Auction is for a Dell r320 server ready to go with all the software necessary to run a clone of btct.co.Starting bid:
$15,000 USD (Currently 52 BTC)Buy it now:
$100,000 USD (Currently 350 BTC, BIN becomes unavailable if bidding reaches $80,000 USD)Bid methods:
Post on this thread -or- email ceo ]@[ btct.co -or- PM BTC-TradingCoEnd date and time:
April 25 1900 UTC - OR 24H after most recent bid, whichever is LATER.Payment methods accepted:
Equivalent BTC amount at time of auction end using Bitstamp rate -or- Bank Wire.Additional information:
Take advantage of untapped earning potential! Before being shut down in 2013 it was generating hundreds of BTC per month. See statements here:
June 2013: https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=551.870
(over 280 BTC net)
July 2013 : https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=551.900
(over 550 BTC net)
August 2013: https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=551.915
(roughly 700 BTC net, ignoring legal expenses at the time)
The code could be used pretty much as-is to set up something like Havelock, or it could be altered to do any number of alternatives like a crowd-funding portal, etc. It had many features that other sites didn't have at the time and still do not have. See:https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=551.0
- Straight up trading of assets.
- Options trading on assets.
- Market display of current state of all assets.
- Per asset display of trade interface, options interface, asset news, prospectus, dividend history, and trade history.
- Per user display of portfolio, options, asset notifications, trade history, DRIP settings, etc.
- Ability to have moderators "grade" assets, including up/down vote and publicly view-able comments.
- JSON & CSV API for client records downloads
- OAuth 1.0a Trade API (several third-party apps were created that used this like BTCJAM and Mobile Phone apps!)
- Login and/or per-trade Google Authenticator and Yubikey 2FA support
- Automated dividend reinvestment capabilities. (DRIP)
- Dividend scheduler for asset issuers. (schedule a series of dividends all in advance.)
- Ability to securely send funds to other accounts within the site.
- Maximum daily withdrawal limits
- Extensive user actions logs generated in real time, can be used as audit logs for detecting illicit activity.
- Administrative portal for handling large withdrawals, tracking client activity, and fixing up client issues.
Prior to bidding I highly recommend:
- consulting a lawyer and discussing your plans.
- making sure you or someone you can hire can handle systems administration tasks like registering a domain, handling DNS services for the domain, configuring the IP addresses on the server(s) and adequately resetting all the passwords for all the services on the server(s) upon delivery.
- making sure you or someone you can hire can adequately handle network and server security.
- making sure you or someone you can hire understands php, mysql, apache, memcache, and bitcoind.
- making sure you or someone you can hire understands html and css well enough to adjust colors or re-skin the site.
- A decked out Dell r320 to run the site. (8C Xeon, 48 GB RAM, 4x 300G SSD in RAID 10 on Perc H710, Enterprise iDrac, Dual PSU, and Rails -- thus the high starting bid)
- Shipping of the server.
- The original site code, setup with fresh wallets and a fresh database to start from a clean slate.
- Once shipped, I will answer questions about the servers or code for 60 days. (but for legal reasons I cannot implement any alterations or new features!)
While this auction includes all services to operate the site on a single server, I recommend splitting the services across several servers with layers of network access protection. In actual operation the site utilized 6 servers total: a bitcoind hot wallet server, a mysql server, a mysql slave delayed replication server, a frontend web server, a backup server, and an offsite warm wallet server. For an additional $8,000 USD per server in addition to the auction price, I will provide an equivalently spec'd server and install/configure whatever split roles you want on it.
Buyer must agree to provide proof of identity, proof of residency, and sign a purchase agreement releasing seller from any liability or responsibility for operating the server and/or site code.
While the site was extremely successful in repelling hacks and attacks while operating, the seller makes no guarantees of any kind regarding security of the code or suitability of the code for any purpose.
The original domains are not included. (for legal reasons, sorry.)
The original wallets and database content like user records are not included. (new database and wallets will be created.)
Ongoing coding and/or hands-on remote support cannot be included. (for legal reasons, sorry.)Bid with confidence! The site was operated in a transparent and trustworthy manner, and this auction will also be run as such.