Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 02:48:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 [187] 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 ... 697 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CRAVE 1st POS Masternodes | Dark Assets | I2P | Market =Embrace The Dark=  (Read 826664 times)
kaene

Activity: 784
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 07:02:22 AM

A got a couple of questions, hopefully someone could answer them (maybe they were answered already, but there are too many pages here already)

- What is this offering or will offer that DASH doesn't offer already? (I basically want to know the reason why this won't be just a hype, pump, bye bye)

- What percentage of the PoS is paid to the masternodes? Is it static?

(not trolling, just deciding whether to buy)
sologap

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 07:02:58 AM

dev, why we do not have mixing and darksend buttons on the wallet ? the picture you posted before ?

☠ CRAVEEmbraces the privacy movement ☠   
    Your Market. Your Blockchain Business. Your Profit.   
trader19
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2015, 07:16:59 AM

dev, why we do not have mixing and darksend buttons on the wallet ? the picture you posted before ?
answer is marked Blue!  Cool
Adrenaline Nodes release is out.  I updated the OP with new Windows wallet download link.

This includes a hardfork/protocol switch that will occur at 23:59 GMT 8-APR (Wednesday).  Please update your nodes and wallets before then.  At that time, masternode payments will be enforced on the network.  Also at that time the target timespan for the difficulty adjustment will switch from 24 minutes to 2 minutes to help alleviate the orphan issue.

Some notes:

You can scroll the overview page by click-and-drag or touch swipe when android is out.

I hid the darksend related functions on the overview page for now, as its not a focus and it hasn't been fully tested.  If you want to experiment with it through RPC, you do so at your own risk.

The KeePass integration is not available on Windows.  It segfaults/appcrashes and I don't use Windows enough to want to sink too much time into it, so I ripped it out.  If anybody actually cares about this, I'll look into it or I'm happy to entertain pull requests if someone has a patch.

Adrenaline Node implementation supports TOR hidden service masternodes.  To use this, setup your hidden service first and grab the hostname.  Put that in as your masternodeaddr before starting the daemon and wallet (if you are doing hot/cold/remotely activated nodes).  Port must be 9999.

Masternode payments will occur before the hardfork, the hardfork is just when it becomes required.  As wallets are updated on the network, you should start seeing payments come through.  The UI will show the total block value because a breakdown of debits is not currently supported in the code, but if you double-click on the transaction to view the detail you will note that it credits the proper amount.

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | NEW ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
PatioCrasher

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 07:34:18 AM

A got a couple of questions, hopefully someone could answer them (maybe they were answered already, but there are too many pages here already)

- What is this offering or will offer that DASH doesn't offer already? (I basically want to know the reason why this won't be just a hype, pump, bye bye)

It differs from "formerly known as Dark" in quite a few ways...  It is more similar to Blackcoin then $Dash.  Almost the best of Black, Dark and Counterparty all rolled into one neat package..

Most notable differences (that peaked my interest) include burning coins for dark market colored coins and setting up Darknetmarkets utilizing Crave.

Hopefully someone with a bit more expertise can help you answer your questions more in depth..
fonzerrellie
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

Kaspa

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 07:37:47 AM

first it's not a forever miner/waster (POW), every master node will secure 500 CRAVE out of circulation (already 50+ MN's running) each market will secure 10,000 crave out of circulation (hasn't begun yet) to purchase in the markets we will have to "burn" CRAVE into "BLUR" at 1 crave for 5 blur... there is approx 530k CRAVE and 1 CRAVE produced per block so the money supply in circulation should stay pretty consistent and might even decrease with time.

this seems to be a very well thought out coin and offers much more than drk/dash has... dash needs a market place to be used, where CRAVE will produce it's own anon market places

Dev took the time to test and released a working Masternode update (first try) and I can't wait to see the markets start springing to life in the near future.

I'm doing awesome with the 1 crave per pos block found and will probably set up a node and give that a try as well but for now I'm happy staking

#Expanse $EXP 500 transactions 4 .1 EXP 1st Clone of ETH 
WAVES
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 07:38:56 AM

Buy some again  Grin

when dump guys ?
PatioCrasher

Activity: 101

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 07:40:51 AM

first it's not a forever miner/waster (POW), every master node will secure 500 CRAVE out of circulation (already 50+ MN's running) each market will secure 10,000 crave out of circulation (hasn't begun yet) to purchase in the markets we will have to "burn" CRAVE into "BLUR" at 1 crave for 5 blur... there is approx 530k CRAVE and 1 CRAVE produced per block so the money supply in circulation should stay pretty consistent and might even decrease with time.

this seems to be a very well thought out coin and offers much more than drk/dash has... dash needs a market place to be used, where CRAVE will produce it's own anon market places

Dev took the time to test and released a working Masternode update (first try) and I can't wait to see the markets start springing to life in the near future.

I'm doing awesome with the 1 crave per pos block found and will probably set up a node and give that a try as well but for now I'm happy staking

My thoughts exactly... The economics behind this coin seams sound.
trader19
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2015, 07:41:56 AM

It differs from "formerly known as Dark" in quite a few ways...  It is more similar to Blackcoin then $Dash.  Almost the best of Black, Dark and Counterparty all rolled into one neat package..

Most notable differences (that peaked my interest) include burning coins for dark market colored coins and setting up Darknetmarkets utilizing Crave.

Hopefully someone with a bit more expertise can help you answer your questions more in depth..
not to forget that crave is the first coin that integrated masternode into PoS system Wink PoS Reward is static yes 1 crave per minted block 0.333333% goes to finder, 0.666666% goes to network (masternodes) dont know about a fees tho.. btw. i am no expert, just posting what i understood.

sologap

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 07:44:32 AM

not to forget that crave is the first coin that integrated masternode into PoS system Wink PoS Reward is static yes 1 crave per minted block 0.333333% goes to finder, 0.666666% goes to network (masternodes) dont know about a fees tho.. btw. i am no expert, just posting what i understood.

not forget about TOR support for Adrenaline nodes (come on stop saying masternodes  Tongue) , fee is 0.00001

☠ CRAVEEmbraces the privacy movement ☠   
    Your Market. Your Blockchain Business. Your Profit.   
CDarvin81

Activity: 81

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 07:46:07 AM

not forget about TOR support for Adrenaline nodes (come on stop saying masternodes  Tongue) , fee is 0.00001
i hope they will rename it in the software, so we dont need to type masternode ...  Cool
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 07:54:23 AM

Does anybody know if any substance has been shared about the possible future marketplaces?  Three projects already have P2P marketplaces (some of them multicurrency) in progress. 

What makes Crave marketplace different or better?

Digital_Currency_LTD

Activity: 798

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 08:02:59 AM

Does anybody know if any substance has been shared about the possible future marketplaces?  Three projects already have P2P marketplaces (some of them multicurrency) in progress.  

One thing, Crave marketplace will work  Smiley
prospect

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 08:06:20 AM

Does anybody know if any substance has been shared about the possible future marketplaces?  Three projects already have P2P marketplaces (some of them multicurrency) in progress.  

Hah people are hyping this beyond their own knowledge. Some tech are new. 98% is taken from other currencys and merged. People should really look at the code before making assumptions.
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1075

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 08:12:26 AM

to make a cold wallet masternode you need 1 main pc (your personal pc) and as many VPS you want.

on your home pc make a new empty wallet.dat then go to debug > console and type :

masternode genkey , then press enter youll get a long string
getaccountaddress 0 , then press enter youll get an address

copy those string and address to a notepad for later use.

now you can send 500 exactly to that address

1. Rent a VPS from vultr.com and choose the one with 15GB ssd (5$/mo)

2. download putty www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html

3. connect to your VPS using putty (google how to connect in putty)

if you know how to compile craved skip this if not

4. copy and paste this one line at a time in putty black window :

Code:
sudo apt-get install build-essential libtool autotools-dev autoconf pkg-config libssl-dev libboost-all-dev automake libdb++-dev libssl-dev git
sudo aptitude install libminiupnpc-dev
git clone https://github.com/bitcoin/secp256k1
cd secp256k1
./autogen.sh
./configure
make
sudo make install
cd ..
ldconfig
mkdir .crave
nano .crave/crave.conf

NOW paste this to the crave.conf:

Code:
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcuser=MAKEUPYOUROWNUSERNAME
rpcpassword=MAKEUPYOUROWNPASSWORD
rpcport=8765
server=1
daemon=1
listen=1
staking=0
port=9999
masternodeaddr=YOUR VPS IP:9999
masternode=1
masternodeprivkey=YOUR MASRETNODE KEY THAT YOU SAVED IN NOTEPAD

Download https://mega.nz/#!0Ux2mBgQ!CRHikxDOE6piaHqujYANLMSI6_Zs-O2T4PhpX27ZZzg and move to your VPS root with an sftp program

chmod craved 777
./craved &

now go back to your home pc

make a new crave.conf file and paste this:

Code:
rpcuser=RANDOMSTRINGOFNUMBERSANDLETTERS
rpcpassword=LONGERRANDOMSTRINGOFNUMBERSANDLETTERSHAVEFUN
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
listen=0
server=1
daemon=1
logtimestamps=1
masternode=1
masternodeprivkey=YOUR MASRETNODE KEY THAT YOU SAVED IN NOTEPAD
masternodeaddr=YOUR VPS IP:9999

open crave-qt.exe and you should see it have a 500 coin

now go to debug > console and type : masternode start

and you should get a msg that says successfully started

please let me know if you got any problem

tips: C8vPmVTzUCeDLysdKEsT8wM5vrqbUyuwpu
Smiley

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
prospect

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 08:15:10 AM

Syscoin already have a working decentralized marketplace, fully working. Not "in progress" as everyone else says, including this copy paste coding currency. Also they are pushing TOR.. stop doing that shit. Every currency today has support for it, but not "in wallet support" since youre sending traffic through a TOR socket which needs to be installed first. TOR is far from safe, it lacks end to end encryption.

I2P is the future.. which exists native within the wallet in two coins so far. I know since ive ported it to one of them
fonzerrellie
Legendary

Activity: 1190

Kaspa

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 08:18:00 AM

Syscoin already have a working decentralized marketplace, fully working. Not "in progress" as everyone else says, including this copy paste coding currency.

is it anon over tor network? pos with masternodes?

feel free to go buy some Sys then... I'll stick with CRAVE thank you

#Expanse $EXP 500 transactions 4 .1 EXP 1st Clone of ETH 
WAVES
stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 08:18:23 AM

I'm sure it could work.  Its one hell of an assumption though.  

P2P marketplaces, IPV6 and TOR/I2P based masternodes have all been tried before with significant challenges discovered on the way.  For the sake of crypto, I hope this dev team are up to the task of beating those challenges.
trader19
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2015, 08:18:31 AM

Hah people are hyping this beyond their own knowledge. Some tech are new. 98% is taken from other currencys and merged. People should really look at the code before making assumptions.
well it works and that is important, and btw all alts are >90% copy paste and u know it Wink

stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 08:20:07 AM

well it works and that is important, and btw all alts are >90% copy paste and u know it Wink

Is there a working version we can play with on testnet?  Thats fantastic news that it works!
prospect

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 08:20:38 AM

Syscoin already have a working decentralized marketplace, fully working. Not "in progress" as everyone else says, including this copy paste coding currency.

is it anon over tor network? pos with masternodes?

feel free to go buy some Sys then... I'll stick with CRAVE thank you

Its anon over I2P which you can not compare to TOR really. TOR is not safe, and as i said, it lacks end to end encryption. Masternodes? you mean mixing coins? Why do you need to mix coins when you are using stealth addresses?
Pages: « 1 ... 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 [187] 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 ... 697 »
  Print  

Jump to: