Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:49:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: lost  (Read 1161 times)
usagi (OP)
VIP

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 09, 2012, 01:03:51 PM
Last edit: October 06, 2012, 03:56:31 PM by usagi

lost

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
August 09, 2012, 01:13:11 PM

Hi! I'm posting this here to securities because I basically only post here and if no one here knows anything no one else will either.

So... I just paid a BitVPS invoice by cut and paste, but somehow the cut and paste did not work and I cut and paste 1Nx6jGLZ43tMsz5YFwQH2pqbAQmrFqxvDs.

When the payment didn't go through (I had refreshed the invoice many times) I noticed the payment address and the address I sent coins to (above) were different. I went ahead and paid the bill with the "new" address (which was actually the same address as I had paid to when I set up my account).

Then I went and started looking around for how on earth I had copied 1Nx6jGLZ43tMsz5YFwQH2pqbAQmrFqxvDs into my clipboard.

It isn't anything in my wallet addressbook for sending or recieving.
It isn't anything on my GLBSE accounts or assets.
It doesn't appear to be anything from IRC.
It's not on google. It's not searchable here either.
I checked http://blockchain.info/address/1Nx6jGLZ43tMsz5YFwQH2pqbAQmrFqxvDs and it's blank. That's the only payment. Weeeeeeeird!

I have no idea where on earth I got this address from. It must have been something I was doing earlier, but for the life of me, if I had cut it from somewhere, why then can't I find it? I would otherwise swear to god this was something from the BitVPS invoice, but that can't be possible can it?

If anyone knows 1Nx6jGLZ43tMsz5YFwQH2pqbAQmrFqxvDs or has received a payment for 2.29 recently please PM me. Thanks.
You're a victim of a Bitcoin trojan? I remember (from a few months ago) that there were a trojan floating around that would generate Bitcoin addresses on the fly once a Bitcoin address is detected in the clipboard, and replace the genuine address with its own address. It would then send the privatekeys back the to the owner.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 09, 2012, 01:17:24 PM

Hi! I'm posting this here to securities because I basically only post here and if no one here knows anything no one else will either.

So... I just paid a BitVPS invoice by cut and paste, but somehow the cut and paste did not work and I cut and paste 1Nx6jGLZ43tMsz5YFwQH2pqbAQmrFqxvDs.

When the payment didn't go through (I had refreshed the invoice many times) I noticed the payment address and the address I sent coins to (above) were different. I went ahead and paid the bill with the "new" address (which was actually the same address as I had paid to when I set up my account).

Then I went and started looking around for how on earth I had copied 1Nx6jGLZ43tMsz5YFwQH2pqbAQmrFqxvDs into my clipboard.

It isn't anything in my wallet addressbook for sending or recieving.
It isn't anything on my GLBSE accounts or assets.
It doesn't appear to be anything from IRC.
It's not on google. It's not searchable here either.
I checked http://blockchain.info/address/1Nx6jGLZ43tMsz5YFwQH2pqbAQmrFqxvDs and it's blank. That's the only payment. Weeeeeeeird!

I have no idea where on earth I got this address from. It must have been something I was doing earlier, but for the life of me, if I had cut it from somewhere, why then can't I find it? I would otherwise swear to god this was something from the BitVPS invoice, but that can't be possible can it?

If anyone knows 1Nx6jGLZ43tMsz5YFwQH2pqbAQmrFqxvDs or has received a payment for 2.29 recently please PM me. Thanks.
You're a victim of a Bitcoin trojan? I remember (from a few months ago) that there were a trojan floating around that would generate Bitcoin addresses on the fly once a Bitcoin address is detected in the clipboard, and replace the genuine address with its own address. It would then send the privatekeys back the to the owner.
I remember something similar, too, back around the last couple months of GLBSE v1.
ErebusBat

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
August 09, 2012, 01:40:10 PM

It's possible but I doubt it, I run Linux and I don't see anything resident in memory. Was the trojan for Linux?
Not only that... there was only one payment.

I would ask RG, perhaps his system has a bug and gave you a new payout address when it shouldn't have.

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle

Signup for CEX.io BitFury exchange and get GHS Instantly!  Don't wait for shipping, mine NOW!
mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2012, 04:57:28 PM

at least it was only 2.3 BTC!  could have been 23 BTC... 
ErebusBat

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
August 09, 2012, 09:12:49 PM

And rg really works hard on it, he treats his business like his baby.
This is no joke.  I don't even have a BitVPS (yet) but after hanging out in #bitvps you can bet that rg will get my money when I get one.

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle

Signup for CEX.io BitFury exchange and get GHS Instantly!  Don't wait for shipping, mine NOW!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: