Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 05:52:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ever Heard of Constitutional Carry?  (Read 848 times)
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 03:23:27 AM

No licenses and no permits to carry openly or concealed/ - foreigners must be in disbelief.

West Virginia, the state that Lincoln seceded from Virginia in 1864, is the fifth that has passed this sort of thing.

Lawmakers in West Virginia are delivering to Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin legislation that will expand access to National Firearms Act-controlled items and grant concealed carry without a permit.

The two measures have tracked through the state legislature by wide margins with the shall-sign measure unanimously approved in both chambers while the proposal to allow permitless concealed carry passed Thursday 79-21 in the state House after the Senate polled 32-2 for it last week.

“We’re here to protect our people from big government,” said Delegate Michael Ihle, R-Jackson, of the carry bill before yesterday’s vote. “This is a step in the right direction. It’s not perfect, but it gets us much closer on the 2nd Amendment to doing what’s right.”
The legislation, SB 347, would repeal language in the current state code that makes it illegal to carry a concealed handgun without a permit.

As long as the individual is legally able to possess a firearm under state and federal laws, they may carry a concealed pistol or revolver for self-defense purposes. This would include carrying while hiking or hunting, or while traveling in a motor vehicle, or in public. However, with or without a permit, carry would still be prohibited on certain public properties such as the state Capitol, courthouses, public schools and colleges.

Currently, the practice outlined in the bill, commonly known as constitutional carry, is the law of the land in Vermont, Arizona, Alaska and Wyoming.

The proposal was panned by the West Virginia Sheriff’s Association, U.S. Sen. Joe Manchin (D), a number of currently sitting mayors in the state, as well as national gun control groups who argued the $100 fee, training and vetting requirements now in place are there for a reason.

“The current license requirements in West Virginia include things like undergoing basic training on how to handle and fire a gun, passing a criminal background check, and other reasonable safeguards,” Dee Price Childress, with the West Virginia chapter of Moms Demand Action, said in a statement. “If a person wants to carry a loaded, concealed handgun in public they should be required to demonstrate they have a clean criminal record and have been trained to carry a gun safely.”

http://www.guns.com/2015/03/13/west-virginia-sends-shall-sign-constitutional-carry-bills-to-governor/
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 05:44:51 PM

Constitutional Carry is for 14th Amendment citizens. Right to carry by the man or woman existed prior to the Constitution, and has not been diminished in any way. What has been diminished is the knowledge of the people that they are above government, and the method to force and win the issue in court.

See Karl Lentz at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOkAHRzuiOA&list=PLHrkQxgz0mg6kUBciD-HIvTXByqjcIZ-D, particularly the last video of the 10.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 10:21:41 PM

The point in posting this is that there's been legions of gun control legislation piling up in states and from the federal government so it's nice to see some states pushing back on the trend. I guess it takes a liberal president to rally the gun owners out of their slumber. I agree w/ your post tho^. The Bill of Rights makes it clear that the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 10:34:46 PM

Good! That was the point of posting in part, the clarity in the Bill of Rights that the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. But, that is just the tiny point of my post and our rights.

The link in my previous post is an excellent entry point for learning the practical method to get out and stay out from under government control that was never meant to exist in any way.

Government and government people have no right to take or use our private property, be it our guns, our real estate, or our bodies, or our labor under almost any circumstances at all, in any way. This includes taxes. The reason I talk about Constitutional Carry is, it is on-topic.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
Stargazer

Activity: 641
Merit: 253

▰▰▰ Global Cryptocurrency Paymen

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 12:08:26 AM

This law will make cops' work much harder. I've seen a lot of videos on YT with people provoking the police by carrying guns and now every idiot will try to exercise his right to parade with an AR.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 12:30:08 AM
Last edit: March 18, 2015, 01:27:05 AM by BADecker

But the BIG thing that cops will have to work a lot harder at is, finding a reason to exist. If the law was, that everyone was required to carry, openly, at least a .357 Magnum, when they were off their personal residence, there wouldn't be any need for cops. The bad guys would disappear. There wouldn't be any terrorists.

The idea of the 2nd Amendment in the Constitution went the wrong way. It only allowed that people could bear arms. If it had been required that people ALL bear arms, right from the get-go, we would have almost NO problems in our nation. The few problems that we did have would be a lot different than what is here now.

Smiley

TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2015, 09:04:54 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2015, 09:28:40 PM by TheButterZone

This law will make cops' work much harder. I've seen a lot of videos on YT with people provoking the police by carrying guns and now every idiot will try to exercise his right to parade with an AR.

Funny, I've seen a lot of videos on YT with police provoking law-abiding gun owners with civil rights violations ("papers, please", false arrest euphemistically referred to as "detention", assault with deadly weapons, etc.) into defending themselves. But no cops actually getting shot for violating 18 USC 241, 242 and state penal codes, and very few ever being sued under 42 USC 1983.

If you never suffer any real consequences for your crimes, you DO NOT get to play the victim.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Rishblitz

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

I'm nothing without GOD

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 09:11:48 PM

But the BIG thing that cops will have to work a lot harder at is, finding a reason to exist. If the law was, that everyone was required to carry, openly, at least a .357 Magnum, when they were off their personal residence, there wouldn't be any need for cops. The bad guys would disappear. There wouldn't be any terrorists.

The idea of the 2nd Amendment in the Constitution went the wrong way. It only allowed that people could bear arms. If it had been required that people ALL bear arms, right from the get-go, we would have almost NO problems in our nation. The few problems that we did have would be a lot different than what is here now.

Smiley

The Japanese didn't want to invade us because they were afraid of this very problem back when everyone owned guns.

TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2015, 09:18:21 PM

I think that "rifle behind every blade of grass" quote was debunked, but could a coastal invasion force have even made it across the Pacific without being sunk by the US Navy? Or up to Alaska, and fared any better than the Germans when they tried to invade Russia?

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Rishblitz

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

I'm nothing without GOD

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 09:33:26 PM

I think that "rifle behind every blade of grass" quote was debunked, but could a coastal invasion force have even made it across the Pacific without being sunk by the US Navy? Or up to Alaska, and fared any better than the Germans when they tried to invade Russia?

My bad if it was.

but yes every military commander in the pacific was afraid of this in fact the battle of midway was where this could have happened. and Russia was on the verge of collapse the only reason they won at Stalingrad was due to the tactic not caring about human lives and just doing human wave tactics.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 11:51:53 PM

My bad if it was.

but yes every military commander in the pacific was afraid of this in fact the battle of midway was where this could have happened. and Russia was on the verge of collapse the only reason they won at Stalingrad was due to the tactic not caring about human lives and just doing human wave tactics.

It wasn't meant literally. It was simply supposed to paint a quick, subconscious mental picture in the minds of the enemy.

While some of the rifles would have to be extremely small if they were literally behind some of the blades of real grass, the enemy would see it as very tall grass, hiding millions of militants, each of them with a rifle.

The effect was what counted.

Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: