manufacturers's poll are another shining example.

I don't intend to reply further.

Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 10:20:17 AM

Am I the only one who smells desperation when the biggest mining HW manufacturers goes apeshit on a dog meme?

"I predict the Internet will soon go spectacularly supernova and in 1996 catastrophically collapse." - Robert Metcalfe, 1995
PatMan

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2015, 10:21:56 AM

Am I the only one who smells desperation when the biggest mining HW manufacturers goes apeshit on a dog meme?

Yes. You are the only one.

"When one person is deluded it is called insanity - when many people are deluded it is called religion" - Robert M. Pirsig.  I don't want your coins, I want change.
Amazon UK BTC payment service - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=301229.0 - with FREE delivery!
http://www.ae911truth.org/ - http://rethink911.org/ - http://rememberbuilding7.org/
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2015, 02:02:53 PM

I'm not on trial here, nor do I have to prove my 'innocence'. Even so, I checked and the oldest version dropbox archived is 9th Jan 2015. There is an internet archive version here from October which shows the only description was:

Preorders?
Preorders are a recipe for disaster and puts all the risk on the buyer.

As I said, I added more descriptive text.

You are not on a trial, but when you run a public service like a "Manufacturer Guide" it is fair for everyone to know all the details behind it. Otherwise you can keep the Guide for yourself.

So let me get this straight. You run this Guide since February 2014 and only in December you decided to "add more descriptive text" surprisingly in the same time where this descriptive text would make the difference between two top manufacturers, one of them being the one that pays you big $$$.

I need a minute to puke!

What you need is to spend a minute to read what actually happened, you seem to have missed all the facts.

February 2014 - guide started.
July 2014 - Guide changed from single letter ratings to individual criteria and a total numerical score.
September 2014 - Requirement that business model must be able to support preorders and not just the promise of preorders first utilised in September 2014 against BFL. May be earlier instances.
December 2014  - Transitional arrangements implemented on TWO companies. Spondoolies still claims its unfair and used to target them only Huh.
February 2014 - Spondoolies claims that these arrangements were never noted before December and were created solely for them.

Yup yup yup. And while we're on the subject of money, Spondoolies paid owes more money than Bitmain ever has.

Next?

Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: