Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:33:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HAVELOCK DE-LISTS AMHASH  (Read 2809 times)
AirWolf (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Havelock robbed me 170BTC

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 09:00:30 PM

Abandon all hope those who have AMHASH shares:

HAVELOCK ROBBED ME MORE THAN 170BTC - BEWARE OF THIS THIEVES!
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2015, 10:45:37 PM

Another Ponzi bites the dust.
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 11:09:23 PM

Dayum, can't believe you got jacked for 170 coins. No wonder you told them to F off when they tried to toss you some peanuts to make you 'go away'. Just curious but what made you want to play/invest with that many coins on HL?
AirWolf (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 01:45:13 AM

Dayum, can't believe you got jacked for 170 coins. No wonder you told them to F off when they tried to toss you some peanuts to make you 'go away'. Just curious but what made you want to play/invest with that many coins on HL?

The stupid belief that they were serious, back by Puppet's ranks and other scammers in this forum...

BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 02:03:11 AM

For that kind of money you could have bought a handgun and a house in Detroit. It's rough

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
Somekindabitcoin

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 02:07:25 AM

Well shit. They owe me a few coins myself. I can't believe it.

AMhash is different from ASICminer though.

ASICminer should also be to blame. I remember when I was doing the sig campaign for them, and we had to remove one of the hash sellers because they were also a ponzi!
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 02:10:31 AM

The stupid belief that they were serious, back by Puppet's ranks and other scammers in this forum...
Well, I wish you all the best in having this whole ordeal pan out in such a way where you're compensated in full, and then some if HL really is at fault here. I always thought their rep was above reproach.
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 02:19:21 AM

For that kind of money you could have bought a handgun and a house in Detroit. It's rough
Actually, you could score those two with less than 50 BTC depending on what shape of house you're looking for down there - around a few corners from my spot. Yet as you know, that's not the place that a gentleman wants to live unless you post in one of the gated communities or highrises in midtown where the inner city folks don't hang out at. However, you're fair game when at the gas station where homies get their blunt wraps or at a traffic light where you can get held up in broad daylight. Be happy you have nothing to do with or are near Detroit. Come to a Tiger's or Lion's game and pay for premium parking then get back on the highway and dip.
Branny

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 03:46:08 AM

Actually, you could score those two with less than 50 BTC depending on what shape of house you're looking for down there - around a few corners from my spot. Yet as you know, that's not the place that a gentleman wants to live unless you post in one of the gated communities or highrises in midtown where the inner city folks don't hang out at. However, you're fair game when at the gas station where homies get their blunt wraps or at a traffic light where you can get held up in broad daylight. Be happy you have nothing to do with or are near Detroit. Come to a Tiger's or Lion's game and pay for premium parking then get back on the highway and dip.

We bought our 12th property for roughly 40btc, no handgun needed for that specific neighborhood.
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1844

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 04:06:46 AM

Every year Detroit beats out St Louis for America's Most Dangerous City, and as a Missourian (but 100 miles from STL) every year I'm not sure if I should be disappointed or not.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
Somekindabitcoin

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 04:45:19 AM

Where I live, a house is a minimum of 1,500 bitcoin. Those are just low end, 1 story houses.
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1844

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 05:02:24 AM

Rent on my ground-level one-bedroom apartment with off-street parking in a friendly neighborhood is less than 1.5BTC monthly. I moved here from a 3-bedroom two story house with a half-finished basement and 15x45' workroom, fireplace and hardwood floors renting at 3BTC monthly.
For 1500BTC I could buy 40 acres and build a sweet two-story with a basement and two-car garage and probably a 40x60 outbuilding. And a few cows to eat.
Wherever you're living right now, I'm gonna stay far away from there. Midwest is where it's at, man. Even in town the municipal electric rate is less than 9c/KWh all-in.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
Somekindabitcoin

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 06:18:32 AM

Rent on my ground-level one-bedroom apartment with off-street parking in a friendly neighborhood is less than 1.5BTC monthly. I moved here from a 3-bedroom two story house with a half-finished basement and 15x45' workroom, fireplace and hardwood floors renting at 3BTC monthly.
For 1500BTC I could buy 40 acres and build a sweet two-story with a basement and two-car garage and probably a 40x60 outbuilding. And a few cows to eat.
Wherever you're living right now, I'm gonna stay far away from there. Midwest is where it's at, man. Even in town the municipal electric rate is less than 9c/KWh all-in.

Basically where I live, everything is quite expensive. I guess it's the price for living in paradise : )
elasticband
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 10:33:41 AM
Last edit: March 17, 2015, 11:29:36 AM by elasticband

Basically where I live, everything is quite expensive. I guess it's the price for living in paradise : )

you live in Amsterdam?
HarmonLi

Activity: 350

Honest 80s business!

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 11:28:35 AM

As sad as this is (it is!) what do you think they should have done instead? If AMHASH request a delisting, they can only go and comply. I wouldn't have thought either that AM was going to end in this way. Not them.

elasticband
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 11:48:07 AM

it would be nice if havelock disclosed the withdrawl fees properly, instead of skimming off the top of what they say goes to the network.

straight up theft on havlocks part as they do not disclose this
HarmonLi

Activity: 350

Honest 80s business!

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 11:53:15 AM

it would be nice if havelock disclosed the withdrawl fees properly, instead of skimming off the top of what they say goes to the network.

straight up theft on havlocks part as they do not disclose this

Well you could just go ahead and see which amount miners get in fees for withdrawal transactions issued by Havelock. I don't think that withdrawal fees are of any significance right now considering the situations at hand.

AirWolf (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 10:20:13 PM

This is what they think about their customers...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=991172.msg10805907#msg10805907

flyingplows

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 10:56:05 PM

They are too quick to delist it. Of course they can suspend the trading or just formally write in fund's description that it is non functional, investigations, restructuring going on or smth. Or will not be functional again, waiting for resolution etc. But they have to make it so its not fogotten like it was never there. Because it was  Angry And everything is not finished..

Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2015, 11:06:37 PM

They are too quick to delist it. Of course they can suspend the trading or just formally write in fund's description that it is non functional, investigations, restructuring going on or smth. Or will not be functional again, waiting for resolution etc. But they have to make it so its not fogotten like it was never there. Because it was  Angry And everything is not finished..

Because they know that AMPonziHash will not be paying anyone back. Someone stole their hash rate and all  Roll Eyes
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: