Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 11:36:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: OK everyone... ready for the most asked question? Im at wits end  (Read 1146 times)
collins6542 (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 07:34:58 AM

Hey guys, I did my best to keep off forums and I have finally reached my wits end... I have purchased 2 Rockminer New R-BOX 100-110 Gh/s Miners. I am using a 08 Macbook Pro with OS x 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard). I have tried everything under the sun for the rockminers to detect with no luck.. I have tried specifically probing the port, using MacMiner, using BFGMiner 5.1, using CGMiner 4.3, SiLabs USB Driver Disk, I even installed homebrew, Xcode 4.2, I have tried several different pools thinking that was the issue.. everything from BAN, bitsolo, to Bitminter. I am just at wits end on what I can do to fix this... any ideas? (Please forgive my typing/spelling ive been sitting in front of this computer for hours and it is 0230 am now...

I thank you again guys!

- One grateful n00b
collins6542 (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 08:00:07 AM

Hey guys, I did my best to keep off forums and I have finally reached my wits end... I have purchased 2 Rockminer New R-BOX 100-110 Gh/s Miners. I am using a 08 Macbook Pro with OS x 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard). I have tried everything under the sun for the rockminers to detect with no luck.. I have tried specifically probing the port, using MacMiner, using BFGMiner 5.1, using CGMiner 4.3, SiLabs USB Driver Disk, I even installed homebrew, Xcode 4.2, I have tried several different pools thinking that was the issue.. everything from BAN, bitsolo, to Bitminter. I am just at wits end on what I can do to fix this... any ideas? (Please forgive my typing/spelling ive been sitting in front of this computer for hours and it is 0230 am now...

I thank you again guys!

- One grateful n00b
To add to this I've ran the search script with still nothing -S cd/cu.USBtoUART   I've also tried throwing manual flags such as -S rockminer:all -d?
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 08:14:39 AM

if you really tried everything they could be simply defective, or your macbook usb port are the problem, can you change it with another pc/notebook to try it?
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4116
Merit: 1635

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 09:26:04 AM

using CGMiner 4.3,
That's ancient and the rockminer support didn't even exist back then. Why? Grab the latest cgminer.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 12:44:00 PM

You could always use bootcamp and install windows or linux to try them with.   I am just guessing, but I doubt mac was that popular of a OS for them.
collins6542 (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 07:33:09 PM

if you really tried everything they could be simply defective, or your macbook usb port are the problem, can you change it with another pc/notebook to try it?

Unfortunately not. I have some U1 miners that i have tried and they work.. It is just the Rockminers... the two i purchased are brand new unopened upon arrival.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 07:38:10 PM

Unfortunately not. I have some U1 miners that i have tried and they work.. It is just the Rockminers... the two i purchased are brand new unopened upon arrival.

Did you try another OS such as linux or windows? I think those will be quite a bit more popular as far as running them.  And you will find more documentation.
bitsolutions

Activity: 261
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 07:36:18 AM

You should follow these instructions for homebrew cgminer on osx.

Mining Software Developer.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: