Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:47:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Darkcoin aka DASH - The biggest ongoing SCAM in crypto  (Read 48623 times)
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 02:52:21 PM

We have an instamine, a clumsy method of privacy, a mash-up of algos that fails to recognize that the whole is only is only as strong as the weakest link, and a governance system that is centralized around the instaminers. I think that's a good running  list, but I'm sure Evan will borrow another bad idea and slap an x on it soon enough.

Although you've done your best to collect together a bunch of your favourite targets and amp their importance, none of them are fundamental long term problems and all of them pale next to the service level targets that Dash has established as objectives (both in terms of features and performance).

An 'elegant' method of privacy is useless if it's the wrong method of privacy. Since me & you already rehearsed these arguments plenty times I won't waste any more time on it here.

As far as systems of 'governance' is concerned, come back when you've actually got one to compare with Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tash

Activity: 1190
Merit: 305

Pro financial, medical liberty

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 02:55:17 PM

Check facts at least, scambags  Wink

You shouldn't let facts get in the way of good trollin'.

They seem not to use their brains.

Throw a bone and they're going "woof woof" without thinking...LOL
Not that I expect anything more.
No more bumps for this ridiculousness from me.

Are you say Chaincoin dev is lying?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=422149.0

Chained cryptocoin Genesis block timestamps
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=995710.msg12665512#msg12665512

generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2015, 03:29:17 PM

We have an instamine, a clumsy method of privacy, a mash-up of algos that fails to recognize that the whole is only is only as strong as the weakest link, and a governance system that is centralized around the instaminers. I think that's a good running  list, but I'm sure Evan will borrow another bad idea and slap an x on it soon enough.

Although you've done your best to collect together a bunch of your favourite targets and amp their importance, none of them are fundamental long term problems and all of them pale next to the service level targets that Dash has established as objectives (both in terms of features and performance).

An 'elegant' method of privacy is useless if it's the wrong method of privacy. Since me & you already rehearsed these arguments plenty times I won't waste any more time on it here.

As far as systems of 'governance' is concerned, come back when you've actually got one to compare with Wink

Your thoughts on what makes good money are the start of your delusions, but lets add not having something being proof that what you have is quality or somehow my criticism is invalidated.

Example:

"Your rocket won't make it into space because the boosters weight too much, the nav system is faulty and the lead engineer stole integral parts and sold them on the black market. "

Response, "We have a rocket and you don't therefore ours will make it into space."

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1197

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 03:46:43 PM

Who cares? It's a dumb idea anyway, and obviously a rip off of the earlier chained hashes that used a different number of functions. Is the first person to add another few hash functions on top of the 11 also a genius?

jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1102

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 03:49:17 PM

Who cares? It's a dumb idea anyway, and obviously a rip off of the earlier chained hashes that used a different number of functions. Is the first person to add another few hash functions on top of the 11 also a genius?

Clearly the creator of X13 is two smarter than Duffield, and the creator of X15 is another two points smarter than him.
BagHolder010

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 03:57:53 PM

When u create something then talk plz or else stop hatin, also we are not the reason why ur coin is down on the marketcap it's because of ur low grade developers + toxic community + copy cat losers + Rpietilla, Truecryptonaire playing buying/selling creating fake volume. Ohh ad when u quote me quote everything I know u have epic quoting copy/paste skills. lol

PS: CRY"P"TO here more plz

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████▄
   █████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
  ██████      ███████      █████
 █████████▌   ███████   █████████
▐█████████▌   ███████   █████████▌
████████                   ███████
▐███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄██████▌
 ██████████   ███████   █████████
  ██████▀▀▀   ███████   ▀▀▀█████
   █████      ███████      ████
    ▀████████████████████████▀
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

▄▄         ▄▄             ▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌           ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌     ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▄██████████▌   ▄███████████   ▄██████████
▐█████████████▌  ███▀     ▐██▌  ▐███▀     ███  ▐███▀
▐██▌       ▐██▌ ▐██▌      ▐██▌  ███▌      ███  ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌  ███▄     ▐██▌  ▐███▄     ███  ▐███▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▀██████████▌   ▀██████  ███   ▀██████████
▀▀         ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
FacebookTwitterBitcointalk
dihydrogenmonoxide

Activity: 197
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 04:28:16 PM

Why wasn't the "bug" that supposedly caused Dash's instamine caught on testnet?  Dash does have a testnet and is open source, right?

Wrong, there was no testnet for Xcoin in Jan 2014. Evan was working on this coin alone in his sparetime. Since when is being open source a synonym for "bug free software"?

Why wasn't the coin relaunched after such a failed fiasco of a first 48 hours?

Why should it? Is there a definition what fails a launch and what process has to be followed in the case of failure?

Technicalities aside, Dash's instamine was, for everyone not named Evan Scamfield, a premine.  We don't need him to come and 'Duff-splain' all about how Dash's instamine is actually a good thing.

And who are you, calling Evan Duffield insulting names? What's your proposed mitigation to the instamine incident - right now? We can all talk about the past in hindsight.

"The best way to convince a fool that he is wrong is to let him have his own way." - Josh Billings
sH1TBREAKER

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 04:29:21 PM

"When someone calls attention to one of the many questionable aspects of the Darkcoin/Dash instamine fraud: attack other coins whose emission and total supply were never tampered with.

Furthermore, create brand new sockpuppet accounts and use them to attack the whistleblowers"

- Dark/Dashtard bible

Except I'm not supporting DASH and the instamine/old codebase. This should have been obvious from my comment. On the oder side though your main whisteblower and biggest shill is the biggest scammer on earth: iCEBREAKER aka Eduardo Decastro who whines in the DASH thread daily while scamming people. Sad enough, you guys support him and his actions.

Crying about an other coin won't make your shitclone better.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1197

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 04:38:33 PM

Despite a year long campaign of plastering all known avenues on BCT with Monero propaganda, all it has done is loose value apart from the odd margin traded pump. Dash has also lost value but the difference is that it has a future because it did not make the fundamental mistakes in strategic monetary priorities that Monero did.

What a bizarre non sequitur. Why even mention "lost value" and "odd margin traded pumps", when you going to disregard the market and substitute your own conclusion instead, because it turns out that Dash has fared far worse in the market?

The blue lines are market cap:

sH1TBREAKER

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 04:39:11 PM

What does it say about your argument that you can't even use your real account?

That's all you can say? Sad really Smiley
dihydrogenmonoxide

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 04:45:54 PM

What's your proposed mitigation to the instamine incident - right now? We can all talk about the past in hindsight.

The main issue is that eduffield continues to insist the instamine wasn't intentional, when a trivial amount of research shows this is completely laughable. Until he admits to the intentional instamine Darkcoin/Dash is a total scam regardless of what you think about the technology.
I did not talk about the technology at all, i was asking for a proposal how to mitigate the instamine incident.

And why should someone admit something he did not do? Will you admit that you killed John Lennon?

"The best way to convince a fool that he is wrong is to let him have his own way." - Josh Billings
BagHolder010

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 05:02:59 PM

I did not talk about the technology at all, i was asking for a proposal how to mitigate the instamine incident.

And why should someone admit something he did not do? Will you admit that you killed John Lennon?

I threw in the bit about technology for good measure.

So you know for an absolute fact he didn't? Are you eduffield? What qualifies you to speak for him?

We get it you invested everything you got on Monero when it was high and we have this on this forum before you deleted that post "Even though it was deleted we can still check it lol"
Then you invested on Dashcoin and it went crap....Ok WE GET IT you  hate Evan because he delivers and Smooth/Fluffy Don't bad choice by you we feel sorry I really do.

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████▄
   █████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
  ██████      ███████      █████
 █████████▌   ███████   █████████
▐█████████▌   ███████   █████████▌
████████                   ███████
▐███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄██████▌
 ██████████   ███████   █████████
  ██████▀▀▀   ███████   ▀▀▀█████
   █████      ███████      ████
    ▀████████████████████████▀
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

▄▄         ▄▄             ▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌           ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌     ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▄██████████▌   ▄███████████   ▄██████████
▐█████████████▌  ███▀     ▐██▌  ▐███▀     ███  ▐███▀
▐██▌       ▐██▌ ▐██▌      ▐██▌  ███▌      ███  ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌  ███▄     ▐██▌  ▐███▄     ███  ▐███▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▀██████████▌   ▀██████  ███   ▀██████████
▀▀         ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
FacebookTwitterBitcointalk
dihydrogenmonoxide

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 05:06:18 PM

So you know for an absolute fact he didn't? Are you eduffield? What qualifies you to speak for him?

There is no way to know what happend until you are Evan - this applies to you and me. Judging on forum posts in hindsight and out of context is not a valid proof, for none of our or anyones theories.

And I did not speak for Evan - i just asked the question "why should someone admit to something he did not do" - in general.

Theoretically speaking:

Given that the instamine was a flaw/bug, Evan was totally overworked, glad he finally solved it by tweaking the code instead of relaunching it, mined a lot of coins, sold some, bought some - what should he do today?

Blawpaw
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 08:08:31 PM

This thread is to spread the word.

2+ million Darkcoin/DASH were instamined in the first 48 hours30 hours of launch. (1.5 million in the first 8 hours) Dev tries to make everyone believe it was an accident.

After the initial 2+ million coin instamine, they start using private GPU miners while convincing everyone else it's still a CPU only coin.

In addition, they:

- Lower the block emission 100x (500 coins per block to 5 coins per block)
- Lower the total coin supply that can ever exist from 80 million to 20 million
- Try and fail to bury the instamine by not mentioning it on the OP or the website
- Try to distance themselves from these facts by going through two rebrandings

They instamined at 100x emission and then drastically reduced the supply and emission rate once they had their fill. What a scam!  Roll Eyes

Spread the word, research.

To be convincing you should at least try to find some evidence before starting to accuse. Can you at least post some proof of what you are saying is true?
dihydrogenmonoxide

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 08:24:02 PM

There is no way to know what happend until you are Evan - this applies to you and me. Judging on forum posts in hindsight and out of context is not a valid proof, for none of our or anyones theories.

And I did not speak for Evan - i just asked the question "why should someone admit to something he did not do" - in general.

Theoretically speaking:

Given that the instamine was a flaw/bug, Evan was totally overworked, glad he finally solved it by tweaking the code instead of relaunching it, mined a lot of coins, sold some, bought some - what should he do today?

Yes, people are very fond of making excuses for him like you've just done here  Roll Eyes

Like i said, a trivial amount of research reveals the many inconsistencies and so-called coincidences that enabled eduffield to benefit greatly from the instamine.. his deception about the launch time and lack of windows wallet both support the intentional instamine argument. Also, his gross overstatement about "inventing" X11 is a good indicator of his complete lack of ethics

tl;dr: if it smells like shit it most likely is.
Where did I make a excuse for him? I've asked you to propose a mitigation, not to repeat your statements.

Once again: What mitigation plan would suit you?

dihydrogenmonoxide

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 08:41:45 PM

2+ million Darkcoin/DASH were instamined in the first 48 hours30 hours of launch. (1.5 million in the first 8 hours) Dev tries to make everyone believe it was an accident.

After the initial 2+ million coin instamine, they start using private GPU miners while convincing everyone else it's still a CPU only coin.

In addition, they:

- Try and fail to bury the instamine by not mentioning it on the OP or the website

They instamined at 100x emission and then drastically reduced the supply and emission rate once they had their fill. What a scam!  Roll Eyes

To be convincing you should at least try to find some evidence before starting to accuse. Can you at least post some proof of what you are saying is true?

It seems that the OP is very convinced that he has proof that Evan Duffield is a scammer.

If his proofs are that good he should sue him and the Darkcoin Foundation. All information necessary is on their website: https://www.darkcoinfoundation.org/about/team/

If his proofs are made up he should think about stopping his accusations.

dihydrogenmonoxide

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 09:08:07 PM

Actually every single thing on the OP is a fact, not opinion whatsoever. All of those things happened and you won't find them mentioned let alone explained anywhere on the Dash website or their BCT Ann.

The OP concludes with research so feel free to do so and make up your own mind  Roll Eyes
IHMO writing your OP does not make your claims facts - you are not providing any proof.

Like I wrote: file your accusations as a lawsuit against Darkcoin Foundation if you were scammed. Otherwise your actions are just a form of cyberharassment which is illegal in many countries.

illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 09:25:25 PM

Check facts at least, scambags  Wink

You shouldn't let facts get in the way of good trollin'.
There is no better fact than block 0 timestamp
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=995710.msg12665512#msg12665512

The XCOIN block 0 timestamp is from the relaunched blockchain. The first public launch was before ChainCoin's block 0.

But then again, facts shouldn't get in the way of good trollin' so please carry on.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 09:27:22 PM

In addition, they:

It seems that the OP is very convinced that he has proof that Evan Duffield is a scammer.

If his proofs are that good he should sue him and the Darkcoin Foundation. All information necessary is on their website: https://www.darkcoinfoundation.org/about/team/

If his proofs are made up he should think about stopping his accusations.

Just because I "know" someone is a scammer does not mean I get to sue him.

I didnt lose anything with Mark K and the EMPTYGOX fiasco but he is a scammer and I have no right to sue him given I lost nothing.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 09:27:58 PM

Actually every single thing on the OP is a fact, not opinion whatsoever. All of those things happened and you won't find them mentioned let alone explained anywhere on the Dash website or their BCT Ann.

The OP concludes with research so feel free to do so and make up your own mind  Roll Eyes
IHMO writing your OP does not make your claims facts - you are not providing any proof.

Like I wrote: file your accusations as a lawsuit against Darkcoin Foundation if you were scammed. Otherwise your actions are just a form of cyberharassment which is illegal in many countries.

Or Darkcoin Foundation should sue AdamWhite. A good start for the damages his defamation and accusations without proof have caused could be easily calculated - the difference in market cap before AdamWhite had started his defamation mission and now.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: