Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:26:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CoinLab Protected Pool  (Read 97554 times)
meebs

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 22, 2012, 03:10:37 AM
Last edit: November 22, 2012, 01:11:07 PM by meebs

Coinlab:

Thank you for the great updates tonight. You have helped to clear up a LOT of the uncertainty surrounding this system.

I'd like to go ahead and summarize what you have said to make it a little easier for other users to understand. Please correct me if anything is wrong.

1. Saturday evening November 24th (for US miners) is the last time loyalty points will be earned.
2. Miners have complete control as to when to redeem just by switching to a different pool (clarification at some point as to if we'd need to register again for this pool or just a switch of URL for miners could be helpful)
3. While on the redeem pool, all shares will be paid at $0.00012427 PPS, or 8046 shares per dollar.
4. Payout of these dollars will be IN BTC, on monday, converted at the MTGOX average price for that day.
5. If a miner feels BTC price will drop (edited), they are free to let their dollars accumulate.
6. the HPC client is coming soon, with neat projects coming (video encoding, science stuff etc)

In short: it looks like coinlab might just have found that way to keep our GPU's profitable after the block having and ASICS. WOOT

Suggestion: The sooner you can come up with profitability calculations for HPC work the better for your company.

People with GPU's will start contemplating selling their cards sooner than later at this point. The more information they can get regarding if it will be profitable to "work" for you, the better a decision we can make as to sell or not.

▄▄▄█████████████▄▄▄
           ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▄
        ▄██████▀▀             ▀▀██████▄
      ▄█████▀▀                    ▀▀█████▄
     █████▀                          ▀█████
    ████▀          ▄▄███████▄▄         ▀████
   ████▌        ▄██▀▀▀    ▀▀▀██▄        ▐████
  ████▌       ▄██▀            ▀██▄       ▐████
 ▐████       ██▀   ▄▄█▀▀▀█▄▄    ▀██       ████▌
 ████▌      ▐█▌   █▀  ▄▄   ▀▀             ▐████
▐████       ██  █▌  █▌ █████████████      ████▌
▐████       ██  ▐█  ▐█                     ████▌
 ████▌      ▐█▌   █▄  ▀▀   ▄▄    ██▀      ▐████
 ▐████       ██▄   ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀    ██▌       ████▌
  █████       ▀██▄            ▄██▀       █████
   █████        ▀██▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██▀        █████
    █████          ▀▀███████▀▀         █████
     █████▄                          ▄█████
      ▀█████▄▄                    ▄▄█████▀
        ▀██████▄▄             ▄▄██████▀
           ▀████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀
              ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀▀
Global Cryptocurrency
          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

DECENTRALISING PRODUCTION, LOGISTICS AND PAYMENT 
                ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   3D SERVICE      32 BAY     GCC WEBWALLET
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BlackPrapor

Activity: 628
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2012, 04:04:17 AM

Hello Chris,
I didn't get paid for the last week shares, and I'm 35.45btc short. Please send it to my registered address. Thanks.

There is no place like 127.0.0.1
In blockchain we trust
monstrs

Activity: 555

View Profile
November 22, 2012, 06:40:07 AM

Coinlab:

Thank you for the great updates tonight. You have helped to clear up a LOT of the uncertainty surrounding this system.

I'd like to go ahead and summarize what you have said to make it a little easier for other users to understand. Please correct me if anything is wrong.

1. Saturday evening November 24th (for US miners) is the last time loyalty points will be earned.
2. Miners have complete control as to when to redeem just by switching to a different pool (clarification at some point as to if we'd need to register again for this pool or just a switch of URL for miners could be helpful)
3. While on the redeem pool, all shares will be paid at $0.00012427 PPS, or 8046 shares per dollar.
4. Payout of these dollars will be IN BTC, on monday, converted at the MTGOX average price for that day.
5. If a miner feels BTC price will rise, they are free to let their dollars accumulate.
6. the HPC client is coming soon, with neat projects coming (video encoding, science stuff etc)

In short: it looks like coinlab might just have found that way to keep our GPU's profitable after the block having and ASICS. WOOT

Suggestion: The sooner you can come up with profitability calculations for HPC work the better for your company.

People with GPU's will start contemplating selling their cards sooner than later at this point. The more information they can get regarding if it will be profitable to "work" for you, the better a decision we can make as to sell or not.

Great summarize in short words Smiley
Human readable changes Cheesy
BlackPrapor

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2012, 06:56:07 AM

Coinlab:

5. If a miner feels BTC price will rise, they are free to let their dollars accumulate.

It might be even worth investing into gpu farm =) godspeed coinlab Smiley

In blockchain we trust
chungenhung
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 22, 2012, 07:14:30 AM

looks like coinlab website is down.
Shermo

Activity: 272
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2012, 10:25:35 AM

I think point number 5 is wrong, if the price increases then you are worse off as your dollars are worth less BTC, so you would only want to store them if you thought the price was going to drop... which is unlikely?
meebs

View Profile
November 22, 2012, 01:11:35 PM

I think point number 5 is wrong, if the price increases then you are worse off as your dollars are worth less BTC, so you would only want to store them if you thought the price was going to drop... which is unlikely?

Yup. Good point. I edited my post.

▄▄▄█████████████▄▄▄
              ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀▀
Global Cryptocurrency
          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Luno

Activity: 504

View Profile
November 22, 2012, 07:33:12 PM

CoinLab still down? no tweets since the 14'th November.  Anyone missing payouts?
BlackPrapor

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2012, 08:21:45 PM

CoinLab still down? no tweets since the 14'th November.  Anyone missing payouts?

I'm 35btc down, and no reply from coinlab. That was unexpected. Another pirate scheme?

In blockchain we trust
monstrs

View Profile
November 22, 2012, 08:53:16 PM

Have no payouts eather.
Luno

Activity: 504

View Profile
November 22, 2012, 09:04:23 PM

I'm asking as they had a 500.000$ worth of real life venture capital, and had / have something going with background mining for gamers providing free gaming. Block halving might have put an end to that.

Original article here: http://www.forbes.com/sites/jonmatonis/2012/04/24/coinlab-attracts-500000-in-venture-capital-for-bitcoin-projects/

They can't just hit the road, there are real contracts!!
AmDD
Legendary

Activity: 1027

View Profile
November 23, 2012, 12:38:08 AM

I was paid in full on Monday.

BTC tip jar: 18EKpbrcXxbpzAZv3T58ccGcVis7W7JR9w
LTC tip jar: Lgp8ERykAgx6Q8NdMqpi5vnVoUMD2hYn2a
AniceInovation
Donator

Activity: 446
Merit: 262

Interesting.

View Profile
November 23, 2012, 03:59:34 AM

Me too.
monstrs

View Profile
November 23, 2012, 05:58:59 AM

Me too.

I was too, but this second payment has not been processed, and coinlab has been online yesterday, no notifications.
AmDD
Legendary

Activity: 1027

View Profile
November 23, 2012, 02:36:36 PM

Me too.

I was too, but this second payment has not been processed, and coinlab has been online yesterday, no notifications.

Second payout? They only payout once a week...

BTC tip jar: 18EKpbrcXxbpzAZv3T58ccGcVis7W7JR9w
LTC tip jar: Lgp8ERykAgx6Q8NdMqpi5vnVoUMD2hYn2a
ShadesOfMarble
Donator

Activity: 543

View Profile
November 23, 2012, 02:42:37 PM

They do twice if you ask them to do.

Review of the Spondoolies-Tech SP10 „Dawson“ Bitcoin miner (1.4 TH/s)

[22:35] <Vinnie_win> Did anyone get paid yet? | [22:36] <Isokivi> pirate did!
meebs

View Profile
November 24, 2012, 04:09:39 AM

Me too.

i've been paid 100% as expected so far (just a slight delay one week, but nothing major).

▄▄▄█████████████▄▄▄
              ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀▀
Global Cryptocurrency
          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

monstrs

View Profile
November 24, 2012, 05:10:15 AM

Coinlab hav not been here 2 days now. Maybe busy with that new client thing?
TheHarbinger

Activity: 378

Why is it so damn hot in here?

View Profile
November 24, 2012, 06:24:52 AM

Coinlab hav not been here 2 days now. Maybe busy with that new client thing?

Or maybe they are not working today, or yesterday, or until Monday, like they said in their post.  Of course, you already knew that since you read the thread before deciding to post I'm sure.

12Um6jfDE7q6crm1s6tSksMvda8s1hZ3Vj
BlackPrapor

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2012, 09:30:29 AM

I PM'd coinlab here, wrote emails to Chris and info@coinlab.com. So far no response, no payment. If they don't show up by Monday 26/11/2012, I'll officially call them scammers.

In blockchain we trust
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: