Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:46:18 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GPU Raffle  (Read 1575 times)
atomicswan27 (OP)

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 03:23:43 AM

Hello Fellow Bitcoiners,

I've been using Bitcoin for a little over one year. I am a bitcoin miner, and have a lot of experience with this whole system.

I've decided to have a raffle for a Sapphire Xtreme 5830 Radeon GPU. This is one of my old GPU's that I used for mining for almost a year. I have upgraded to a 5870 and 6950 now and am very happy with them.

The reason why I am raffling this GPU rather than selling it on ebay is because I want to give you guys a chance to get a GPU for a cheap price and also have fun on bitcointalk because I am a new user.

The way I will be raffling:
To be part of this raffle you must send .1 bitcoin to 1Q9nyaePYxXhPx3mQFR5SJXobpedmzictG

Before you send the bitcoin, comment that you have decided to be part of this raffle so I can keep track of who is in the raffle. (Put your bitcoin wallet address in your comment so I can match your transaction with your comment)

100 people max. After 100 people it is going to be hard to keep track of this raffle, so I will stop the raffle after 100 people.

Choosing the winner:

I have decided that the way I will be choosing the winner is by using random.org

I will assign every comment a number (first comment will be #1, second comment will be #2)

I will put the total amount of comments I have in the random.org randomizer, and get a random number.

That number comment, will be the person that wins.

BTW I will be making a video in the process of choosing a random number, so there will be proof that the winner did legitimately win.

I don't know if this has been done before on bitcointalk, but hopefully you guys have as much fun as I will, and don't forget, if you want to have a bigger chance of winning you can comment more than once and send me a separate transaction so I can keep track with the comments. The more times you comment, the higher chance you will have of being chosen.

I know this requires a level of trust, and that is why I have a low price for entering the raffle, but as I said, the more times you enter, the higher chance you have to win a GPU.

Hope you all have fun.
eroxors
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Think. Positive. Thoughts.

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2012, 04:31:37 AM

1. When is the end date?
2. Will you consider using a trusted escrow agent to hold the BTC until the card is shipped?

atomicswan27 (OP)

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 04:43:20 AM

The raffle will end after 100 people join it. There is no point of holding your money in escrow because only 1 person is going to win.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1227

Away on an extended break

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 06:23:26 AM

The raffle will end after 100 people join it. There is no point of holding your money in escrow because only 1 person is going to win.
There is point holding our money in escrow as this solves your low-trust situation.
eroxors
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Think. Positive. Thoughts.

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2012, 05:11:35 AM

I'm calling scam unless you agree to use escrow for this. If you use escrow, I will probably buy a couple tickets.

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 10, 2012, 11:44:42 AM

I'm calling scam unless you agree to use escrow for this. If you use escrow, I will probably buy a couple tickets.

+1

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
Luceo

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Per aspera ad astra!

View Profile
August 12, 2012, 05:16:00 PM

I would be willing to hold these coins in escrow for no fee.

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 09:43:36 PM

I'd be willing to hold the coins as well, with unique wallet addresses so people can't watch and claim they submitted a ticket when it was really someone else

Then make sure the raffle number picked is truly random, like my idea where pick a pool and use the last 2 digits of how many shares it takes to solve a FUTURE block for example, the first block of the next day AFTER raffle is closed
(ticket numbers 0 through 99)

ErnestoJuarell

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

¿Sabe lo que quiero decir?

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 06:57:12 AM

Is this still open?

ZodiacDragon84

Activity: 266

The king and the pawn go in the same box @ endgame

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 07:02:13 AM

This happening sir?

Looking for a quick easy mining solution? Check out
www.bitminter.com

See my trader rep at Bitcoinfeedback.com
!

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 07:28:57 AM

Guy was a scammer (most likely) hasn't posted since August 12. was trying to run this raffle (just send me btc, i'm raffling a GPU) and asked for a LOAN! was asking for a loan in another thread he started

If you're interested in a 5970 raffle let me know. but there's not enough demand for me to sell enough tickets.

there's barely demand to sell 1024 tickets at 0.25 or 0.3BTC for a BFL SINGLE thats 45Gh/s
barely over half the tickets have been sold in 1-3 months

ZodiacDragon84

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 07:30:11 AM

Guy was a scammer (most likely) hasn't posted since August 12. was trying to run this raffle (just send me btc, i'm raffling a GPU) and asked for a LOAN! was asking for a loan in another thread he started

If you're interested in a 5970 raffle let me know. but there's not enough demand for me to sell enough tickets.

there's barely demand to sell 1024 tickets at 0.25 or 0.3BTC for a BFL SINGLE thats 45Gh/s

You have a link to the BFL raffle thread?

www.bitminter.com

See my trader rep at Bitcoinfeedback.com
!

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 07:47:57 AM

You have a link to the BFL raffle thread?

here you go Mr. (or Mrs. ) Gambler

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=89564.0

ZodiacDragon84

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 07:54:02 AM

It's Mr....just happen to have a soft spot for hot anime chicks, thats all