Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:38:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Darkcoin aka DASH - The biggest ongoing SCAM in crypto  (Read 48623 times)
daehbew

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2015, 03:02:20 AM

So, the cryptocurrency is a leader in Market Cap.
Seems to have some interresting fascets to it's algorithm such as X11.

I'm assessing the currency to see if it's a good investment. I hear the instamine cries, but I don't think that destroys the validity of the currency.....

Idk, maybe it does...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BIT-Sharon

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 03:20:55 AM

Is it true? This is scared. Dogecoin is reliable, I think.
daehbew

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2015, 03:32:06 AM

Here is a thread on bounty to fork dash

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=999633.msg10852558#msg10852558
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2015, 03:45:32 AM

So, the cryptocurrency is a leader in Market Cap.
Seems to have some interresting fascets to it's algorithm such as X11.

I'm assessing the currency to see if it's a good investment. I hear the instamine cries, but I don't think that destroys the validity of the currency.....

Idk, maybe it does...

Ask Sosa and McGwire.

stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 08:24:06 AM

Even though I no longer own any Dash and don't have any links to the Dash team any more I thought I'd highlight how moronic this post is.

Illodin was asking a valid question but given that at that moment the difficulty was 0.06250000 and the block reward was 500 and that there were already miners selling coins in bundles of 100s and low 1000s by that point, this is simply no evidence of anything other than Evan had a CPU miner running from launch.

I think it is healthy to question the origins of a coin if there are serious concerns but why spend your life taking out of context quotes and starting threads repeating the same old shit over and over again?

Good point.. if the devs are willing to lie about the instamine being an "accident" - why not just use the GPU miner from the time of launch?

Might explain this gem:

aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 08:35:15 AM

For weeks back in 2014 Dark/Dash was at sale for peanuts. I didnt mine, just bought some:

We made our distribution long ago. Stop with this "instamine" crap. The actual value of the coin is because the dedicated effort of Evan & team. This is no hard to understand.

You missed it. Get over it.

obit33

Activity: 514
Merit: 258

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 10:16:39 AM

For weeks back in 2014 Dark/Dash was at sale for peanuts. I didnt mine, just bought some:

We made our distribution long ago. Stop with this "instamine" crap. The actual value of the coin is because the dedicated effort of Evan & team. This is no hard to understand.

You missed it. Get over it.

Again, not the point... look at this chart:

So this doesn't look like an 'instamine' to you? Seriously? I understand you maybe have some vested interests in this coin, but why deny something that obvious? There was a pre-/instamine. I don't care about the distribution afterwards, it was a scammy launch, especially because Evan lied about when he would start mining...
If this was not an instamine, how would you define it then?

best regards
aleix
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 10:29:29 AM

Noone is denying the bugs at the launch:

https://dashtalk.org/threads/the-birth-of-darkcoin.162

Launch

It was January 18, 2014 and I had everything ready or so I thought. I announced the launch of Darkcoin (XCoin at the time) on BitcoinTalk. We launched later and immediately got stuck on block 42, I was new to the Bitcoin codebase and wasn’t sure what I missed so I announced we’d relaunch later.

When we relaunched we had a rush of miners join causing a huge spike of coin production without it being able to adjust the difficulty quick enough, we just ended up spilling out coins. Retargeting happened every 576 blocks and could only increase the difficulty by four times, so it took about six retargets to get to a difficulty that was near 2.5 minutes per block.

Later on, after the difficulty evened out we realized that there was a serious problem with the block reward calculation. You can see people discussing the problems here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.120

I soon fixed this issue at block 4500, but none of us realized the amount of coins that had been issued at the time. At that point we didn’t even have a block explorer yet.

At the beginning, Xcoin was nothing than other shitcoin. And for several weeks was distributed because price was really low, as u can see here:

After that, the developer began to work seriously on it, then Dash become what is now.  

Noone is hiding the truth. I know the truth because I was there. Wanna cry all Bitcointalk about it? Be my guest.

Meanwhile, we are working:

https://dashtalk.org/forums/official-announcements.54

You don't like it? Is fine, I don't like most of the alts out there. 

Best regards,
obit33

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 10:37:12 AM

Then if you're sincere you should launch again... If the coin is really that good, I'm sure a fair launch will only add up to its value... Then you won't have to deal with shills like me anymore.

And again, Evan lied:
Ok now it insta crashes when I type "setgenerate true".

Time to go to bed and try again next week?

Yeah, let's do that. I obviously need to do some more testing. Thanks everyone!

Best thing to do I guess. Please, confirm you won't be launching after some minutes/hours even if you fix it, and the sooner would be tomorrow, thanks.

Definitely not. I'll also follow up with this post when I do set a time.

Definitely not...
aleix
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 10:44:52 AM

You don't get it, do you?   Embarrassed

The coin was a crap, buggy one at launch. Now, after more than a year of hard work is valuable.

Wanna do a relauch? Do it, is open source!! Just clone it, call it "obitcoin" and that's it! You have your own coin. With Masternodes, InstantX and all the stuff.

What I see every day is greed and desperate people from other coins, trying to destroy what they think is better.

Just a little advice from an old man:

Just live and let live others. And do something positive with your time.  Wink

obit33

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 10:54:13 AM

The coin was a crap, buggy one at launch. Now, after more than a year of hard work is valuable.

Wanna do a relauch? Do it, is open source!! Just clone it, call it "obitcoin" and that's it! You have your own coin. With Masternodes, InstantX and all the stuff.

What I see every day is greed and desperate people from other coins, trying to destroy what they think is better.

meh, I don't like the centralising Masternodes either ;-)

But hey, nice of you to admit the launch was buggy and thus lead to a de facto instamine... I don't care what the intention was (bad or good), the result was an instamine, nice of you to admit that.

best regards
stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 10:56:06 AM

But hey, nice of you to admit the launch was buggy and thus lead to a de facto instamine... I don't care what the intention was (bad or good), the result was an instamine, nice of you to admit that.

best regards

I am not aware of anybody within the Darkcoin/Dash community (including Evan) who has ever denied the instamine happened.  There is even a section in the Dash wiki about it.
stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 11:07:36 AM

Crave is based largely on SDC and Dash code...maybe the Dash haters should go and play with Crave instead of focussing all of this jealousy. Cheesy
aleix
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 11:08:24 AM

You don't get it, do you?   Embarrassed

Just live and let live others. And do something positive with your time.  Wink

best regards

I am not aware of anybody within the Darkcoin/Dash community (including Evan) who has ever denied the instamine happened.  There is even a section in the Dash wiki about it.

The Birth Of Darkcoin

https://dashtalk.org/threads/the-birth-of-darkcoin.162

Was Dash Instamined?

http://wiki.dashpay.io/display/DRK/Legacy+FAQ

Long time no see Stone. We miss you  Tongue
AdamWhite (OP)

Activity: 605
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 12:58:10 PM

You don't get it, do you?   Embarrassed

Just live and let live others. And do something positive with your time.  Wink

best regards

I am not aware of anybody within the Darkcoin/Dash community (including Evan) who has ever denied the instamine happened.  There is even a section in the Dash wiki about it.

Yes, the incomplete, watered down versions are mentioned on dashtalk and on a shitty looking wiki barely anyone visits.

If Evan is so open about it, i wonder why he doesn't mention it in the DASH thread on Bitcointalk, or any thread whatsoever on Bitcointalk  Roll Eyes He knows how bad it looks, and no one is believing that it was a "bug" either.

It was a deliberate instamine which he later blamed on a bug because he couldn't hide it. Despicable.

illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 02:43:42 PM

It was a deliberate instamine which he later blamed on a bug because he couldn't hide it. Despicable.

Later, when? You mean later on the launch day?
stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 03:39:35 PM

If Evan is so open about it, i wonder why he doesn't mention it in the DASH thread on Bitcointalk, or any thread whatsoever on Bitcointalk  Roll Eyes

Because Evan only posts on BCT about updates or in response to technical queries.  If he replied to 10% of the posts about the early days of Darkcoin he wouldn't have any time to code.
stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 04:10:26 PM

Long time no see Stone. We miss you  Tongue

Thanks mate, I miss the Drk community too.  I should pop in and say hello now and again Smiley
AdamWhite (OP)

Activity: 605
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 05:10:31 PM

If Evan is so open about it, i wonder why he doesn't mention it in the DASH thread on Bitcointalk, or any thread whatsoever on Bitcointalk  Roll Eyes

Because Evan only posts on BCT about updates or in response to technical queries.  If he replied to 10% of the posts about the early days of Darkcoin he wouldn't have any time to code.

Why do you still feel the need to apologize for him and make ridiculous excuses?

If he's open and honest about the instamine as you claim, then it should be in the BCT announcement thread. Period
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 05:38:36 PM

Oh , another XMR user Roll Eyes
XMR user or not, OP is 100 % right. Darkcoin got insanely instamined by Linux users, this is all demonstrable with proof. The fact you ant ot support an instamined coin leads me to believe that you are loaded big time with DRK. Good look to you, but look what happened to Bytecoin vs Monero.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: