Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 05:22:08 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [HACKATHON] satoshihack.com - the first [opensource] BitcoinHackMe!  (Read 2937 times)
ca333 (OP)

Activity: 520
Merit: 522

Developer - EthicHacker - BTC enthusiast

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 03:13:11 PM
Last edit: April 02, 2015, 07:16:31 PM by ca333

Hello bitcoin-community,

i announce a new project under domains "satoshihack.com", "bitcoinhack.me" & "bitcoinhackme.com". I work on this to bring more security experts into the field of BTC and also bring old users of bitcoin into the thematic of it-security. So i thought why not make a bitcoinhackme? A bitcoinhackme is like a normal HackMe site with the only difference: you win reward when you solve it first. So it have many levels and every increment of the level is a little bit harder for solving than the level before. I will make all HackMes public [OpenSource] in my https://github.com/ca333/ after some time.

What is satoshihack.com?
Satoshihack is my opensource project for BitcoinHackmes. I will run two hackme per month and each of the hackme will contain a BTC-reward for the winnner (the first person to reach last level of the hackme).

What is a "hackme"?
A hackme is a website with built in vulnerabilities. Its like a puzzle to be solved with different levels. Many factors have to be kept in mind. A hackme covers many topics in IT-security. Such as database-injections, hardcoded pws and password-hashes, bad salts, cross-site scripting, cookie-manipulation, encryption and many others. The hackme motivates the participants to "hack" the site and succeed through the different levels to reach the last level and get a place in the Hall of Fame.

How does it work?
The BitcoinHackMe will start with level 1 and you must somehow reach the next level and so on and so on until you reach the last level. When you solve the last level you get a privatekey with BTCvalue on it.

So example:
Level 1 is normal HTML site with password formular. How you come to level 2?
option 1: you look in the source and you find the password unencrypted in a simple JS function.
option 2: it s only saved in a comment in the sources
option 3: the hyperlink for level 2 is in the formular but not added to the button, so PW-form is only to irritate.

so you see, it can bring lots of fun and also people often think(use brain) and work together.
And so when the best participant reach the last level he will find the privatekey for a little reward. And also we make a HallOfFame for the winner of all the hackme's.

When is the launch?
The first BitcoinHackMe is solved   : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=998907.0 - congratulation for Injust
The second HackMe is solved : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1005740.0 - congratulation for ndnhc

We will make it not so hard first time. So only use php, html, js and basics of encryption and hashing-algorithms.
I will also be in the IRC #satoshihack and give hints when somebody have absolutely NO idea. But last 2 level user must find all out alone.

But next hackme then will also contain SQL db, so people learn how to make sql-i and also how to find vulns in database when not proper parameter (query)filtering. In future will also extend with XSS and cookie manipulation for going in the next levels.
And when we maybe find good sponsors and supporters for this project we can maybe one day make a big hackme, with real server to hack and so with teams work on it. But for now this is my vision.

What is my motivation for this?
I think many people in bitcoin-community only see wealth or money primary as motivation but do not think that the community is the important thing here. And the community is not soo large. So i think maybe 10% of it is skilled in IT, but other only have basic idea of it and only come for the dream "bitcoinmillionaire". I think we must help all each other to learn more and more. In the end many are skilled, or the ones who have had no interest in technologies, will start maybe reading more and learning more.

What is the goal of BitcoinHackMe??
I want people here to simply start learn IT-security and basic technologies behind it. SO i think this is the future for all of us. Soon the school must also teach children binary calculations and IT-knowledge in very young age because its soo important.
My goal for BitcoinHackMe.com is so people who have not much knowledge of IT and hacking make first step and start looking into this topic, so with fun and a motivation (last level BTC-reward and HallOfFame) i think its a good start.

Support me:
When you have idea from IT security or you think something funny/nice to add in the HackMe, please send me PM or post in this thread.
We will make 1 HackMe every 14 days. For now i am paying this all from my own saving. So i am happy when anybody can also donate a little bit only for the HackMe-reward  for the winners.

Thank you!
ca333

this space is available (free) for humanitarian nonprofit organizations - please contact me
ca333 (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 07:05:02 PM
Last edit: March 23, 2015, 01:07:09 AM by ca333

In the first HackMe also additional 500k Qora wait for the Winner.

thank you!
ca333

this space is available (free) for humanitarian nonprofit organizations - please contact me
Tuck Fheman

Activity: 363
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2015, 12:57:24 AM

Mind blowing idea! Spreading the word.

Cyberian Forest

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 01:00:10 AM

Wow, very interesting ideas here for sure! I'll definitely be watching this Smiley
ca333 (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 04:52:35 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2015, 09:02:03 PM by ca333

Mind blowing idea! Spreading the word.

Wow, very interesting ideas here for sure! I'll definitely be watching this Smiley

THANK you very much! i will make the first hackme start this weekend. I invite all user to come and hack it.
In first hackme the winner participant wins 0.1 BTC AND 0.5 Mio QORA in the last level!!

thank you!
ca333

ca333 (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 09:57:47 PM

Only 1 day is left before the HACKME start! I hope some people will participate. We will announce the first round of the HackMe in games-board in this forum.

thank you!
ca333

ca333 (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 11:05:47 PM
Last edit: March 22, 2015, 01:37:47 AM by ca333

our FIRST HACKME started!!!! www.satoshihack.com/hackme1/
test your skills and win the 0.1 BTC AND 500.000 QORA!

you have only to pass the levels (5). in the last level you get the KEY!
hints and questions are in the Gamble-Board in "Games and Rounds".
when you have a question only post in the thread there.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=998907

when you have general question you can also ask here or send PM.

thank you!
ca333

amiryaqot
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 06:07:43 AM

that is nice promo with attractive amount of prize, we have to buy to secret code to enter in that contest?
because that page asking for secret code.
Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 09:21:14 AM

That's a brilliant idea for a competition and I am tweeting this to all my followers to come play as well.
ca333 (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 11:05:15 AM

that is nice promo with attractive amount of prize, we have to buy to secret code to enter in that contest?
because that page asking for secret code.

NO my projects is NON-profit and i make it 100% for free all. Also i have NO advertisings in my webprojects.

this is also the first level of the hackme. you must "hack" (find) the secret code...
have you look in the sourcecode?? also have look on the Hackathon-thread. So you find the hint to make the lvl1..
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=998907.0

That's a brilliant idea for a competition and I am tweeting this to all my followers to come play as well.

oh thank you soo much. this is very friendly so more people come and see the hackme and test skills.
and most important. people also have time to use brain and think about important things in IT-technics.

THANK YOU!

ca333 (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 07:50:23 PM
Last edit: March 27, 2015, 08:41:45 PM by ca333

NEW HACKATHON #2 start tomorrow! Participate and WIN 0.1 BTC + 150000 METAL!

SPECIAL THANK FOR xPooky and METAL-coin community for SPONSORING THIS HACKATHON!!!

bitboy11

Activity: 534
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 10:52:36 PM

Wow...I have never heard of a "hackathon" before!
You should build a community just for this.
The prizes are excellent too.
Makes me wish I knew how to hack. Grin
gecox22

Activity: 778
Merit: 515

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 01:17:46 AM

Cant wait for the second wrong the first one was awesome!!!

ca333 (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 10:58:59 AM

Wow...I have never heard of a "hackathon" before!
You should build a community just for this.
The prizes are excellent too.
Makes me wish I knew how to hack. Grin

i started the project before 2 weeks, so this is now just the begin. with the time it will grow and hopefully many people will join the hackathon. Its not so hard. Look at Hackathon #1, any person can easy learn this basics: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=998907

Cant wait for the second wrong the first one was awesome!!!

Thank you! Only couple hours left then we start it tonight! i hope you all come and join it.

unibtc.4real

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 06:01:11 PM

Where is the 2nd one? Its already time! Grin
coinpr0n

Activity: 910

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 06:18:41 PM

This looks like fun. Not sure I'm going to have the skills to participate in this one but I'll definitely review the first one. Looks cool!

ca333 (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 06:32:12 PM

Where is the 2nd one? Its already time! Grin

check the countdown. its here soon!

This looks like fun. Not sure I'm going to have the skills to participate in this one but I'll definitely review the first one. Looks cool!

Yes its LOT of fun!! come and try it. if you learn the first good, you can also win the hackathon #2. i wish all participant good luck and hope many come in this hackathon!

Injust
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 07:56:44 PM

Just curious, are the future hackathons going to be at the same time?
Because this is around midnight for me :c
ca333 (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 09:55:32 PM

yes i think in same time. but also i think it will take 24-48h for first solve it. so joining in next day is no problem

political1907

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 10:02:15 PM

yes i think in same time. but also i think it will take 24-48h for first solve it. so joining in next day is no problem

hackathons when coming ? now or later ?

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: