Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:49:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCT.CO (BTC Trading Corp) Server with Code (also ran litecoinglobal.com)  (Read 3100 times)
BTC-TradingCo (OP)

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 06:05:57 PM

Description: Auction is for a Dell r320 server ready to go with all the software necessary to run a clone of btct.co.

Starting bid: $15,000 USD (Currently 52 BTC)
Buy it now: $100,000 USD (Currently 350 BTC, BIN becomes unavailable if bidding reaches $80,000 USD)
Bid methods: Post on this thread -or- email ceo ]@[ btct.co -or- PM BTC-TradingCo
End date and time: April 25 1900 UTC - OR 24H after most recent bid, whichever is LATER.
Payment methods accepted: Equivalent BTC amount at time of auction end using Bitstamp rate -or- Bank Wire.
Additional information:

Take advantage of untapped earning potential!  Before being shut down in 2013 it was generating hundreds of BTC per month.  See statements here:

June 2013: https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=551.870  (over 280 BTC net)
July 2013 : https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=551.900 (over 550 BTC net)
August 2013: https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=551.915 (roughly 700 BTC net, ignoring legal expenses at the time)

The code could be used pretty much as-is to set up something like Havelock, or it could be altered to do any number of alternatives like a crowd-funding portal, etc.  It had many features that other sites didn't have at the time and still do not have.  See:

https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=551.0

Site Highlights:
  - Straight up trading of assets.
  - Options trading on assets.
  - Market display of current state of all assets.
  - Per asset display of trade interface, options interface, asset news, prospectus, dividend history, and trade history.
  - Per user display of portfolio, options, asset notifications, trade history, DRIP settings, etc.
  - Ability to have moderators "grade" assets, including up/down vote and publicly view-able comments.
  - JSON & CSV API for client records downloads
  - OAuth 1.0a Trade API (several third-party apps were created that used this like BTCJAM and Mobile Phone apps!)
  - Login and/or per-trade Google Authenticator and Yubikey 2FA support
  - Automated dividend reinvestment capabilities. (DRIP)
  - Dividend scheduler for asset issuers.  (schedule a series of dividends all in advance.)
  - Ability to securely send funds to other accounts within the site.
  - Maximum daily withdrawal limits
  - Extensive user actions logs generated in real time, can be used as audit logs for detecting illicit activity.
  - Administrative portal for handling large withdrawals, tracking client activity, and fixing up client issues.

Prior to bidding I highly recommend:
  - consulting a lawyer and discussing your plans.
  - making sure you or someone you can hire can handle systems administration tasks like registering a domain, handling DNS services for the domain, configuring the IP addresses on the server(s) and adequately resetting all the passwords for all the services on the server(s) upon delivery.
  - making sure you or someone you can hire can adequately handle network and server security.
  - making sure you or someone you can hire understands php, mysql, apache, memcache, and bitcoind.
  - making sure you or someone you can hire understands html and css well enough to adjust colors or re-skin the site.

Auction includes:
  - A decked out Dell r320 to run the site.  (8C Xeon, 48 GB RAM, 4x 300G SSD in RAID 10 on Perc H710, Enterprise iDrac, Dual PSU, and Rails -- thus the high starting bid)
  - Shipping of the server.
  - The original site code, setup with fresh wallets and a fresh database to start from a clean slate.
  - Once shipped, I will answer questions about the servers or code for 60 days. (but for legal reasons I cannot implement any alterations or new features!)

While this auction includes all services to operate the site on a single server, I recommend splitting the services across several servers with layers of network access protection.  In actual operation the site utilized 6 servers total: a bitcoind hot wallet server, a mysql server, a mysql slave delayed replication server, a frontend web server, a backup server, and an offsite warm wallet server.  For an additional $8,000 USD per server in addition to the auction price, I will provide an equivalently spec'd server and install/configure whatever split roles you want on it.

Buyer must agree to provide proof of identity, proof of residency, and sign a purchase agreement releasing seller from any liability or responsibility for operating the server and/or site code.

While the site was extremely successful in repelling hacks and attacks while operating, the seller makes no guarantees of any kind regarding security of the code or suitability of the code for any purpose.

The original domains are not included.  (for legal reasons, sorry.)

The original wallets and database content like user records are not included.  (new database and wallets will be created.)

Ongoing coding and/or hands-on remote support cannot be included.  (for legal reasons, sorry.)

Bid with confidence!  The site was operated in a transparent and trustworthy manner, and this auction will also be run as such.

The BTC Trading Corp Stock Exchange Demo: https://demo.btct.co
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BTC-TradingCo (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 06:20:45 PM

Add:

Payment due within 72 hours of auction end.

Keninishna

Activity: 556
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 06:30:36 PM

Would you be willing to sell justa copy of the site software/code? I have the hosting services already.
BTC-TradingCo (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2015, 08:11:04 PM

Would you be willing to sell justa copy of the site software/code? I have the hosting services already.

Yes, I am willing to image the server and just send the image.  (eg, could do a vmware image)  I would then refund the cost of the server (approx $5k) to the buyer.

And the following came in via PM:

[quote date=1426880163]
I just would like to clarify that the winner of the auction would have complete ownership of the source code.
[/quote]

This will be an exclusive sale with complete ownership, with the minor caveat that I am allowed to use framework pieces in other sites.  There are elements of code that are shared in several other sites I have worked on over the years like the mining pool at ltc.kattare.com and in kattare.com itself, etc.

I am willing to write a 2 year non-compete into the sales agreement as well if it makes sense for the buyer.  I am barred by the SEC settlement from doing anything securities related for two years anyway.

Cheers.

Keninishna

Activity: 556
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 09:44:01 PM

Yes, I am willing to image the server and just send the image.  (eg, could do a vmware image)  I would then refund the cost of the server (approx $5k) to the buyer.

And the following came in via PM:

[quote date=1426880163]
I just would like to clarify that the winner of the auction would have complete ownership of the source code.

This will be an exclusive sale with complete ownership, with the minor caveat that I am allowed to use framework pieces in other sites.  There are elements of code that are shared in several other sites I have worked on over the years like the mining pool at ltc.kattare.com and in kattare.com itself, etc.

I am willing to write a 2 year non-compete into the sales agreement as well if it makes sense for the buyer.  I am barred by the SEC settlement from doing anything securities related for two years anyway.

Cheers.
[/quote]

What legal issues did you run in to? If I started up the site after the sale (I live in the US) would the site just get taken down for breaking some laws? Also were you able to run the site yourself ( I have a lot of sysadmin experience) or did you have partners?
BTC-TradingCo (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 06:10:14 PM

What legal issues did you run in to? If I started up the site after the sale (I live in the US) would the site just get taken down for breaking some laws? Also were you able to run the site yourself ( I have a lot of sysadmin experience) or did you have partners?

Replying from my cell, please forgive any typos.

I settled with the SEC for running an unlicensed exchange.  Presumably you could build on it and license it, but I am not a lawyer and you would definitely need one familiar with the SEC and securities law.

I was hoping to utilize it for a JOBS act compliant platform when they finished setting up the guidelines, but then the settlement ended up having a two year ban as well, so I am not allowed to work on anything securities related for two years.  (And even then, it seems unlikely they'd approve me unfortunately.)

Another option I looked into was using it as a platform just for accredited investors.  Working with accredited investors alleviates many of the restrictions.  (And in theory you could vet investors just by having them sign a message on the blockchain from a sufficiently large wallet.  Again, IANAL.)

Other options for a US citizen would be to convert it to a currency exchange, or online wallet service.

Non-US citizens it will vary country to country, but in general my research leads me to believe many places in the world enjoy far more freedom in this regard.  Consult a local lawyer.

As for operation, I had a full time job while I was running it.  I built and operated it during evenings and lunch breaks.  If you don't have help you will want to have constant email and system access though to watch for hack attempts.  The code sends emails that you will want to act on periodically.  (Eg, to block IP's or ban users.)

I hope that helps.

BTC-TradingCo (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2015, 06:54:36 PM

How easy would it be to implement AML/KYC into registration (just for users with US IP addresses)?

It should be easy for a programmer.  You would just have to add a few database columns on the members table, then update the signup form and the profile management for logged in members.  You may also want to integrate an administrative function to lock accounts until you've reviewed new applicants.

To detect US vs Non-US you would get a copy of the Maxmind GeoIP database and use that in the signup code to determine location by IP address.

Cheers.

BTC-TradingCo (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2015, 05:26:43 PM

Few updates.

We are in negotiations with a party for a BIN.

Approximately two weeks left in this auction.

We are working on getting a working demo setup.  ETA, 3 days.

Cheers.

Last of the V8s
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392

Be a bank

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 05:57:07 PM

Few updates.

We are in negotiations with a party for a BIN.

Approximately two weeks left in this auction.

We are working on getting a working demo setup.  ETA, 3 days.

Cheers.

yay more scams. was getting quiet over this side.

burnside
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

Lead Blockchain Developer

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2015, 04:55:41 AM

I don't think the intent is to use it in the same way it was used in the past.  The SEC finally made some progress with their work on the JOBS act and it's possible for this project to be used in a more regulated fashion.

Last of the V8s
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392

Be a bank

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 07:26:46 PM

I don't think the intent is to use it in the same way it was used in the past.  The SEC finally made some progress with their work on the JOBS act and it's possible for this project to be used in a more regulated fashion.

Well that's doubleplus unreassuring. The intent is not nearly enough in bitcoin. What of competence, track record, WoT presence? Let's hope the party has all that.
And nobody in bitcoin cares about the SEC or their doings.

BTC-TradingCo (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2015, 06:33:46 AM

Took a few days longer than I anticipated, but I got a demo site up and running:

https://demo.btct.co/

You'll have to accept the SSL certificate mismatch, as the certificate was issued for www.btct.co/btct.co.

Once you do you can create an account, it will give you 10,000.00000001 BTC, which you can then use to create assets and trade.

There are lots of little things that are broken like the LTC/BTC exchange rate quoting and a bunch of cron-based processes.  Let me know via PM if you come across any major issues. 

Cheers.

BTC-TradingCo (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2015, 08:42:02 PM

Took a few days longer than I anticipated, but I got a demo site up and running:

https://demo.btct.co/

You'll have to accept the SSL certificate mismatch, as the certificate was issued for www.btct.co/btct.co.

Once you do you can create an account, it will give you 10,000.00000001 BTC, which you can then use to create assets and trade.

There are lots of little things that are broken like the LTC/BTC exchange rate quoting and a bunch of cron-based processes.  Let me know via PM if you come across any major issues. 

Cheers.

Bugger... there was a firewall issue blocking access for many.  If you tried before and it wasn't working, you can try again now.

BTC-TradingCo (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2015, 04:56:54 PM

This auction is now closed with no bids.

Please PM me if you have interest in the software.  I will leave up the demo site indefinitely.

Price will not drop below $15k.  The code represents 12 months of work by a seasoned programmer and has a proven security and performance track record, having run in production for nearly a year without being compromised in any significant manner.

Potential uses include:

- Competition for Havelock as an international exchange operated from a country with actual freedom.  (IE; not the USA.)
- A JOBS Act compliant platform.  (Use with USD rather than LTC/BTC)
- Relatively easy conversion to a currency exchange platform.

Cheers.

hashie

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 02:29:51 AM

Btct.co is fairly secure, I only found one SQLi which was promptly fixed.

While you may have spent a lot of time working on it, this does not mean it is worth that much. Fundamentally with the current state of the bitcoin economy you want to start with a secure prototype with the core functions. You so do not need unnecessary things like options, time delayed trades, android apps, etc to start off with.

Good luck with the sale, it may be useful to someone at that price but I suggest pricing it more modestly.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 02:33:32 AM

While you may have spent a lot of time working on it, this does not mean it is worth that much. Fundamentally with the current state of the bitcoin economy you want to start with a secure prototype with the core functions. You so do not need unnecessary things like options, time delayed trades, android apps, etc to start off with.

Good luck with the sale, it may be useful to someone at that price but I suggest pricing it more modestly.
I would not exactly consider this to be a vouch especially considering who it is coming from lol.

Do you happen to be an alt of the OP?
bitspill
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 02:39:36 AM

I would not exactly consider this to be a vouch especially considering who it is coming from lol.

That's TradeFortress.

{ BitSpill }
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 02:40:32 AM

That's TradeFortress.
I know that hashie is TF, but is the OP TF?
AcoinL.L.C
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 03:21:17 AM

That's TradeFortress.
I know that hashie is TF, but is the OP TF?

The OP is not TF, I can vouch for that.
alani123
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1406

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 08:22:59 PM

That's TradeFortress.

Since when do we take that for granted? Is there any definitive proof to back this claim?

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄