Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:43:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling PayPal USD/GBP in return for BTC  (Read 2994 times)
Dorkslayz (OP)

Activity: 301
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 07:47:14 PM
Last edit: August 07, 2012, 09:47:46 PM by Dorkslayz

There doesn't seem to be very many places that offer you PayPal Funds for BTC, so i'll go ahead and offer it.

The current rate is 1BTC/85% Of the Current MtGox Rate (If you give me 1BTC and the current MtGox rate is $10/BTC, you get $8.50)

All payments will be sent from my verified PayPal account as gift (So I cannot chargeback)

The maximum I can offer at the moment is up to 10BTC however as more people buy, that will go up.

If your intrested, please post below or send me a PM and we can arrange something.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 07:51:53 PM

There doesn't seem to be very many places that offer you PayPal Funds for BTC, so i'll go ahead and offer it.

The current rate is 1BTC/$8 PayPal (If you give me 1BTC, I'll give you $8 through PayPal)

All payments will be sent from my verified PayPal account as gift (So I cannot chargeback)

The maximum I can offer at the moment is up to 10BTC however as more people buy, that will go up.

If your intrested, please post below or send me a PM and we can arrange something.

Just FYI

Paypal can and will charge back gifts - verified or not.  Just ask any of these guys:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=83679.msg1084399#msg1084399

Also if paypal sees an account receive too many gift payments without fees it will be flagged.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 07:57:32 PM

$8 huh?

So only 25.9% commission.  Customer gives you irreversible BTC, you give them risk prone PayPal and charge 25.9% for the service?

Just making sure I got this right. Smiley
Dorkslayz (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 09:46:19 PM

Thank you for the feedback, obviously my initial assessment was too high and I'll lower the commission to reflect this and introduce a flat percentage of 15% commission per a transaction to keep up with MtGox fluctuations.

Obviously there is risk involved, however this is reduced by sending the payment as gift as it can only be charged back by filing an Unauthorised Payment claim, which would require me to fake an entire identity for the transaction and that would just wreck my reputation.
koin
Legendary

Activity: 873
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 10:12:43 PM
Last edit: August 07, 2012, 10:34:29 PM by koin

Also if paypal sees an account receive too many gift payments without fees it will be flagged.

yes, even though paypal doesn't have a problem with accounts used for cashing out bitcoins, they do have a problem with those payments being sent as "personal, gift" transaction as paypal gets no fees for that.   the sender probably needs to get into the thousands of dollars per month range before paypal says anything though.  but that volume is easy to reach too.

even with it being gift, that doesn't mean the funds aren't from a compromised bank account or something like that.  the #bitcoin-otc web of trust can help to lessen the risk of getting ripped off: http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratings.php
Dorkslayz (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 10:50:21 PM

yes, even though paypal doesn't have a problem with accounts used for cashing out bitcoins, they do have a problem with those payments being sent as "personal, gift" transaction as paypal gets no fees for that.   the sender probably needs to get into the thousands of dollars per month range before paypal says anything though.  but that volume is easy to reach too.

even with it being gift, that doesn't mean the funds aren't from a compromised bank account or something like that.  the #bitcoin-otc web of trust can help to lessen the risk of getting ripped off: *bitcoin-otc*

Hi,

As much as I appreciate your contribution to the thread and feedback you are providing, I would appreciate if you could keep the suggestion of alternatives to a low, I am just trying to earn a profit.

The funds are not from a hacked bank account either, the PayPal account is in my name, the bank account and credit card on the account are in my name and as I mentioned earlier, my account is verified and already has the funds in there, prepared for any transactions anybody wishes to make.
AndyRossy

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 02:18:59 AM

Just bringing attention to https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=14632.0

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 03:08:18 AM

And this thread for an example of a legit person who got screwed by PayPal: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=83679.0
Seriously, don't do this often unless you have a business account like TangibleCrpytography and spendbitcoins.com .
Dorkslayz (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 08:58:04 AM

PayPal would have no reason to limit my account (even if I'm sending a lot of gifts) and when they do, all I would have to provide is identification documents, all of which I have to hand.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 04:28:21 PM

And this thread for an example of a legit person who got screwed by PayPal: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=83679.0
Seriously, don't do this often unless you have a business account like TangibleCrpytography and spendbitcoins.com .

I would clarify that neither TangibleCryptogrphy nor SepndBitcoins sends payments as a gift.   Neither does Bit-Instant (technically they use a partner to send PayPal payouts, but that partner doesn't send them as gifts).   It is a recipe for failure.  Someone can get away with it for a small amount of transactions but eventually it is going to hit PayPal fraud screen.

Has anyone (outside of fraudulently marking Bitcoins sales as gifts) ever known someone who got even 5 "gifts" from 5 different PayPal users all over the country in the same month?  How about 20?  How about 20 a month every month for 3 or 4 months in a row?   That is what the fraud system is wondering too "hey beep beep beep that is weird".
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 04:30:53 PM

PayPal would have no reason to limit my account (even if I'm sending a lot of gifts)

Of course they will.  You are (from their point of view) stealing.  You are using their payment system for free for transactions which don't qualify as free.   If when they catch you they will freeze your account and reverse all those gifts back making your customers accounts negative.
Dorkslayz (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 05:52:58 PM

PayPal would have no reason to limit my account (even if I'm sending a lot of gifts)

Of course they will.  You are (from their point of view) stealing.  You are using their payment system for free for transactions which don't qualify as free.   If when they catch you they will freeze your account and reverse all those gifts back making your customers accounts negative.

I'm positive that is the process for all US accounts, however accounts in the UK are treated under less-strict conditions because US accounts have to abide by the US's strict anti-fraud policy's (where as the UK doesn't have such strict policy's).

I have sent "gifts" in excess of $50 straight after each other and nothing has been done to my account.
skull88

Activity: 683
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 08:00:40 PM

The current rate is 1BTC/85% Of the Current MtGox Rate (If you give me 1BTC and the current MtGox rate is $10/BTC, you get $8.50)
I don't think anyone selling bitcoins for paypal will pay a premium, normally it is the other way around.

I'm happy if someone takes my pp money at 85% btc rate, so I don't think you will have many customers Wink

BTC: 1MifMqtqqwMMAbb6zr8u6qEzWqq3CQeGUr
LTC: LhvMYEngkKS2B8FAcbnzHb2dvW8n9eHkdp
Dorkslayz (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 09:43:31 PM

I was kind of aiming for a "quick exchange" sort of scenario.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 09:46:13 PM

Kinda like getting some fast cash for bitcoins?
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 09:57:47 PM

sorry, your prices are not at all competitive. https://www.spendbitcoins.com/ they charge no fees, except for the paypal fee.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
Dorkslayz (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2012, 12:28:11 AM

Kinda like getting some fast cash for bitcoins?

Indeed.
Dorkslayz (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2012, 12:31:21 AM

sorry, your prices are not at all competitive. https://www.spendbitcoins.com/ they charge no fees, except for the paypal fee.

I never claimed they were competitive, if you would be so kind as to not trash my thread with other exchangers either please, I don't trash any of your threads so don't do it to mine please.
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
August 09, 2012, 01:00:16 AM

I never claimed they were competitive, if you would be so kind as to not trash my thread with other exchangers either please, I don't trash any of your threads so don't do it to mine please.
I don't see how I'm "trashing" your thread if everything I say is true and substantiated.

Also, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=76663.0.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
Dorkslayz (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2012, 01:38:16 AM

I don't see how I'm "trashing" your thread if everything I say is true and substantiated.

Also, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=76663.0.

Well you are providing visitors to this thread an alternative, therefor trying to disrupt my sales.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: